Ghosts have been around for many years and the root of the whole idea comes because it is “based on the ancient idea that a person's spirit exists separately from his or her body, and may continue to exist after that person dies” (“History of Ghost Stories”). Ghost stories have been told through centuries and because of this it is not known where the first spirit could have appeared or why, but one of the first actually recorded experience happened within the first century A.D. A man named Pliney recorded that he had seen a man and heard objects moving around and he could not explain what what happening (“History of Ghost Stories”). Even though the first supernatural experiences are not known, they created worldwide talk to present time about spirits and hauntings.
It is a common occurrence that people have some sort of experience that they can not explain, and these experiences make for a great story likely to be told to everyone around them. Some experiences could be very minor, but in s...
... middle of paper ...
...host Lands Many Factory Workers in Hospital." Dawn News. Dawn Media Group, 28 Oct. 2013. Web. 15 Nov. 2013.
"History of Ghost Stories." History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 15 Nov. 2013.
Miller, Brian. "The Use of Geiger Counters in Paranormal Investigations." Pacific Paranormal. Pacific Paranormal Investigations, 5 June 2009. Web. 15 Nov. 2013.
Murch, Bob. "History of the Talking Board." Museum of Talking Boards. Museum of Talking Boards, n.d. Web. 15 Nov. 2013.
Speigel, Lee. "Paranormal Phone Apps Like Ghost Radar Help Smartphone Users Seek Spirits." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 13 Aug. 2011. Web. 15 Nov. 2013.
"Top 10 Reasons Ghosts Don’t Exist." Top 10 Reasons Ghosts Don’t Exist. Word Press, 11 Oct. 2011. Web. 15 Nov. 2013.
"Types Of Hauntings." Into the Afterlife Paranormal. Into The Afterlife Paranormal, 2013. Web. 15 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every year when the temperature starts dropping and the leaves begin to get crisp, many ghostly tales resurface themselves for another round of terrifying anyone who is unfortunate enough to be in earshot of their horror. Many nightmares, uneasy looks into the dark, and scary reflections could be avoided if this simple question was answered: is the existence of the paranormal just a figment of the human psyche, or is there significant evidence that proves otherwise. The answer is no. There is not any proof that any such “undead” walk among us.... [tags: magic, ghosts, spirits]
1385 words (4 pages)
- Whether we choose to believe in the paranormal or not, we all have to realize that there are many strange things that happen to all of us that are unexplainable. The history of paranormal existence has been around since the beginning of time. The paranormal is not what most people believe it is, “ghosts”. There is a wide range in what is considered paranormal. In order to understand the paranormal you must first understand the meaning of the word. The prefix “Para” means beyond and normal. This gets you the result of beyond normal.... [tags: paranormal studies, ghosts]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- What are the dangers of paranormal research. John, being bored, turned to his good friend Charlie and asked if he might be interested in a little ghost hunt. They both agreed to travel to the nearby cemetery later that night. John had been watching a ghost hunting television series for weeks and became interested in re-searching the paranormal. John had watched ghost hunting expeditions so many times on tele-vision he thought he knew enough to go out and do it himself. So later that night John and Charlie had gone into the cemetery with their voice recorders, digital cameras, video cameras equipped with night vision, and a Ouija board.... [tags: Paranormal Research]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Boo. Get your attention. Although, a ghost is not likely to use this form of language (if they exist) but, most paranormal investigators would love to hear some form of communication from a ghost. The topics about ghosts are still as popular today as they were several years ago. People often sit around and tell stories about the unexplained bumps, footsteps, dark lurking figures experienced in many of their homes or hotels. Never mind that the house is probably settling, or an appliance is malfunctioning.... [tags: The Haunted South, Paranormal Investigation]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
- “The strange thing about the paranormal is that no matter how often [a person proves] it, it remains unproven” (Chopra). Given personal experience and evidence by professionals that have dedicated their lives to find answers regarding the paranormal and the afterlife. There will always be skeptics so long as there are humans with their own thoughts and opinions. Despite what skeptics say,ghosts exist; there are several eyewitness accounts, religious traditions, and traditional cultural stories that support the paranormal.... [tags: Ghost, Paranormal, Ghost hunting, Ghost Hunters]
1996 words (5.7 pages)
- Ghost hunters have a definite passion for what they do. They go to haunted locations, in grueling weather conditions to try and capture evidence of the paranormal. Majority of the time, nothing is found. If ghost investigators work for hours on end, why haven’t spirits been conclusively proven yet. Since paranormal investigating is a controversial topic, many people have their own views on the matter and refuse to believe evidence that could be right in front of their eyes. The equipment used, the history of the location, views of the investigators, and even the effects of reality ghost shows all play key roles in how an investigator does their job.... [tags: Ghost Hunters, Hauntings, Paranormal]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- The debate about Ghosts and Paranormal activity has been long debated through out the world. Evidence has been found by Ghost Hunters, and Investigators proving that Ghost and the Paranormal does in fact exist. With the use of technology and years of first hand experience Investigators have been able to document and share that the world is not alone. We in fact are living among Ghosts and the Paranormal. “Ghost, according to tradition, is the spirit of a dead person that returns to the living world.... [tags: supernatural phenomena]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- The House of the Spirits The House of the Spirits is a novel by famous Chilean author Isabel Allende. This book was her debut novel. The book is said to be based on the author’s own life. Most of the events occurring in the unnamed country of the book can be related to the same political issues Chile was facing at that time. The book narrates the story of the Trueba family and their continuous lives over four generations. It is a novel where love, politics, and magic is involved. The story is told from the points of view of Esteban Trueba and Alba Trueba, and includes elements of magical realism.... [tags: chile, esteban trueba and alba ]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Vampires, zombies, angels, demons, ghosts, and spirits all have one aspect in common: they make up a mysterious paranormal category known as the undead. Religions all across the world have their own beliefs and superstitions regarding the undead, whether they appear to be peaceful or violent, personable or removed, revered or feared (Mullen). Most common to the vast array of belief systems, angels find their place in countless religions from Christianity to Zoroastrianism (Mullen). Popular culture, religion, and science offer insight into the world of angels.... [tags: Bible, Christianity, New Testament, Religion]
704 words (2 pages)
- “Do ghosts really exist?” This question has always been unanswered. Usually the word paranormal conjures up the image of ghosts. TV shows like “Ghost Hunters” and “Paranormal Cops” investigate haunted houses and speak with ghosts. Although they take pictures and record voices of ghosts, doubt always occurs. Parapsychologist Brian Schill says, “Paranormal events/experiences happen to people more often than they would be comfortable knowing about it.”Researchers believe that a person’s mental health may possibly cause paranormal manifestations (Schill).... [tags: Haunted Houses, Technological Advances]
1311 words (3.7 pages)