A person who claims the doctrine of the Trinity is false because the word "Trinity" is not found in Scripture is as foolish as someone who claims 3½ inches, or, say, 5¼ centimeters do not exist because his ruler only shows whole numbers. The doctrine of the Trinity is presented in Scripture clearly enough for spiritual people to recognize, and solidly enough for unspiritual people to stumble over. (Hein, n.d.)
Having said that, the writer seems to share my judgment that a carnal minded person will never have an understanding of any of the unexplainable attributes that ...
... middle of paper ...
...tians today also need the remembrance of this truth, subsequently can be found in the word of God. The Bible tells us in Romans 8:34, that God is seated in heaven with his son Jesus sitting on his right hand. Some Christians who may lack the spiritual maturity they need to understand “No matter where we may go, God is there by His Spirit—invisible, often imperceptible, but inescapable” (Price, D, p. 4, n.d. ). The evidence of this can be seen in Psalm 139: “Whither shall I go from thy spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence?” (KJV). I conclude with author Dick Iverson’s words, he said “The name of The Holy Spirit is coupled with those of the Father and the Son” (1990, p. 3). The reference to this can be found in
2 Corinthians 13:14: “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.” (KJV)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One of the primary works of the Holy Spirit is to bring men and women into a meaningful encounter with the Risen Christ. Guided by His Spirit, we can truly discover Jesus Christ and develop a genuine relationship with Him if we respond with total surrender and generosity. Soon enough, Christ’s love becomes the center of our lives and saturates us with joy and peace. Hence, when we have had a personal encounter with Jesus Christ by the Spirit’s power, our greatest desire is that our loved ones may also enjoy a similar experience.... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, Holy Spirit, Trinity]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- The Release of the Spirit Brother Watchman Nee is the first recognized Chinese theologian in the west. His books were read by many western brothers and sisters. Yet in Chinese Christian circles, he is a disputed person. For those like him, he is a hero that no others can exceed. For those do not like him because of the controversies caused by his successor Mr. Witness Lee. Most of the Chinese Christians do not want to get involved into this minor issue. They regard Nee as a great theologian and Martyrdom, but do not read his books.... [tags: Jesus, Holy Spirit, Christianity]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- 1) Earthly application – It is the fear of the Lord that gives us true, overflowing life from God…true joy and peace…it flows from fearing the Lord 2) Eternal application - This is one of the proverbs that serves as somewhat of an equivalent to believing in the Lord Jesus that we read about in the New Testament. Fearing the Lord which leads to life could be Understood as "faith in Christ as Lord is a fountain of life…. #6: Peace and Satisfaction Proverbs 15:16 - The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, that one may turn away from the snares of death.... [tags: Bible, God, God in Christianity, Holy Spirit]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- Introduction Glory to God Church. It is great to be in the house of the Lord. Let Just take the moment to praise him right there because He has be so amazing. He have been better than I have been to myself. He desire honor because he is the head of my life. Thank you Dr. Huzinig for giving us the oppurinity to preach and thank classmates and friends for being here this afternoon I just was thinking about God faithfulness the other day. I took a mission trip to El Salvador with an amazing time to proclaim the Gospel.... [tags: Christianity, Holy Spirit, God, Love]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- At the time of Herod king of Judea, there was a priest named Zechariah and his wife Elizabeth. Both of them observed all the Lord’s commands. Elizabeth was not able to conceive so they were childless. When Zechariah was serving as priest before God, he was chosen to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense. When the time for the burning of incense came, an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. The angel said him not to be afraid and that his prayer has been heard.... [tags: Jesus, God, God in Christianity, Holy Spirit]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Who is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a person, and is one of the three in the trinity: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Spirit is the active person that came to reside within the followers of Jesus Christ after Jesus had been crucified on the cross, and rose from the dead. This is laid out in the prophetic words of Acts in the Bible, particularly during Peter’s Sermon at Pentecost in Acts 2:17, where it talks about God pouring out his Spirit on to all people and them learning through God’s to prophesy.... [tags: Holy Spirit, Jesus, Christianity, Trinity]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- ¶324.9d: How do you interpret the statement Jesus Christ is Lord. Serving as a local pastor has caused me to spend more time reflecting on the theology and doctrine of the hymns in our worship practices. I recently noticed that the statement Jesus Christ is Lord is reflected in the composition entitled “Crown Him with Many Crowns.” The hymn celebrates Jesus as the Lamb upon the throne who triumphs over death (UMH 327) (Revelation 19.12). According to the doctrine in The Apostles’ Creed, all authority in heaven and earth rests in Jesus as our Ascended Lord who died for us, who is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, who will one day return to judge the living and the dead, an... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, God, Holy Spirit]
1536 words (4.4 pages)
- ROLES OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FROM THE BOOKS OF LUKE AND ACTS Mark made a strong case for Luke and Acts being a joint work which focuses on the work of the Spirit in the life of Christ and then in the Christian. It is striking how many times Luke reports on the work of the Spirit. The structure behind Driscoll’s talk was to point out all the different things that the Holy Spirit does. We are to be filled with the Spirit also, and to love the Spirit “Filled with the Holy Spirit even from his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1) The angel said to Mary, “The Holy Spirit will overshadow .... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, Holy Spirit, John the Baptist]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- The Sin Against The Holy Spirit On the occasion of Jesus healing a man who was blind, dumb and possessed by a devil, the Scribes and Pharisees accused Him of using power from Beelzebub to work the miracle. (Matt. 12:22-24) The Lord said, “Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come” (Matt.... [tags: Jesus, God in Christianity, God, Holy Spirit]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- There are so many keys to peace in just these four scriptures alone. Imagine all the keys of peace throughout the Bible. I encourage you to research every scripture in the Bible on peace. It will set you free. We can see as we offer sacrifices of shouts and singing, our heads will lift above our enemies around us. When we give the Lord a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving, it honors Him. We make prophetic decrees to our enemies that God is bigger than he is. You are separating yourself from the enemies lies when you honor the Lord with a sacrifice.... [tags: God, Holy Spirit, Bible, Devil]
1437 words (4.1 pages)
- The Ethics Of Information And Browser History
- The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
- The Disease Process Of Coronary Artery Disease And Two Health Promotion Activities
- The Soviet Union And The Cold War
- Gender, By George Lamming And Mini Series Of The Past, Present And Future
- Analysis Of The Movie ' The Little Boy Looking Like A Fly '