Image that you and your son are out on a beautiful Saturday afternoon heading out to the stores. You just sign up your bouncing five year old boy for his first year of tee ball and he needs all the appropriate equipment to not only keep him safe but also perform his very best on the field. In you walk into a store and almost immediately you and your son are greeted by an enthusiastic store reprehensive ready to help you with all of your needs. This employee listens to all of your needs and concerns and with his knowledge and leadership assist you with selecting all of the proper gear for junior. This employee impresses you with all of his knowledge and decision making of the best and proper techniques of helping anyone that steps into the store. Ask yourself, how did this employee learn such great customer service? How are these employees leading customers, and how are these employees being lead? The outstanding company that is educating these excellent leadership skills is the one and only Sports Authority.
The Sports Authority is a leading sporting goods retailer and is a well-known revenue gaining franchise in the United States of America (Statista. 2014). This company is the driving force for disturbing the top world-renowned and leading sporting merchandise such as Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Jordan Brand, and thousands of other well needed commodities. With its 500 plus superstores in all fifty states and Puerto Rico, this corporation is building and continuing to best service its customers with the best service, top of the line and innovative equipment, and knowledge to do the best job possible. The companies ' multiple years of experience factors that the superiors of this corporation have produced many diffe...
... middle of paper ...
...great first impression is always the key to attracting a positive relationship with a person. This example can relate with Stroh’s philosophy
While Thomas was superb manager as far as laying the foundation for the working atmosphere, Bruce contributed well with coaching/selling style of motivating. Bruce understood that even though I lacked the experience factor of the job, I however display interest and ability to learned and be coached on the proper way to perform multiple tasks.
In a book entitled Leadership: The Key Concepts, authors Gosling and Marturano both agree that not one single bodied person has the ability to achieve goals on their own. (Gosling. Pg 3). Insights from others, even in the smallest manner can help to direct a person in the right direction. Even with that those small perspectives, it’s a team effort to achieve desired goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sports Management and Marketing Management is tasks. Management is a discipline. But management is also people (Drucker, 1999) Management is a very broad term and has been given many different definitions. Smith and Stewart (1999) define it as ‘The system of planning, organising, actuating and controlling the co-ordination of resources for the efficient and effective delivery and exchange of products and services’ (p7). This definition incorporates 4 major principles that almost every definition will include.... [tags: Business Management ]
1654 words (4.7 pages)
- Football as it is know outside North America (Soccer) is among the most ubiquitous and beloved sport in the world. The worldwide audience for the FIFA World Cup typically exceeds 1 billion, and hundreds of thousands of spectators flock to watch their countries team participate. One of the fundamental concerns surrounding the game today revolves around the prolonged occurrence of racism, especially racial abuse to players by fans. Omi and Winant (1994) have identified, elements of racism with a strong correlation relating to sport, such as ‘temperament, athletic ability and sexuality.... [tags: Racism in Sports, Sports Industry]
1994 words (5.7 pages)
- This paper will discuss how Sporting Heritage engenders national and group identities. The topics related too in this paper, are the types of identity represented by sporting Heritage, as sporting heritage has the ability to represent groups and entire nations across the world. Sport is a fundamental part of British and world culture and is an important aspect of modern life. This topic is relevant to recent trends within modern interest as it touches upon numerous essential museum issues, for instance questions related to sport having not always being perceived as real heritage by academics and furthermore the recent inclusion of sport in academic discussion, due to until fairly recently sp... [tags: Sporting Heritage Essays]
3387 words (9.7 pages)
- Samantha Ureno Professor Zia English 99 22 January 2016 The Science Behind Sports Authority “Nothing in a grocery store is where it is by accident. Every item on a shelf has been planned” (Paco Underhill). In the articles, “The Science of Shopping” by Malcolm Gladwell and “How Target Knows What You Want Before You Do” by Charles Duhigg, these authors exemplify effective marketing strategies which were composed by Paco Underhill and Andrew Pole. Underhill is an environmental psychologist; additionally he employs the basic idea that one’s surroundings influences ones behavior and invented structuring man-made environments to make them conducive to retail purposes.... [tags: Retailing, Marketing, Marketing strategy]
700 words (2 pages)
- I saw in his eyes sheer delight and the joy of accomplishment. He had successfully faced a pitcher older and bigger and had fought off pitch after pitch before knocking a single into left field. His base hit drove in a run, continued an inning and fueled a rally which brought the team a victory from what looked like a certain defeat. He was willing to be taught and was willing to try. Success was secondary to the life skills he was mastering. Character traits will certainly be developed as one participates in team sports, but to attain positive character traits will require deliberate efforts by parents, adults, teammates and even leaders of the organization itself.... [tags: Sports ]
2294 words (6.6 pages)
- Copping an application was the easy part. I filled it out and returned it to the receptionist. I asked, "What happens next?" " You will be placed on a waiting list," she stated . Fearful of running out of time, I asked in concern, "Well, how long is the waiting list?" "At least twelve months," she answered without looking up from the monitor. I turned around to leave the building and get into my car. I just sat in the drivers sear with my hands on the steering wheel and I felt a tear run down my face and land in my lap.... [tags: Housing Authority, ]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- My senior project is on a career in Broadcasting but more specifically sports videography. The field of sports videography has been around for many years and has many opportunities for people to explore within it like myself, and room technologically for advancements. It also requires years of schooling and internships. Sports Videography is a crucial part in society today; as sports and television continue to play such a big part in people’s lives, and sports videography is a way for people to view that.... [tags: Broadcasting, Television, History of television]
1656 words (4.7 pages)
- Authority cannot exist without obedience. Society is built on this small, but important concept. Without authority and its required obedience, there would only be anarchy and chaos. But how much is too much, or too little. There is a fine line between following blindly and irrational refusal to obey those in a meaningful position of authority. Obedience to authority is a real and powerful force that should be understood and respected in order to handle each situation in the best possible manner.... [tags: Authority]
1815 words (5.2 pages)
- Nowadays almost everyone totally or partly belong to a certain organization. It can be a school, a company, a factory or a military troop. Even people who do not live or belong to these small scale organization, they still live in the society, which is also a big organization, a political entity. That is to say that every people is just member of a certain organization. As the member of the organization, people can feel the consequences of power at every level. So the power of the organizations is a highly focused topic.... [tags: Power vs Authority]
2323 words (6.6 pages)
- Authority is a basic element in the structure of social life. It is more or less effective in any human interrelation. It is functional in a spectrum from a small group of individuals to a whole population of a society. Some aspect of authority is a requirement of all communal living, and it is only the individual dwelling in isolation that is not forced to respond, with defiance or obedience, to the commands of hierarchy. In a general view, authority couples with obedience and both of them seem to be two components of one package.... [tags: Analysis Social Structure Authority]
1503 words (4.3 pages)