He was standing on the floor next to the stage approximately 5 feet away from the students. He also had a presentation on the stage presenting key points on picture.
I don’t really like listening to black history information, but when I realize it was he who would deliver the speech, I was amazed a little because I have seen his work as an artist. He first connect his life with the students in today’s life. He was formal dress, with a polo shirt. He, then talks about the life of his past. As he speaking, I had image of his story in my head. He talks about how racist people use to be back then, and how things were not fair. He was talking to us, like he was talking one-to one with a person. He reaches us all. He did not just stand still or talk loud enough. He’s voice was powerful. It was like feeling the emotion in his voice while his telling us his story. He would choose a child and say something funny and then continue his story” an example. His facial expression told me how he was so confident and value what he is talking about. His body movement tells you that he f...
... middle of paper ...
...n Luther Kind had power and knowledge. He talked about how his character gave him respect. He compare and contract those who fight negatively , but died unknowing, But how Martin Luther King Fight for good and in a positive message that even some American antislavery activist came along and help with no shame. He talked about as students, there are way we talk and dress that people gives you more respect than someone who don’t dress formal. He talks about the dialect language we use and the message it said.
He ended with the education of today and how diversity take place, how people value diversity. The school as a whole focus on diversity. A class may have 4 black child, 8 Hispanic, 2 Chinese, 3 mixed child. All the classes had diversity. The school hallway demonstrated diversity. I was glad to come on that day and wish I could hear the same speech again.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Again with having to repeat the process of going to a new school. I wake up at 6:15AM and get dressed for my new day at school. It was a mild cloudy day which represented my mood that day. My mom drove me to my new school in the same Black SUV and it wasn’t a public institution. Trinity Episcopal started at 7:50AM and I remember walking across the campus in a sunflower skirt with a white see-through shirt and underneath it was a white tank top while wearing Maroon Doc Martens boots. While walking, I remember thinking to myself, “I don’t belong here!” “I want to go home!” I had absolutely no idea where I should even go but I noticed that everyone was headed towards the auditorium.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Elementary school]
1467 words (4.2 pages)
- There are numerous things students hate about high school. Actually, there were many things that I hated about my high school, De La Salle North Catholic. For instance, I hated the low student and teacher retention rate. I loathed being required to buy uniforms from a retailer that had limited plus size options. I especially despised how the administration treated their faculty and staff members like second class citizens. However, the building itself made much more of a positive impact on me than some of the negative people inside it did.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- I observed all together a total of 4 schools. I also observed some of the school’s classrooms more than once. One of my schools was Grand Prairie Elementary School district 157c. Another I observed grades through kindergarten, first, and second. The next school was Frankfort Park District preschool. Another was Lincoln Way Central High School district 210 were I was able to observe grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. Lastly I observed Haines Elementary School district 122. All the schools allowed me to observe and were friendly and kind.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Teacher]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- ). Elementary School: This school is now known as School 18,it is formerly known as Public School 18 or Ps18 located on Hoosick Street in Troy, New York. This small community school is part of the Troy City School District. Enrollment for 2015-16 is 290 students from Kindergarten through 5th grade. According to the New York State report card, 20% of the students at this school are considered proficient in English and math, and/or reading. This school is identified as a “School in Need” by New York State in ELA and math.... [tags: High school, Education, Primary school]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- From elementary to college, it took commitment and self-motivation not to take my past route. Difficult events in my adolescence made me respond to my frustrations through illegal activities, which I would eventually learn not to do. Clearly, I lacked education as a young man, when I committed awful deeds through peer pressure. Nevertheless, the National Guard and higher education have improved my life. Many losses have happened in my life that were out of my control, which contributed to not knowing myself.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Education]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- In Elementary School when I was learning how to read and write I experience what felt like the worst days of my childhood. I will never forget those days because I felt worthless and didn’t believe that I would make it through school. My first grade teacher at Fultondale Elementary School started noticing that it was difficult for me to read and write, so she pulled me aside from all the other students to see what I was doing wrong. As this continued I felt more and more like an outcast to my classmates.... [tags: High school, Education, Primary school, Teacher]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- In August 2003 the world that I have been previously become accustomed to changed forever. I no longer stayed home with my mom, where she took care of and played with me. This is when I started my educational career in kindergarten. Looking back, I did not actually do much learning. Kindergarden was more of a place that I went to for a few hours a day and got to hang out with at least twenty of my peers. As elementary school progressed, school got more difficult because we were no longer focusing on playing games and going out to recess, but rather learning to do math, write, read, and learn appropriate social behavior.... [tags: Education, High school, Middle school, College]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- Elementary School, kindergarten when you start to learn your abc’s and then you start to write stories. I always enjoyed writing small stories as a little child. I enjoyed when the teacher would always read to us and we would sit in a circle. Growing up I love writing stories, stories about my family, friends, fun adventures and so much more. Then as I started growing up and moving up grade levels, English became so much interesting. Throughout middle school, English became so interesting because I was always able to express myself through my writing.... [tags: Writing, High school, Essay, Creative writing]
703 words (2 pages)
- It all started in this elementary school called "Trust Elementary School". I was pretty young at that time and made little to no friend. I was a small and chubby kid and I don 't find much interest in talking to people. I mostly just listen to what 's going around in the classroom and follow what the teacher says. When the teacher tells me to read a book for an assignment, I just get right to it with no problem. Pretty much every work that I did at school is mostly on time. Whenever I had trouble with an assignment, I always wanted to ask the teacher for help but the only problem is, I don 't have the courage to do so.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Debut albums, Thing]
1712 words (4.9 pages)
- As a child I’ve always felt like an outcast because of the way I looked and behaved. No matter what I did I would receive dirty looks and hear people whisper nasty comments about me. I tried hard to blend in to try to feel and be accepted at my school, but no matter where I went people acted the same. There was a time when I had a new friend turn on me, I was followed home, and I was crowded around. In 5th grade, at Tobias elementary school, I always tried to befriend most of the new people because I knew how they felt when I was new.... [tags: Middle school, Elementary school, High school]
1809 words (5.2 pages)