Aileena really seems to show great skills in both the verbal and non-verbal areas. Her voice appears to be pleasant and expressive! She doesn’t really her anxiety show that she stated she has had since a kid in her speech. Her posture throughout the video seemed to be up to par, she doesn’t really move around too much without reason for doing such. She keeps eye contact with her audience throughout the speech fairly well I though. Verbally she really was proficient in all areas except where she once got stopped up and forgot what she needed to say once in the speech, I’d just say she should work on practicing her speech a little more before giving it. As for non-verbal, she does just as good of job. I would just try to contain my movements just a little bit when giving the next speech and only move when your getting what your saying, not so much the anxiety need to move.
I would honestly rate the speech about an 8 on a scale of 10. She really did a good jo...
... middle of paper ...
...use there is a lack of tone in my voice and volume of it needs to be just a little louder. My non- verbal qualities seem to just a little lacking too, I could have been more enthusiastic while giving the speech and not seemed so tired looking. I tend to be moving my hands too much too through out the speech. I need to try to focus more on the audience and not make so many unnecessary moves.
I would rate myself a 7 out of 10, because of my verbal and non- verbal issues that I demonstrated thought out the speech. I think my form was comfortable though. I clearly stated everything and retold them audience what I told them in the end. I tried to be personable with the audience, but I think I might have been a little more enthusiastic if I wouldn’t have been under the weather. I believe that we will all benefit from this class thought all become better public speakers!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “First I was dying to finish high school and start college. And then I was dying to finish college and start working. And then I was dying to marry and have children. And then I was dying for my children to grow old enough for school so I could return to work. And then I was dying to retire. And now, I am dying... and suddenly I realize I forgot to live.”-Bob Dylan. If we continue to dwell on the future we have wasted our past, if we don 't move on from the past we waste our future. But is it possible to live on without jeopardizing either one.... [tags: Future, Time, Present, Past]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- People often say they are “making” time. Every hour, though, contains the same number of minutes, every day the same number of hours, every month the same number of days, and so on. Things we don’t enjoy are always said to be too long, while enjoyable and pleasant experiences are too short, even though they may be the same length. It is easy to fall into a trap where you end up wasting time, like procrastinating, or worrying needlessly about things outside of your control. Time is an invaluable resource.... [tags: Present, Time, Future, Past]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- A Reflection on Life: It Goes On Sometimes life can be a little hectic, things may get entirely too difficult, and there will be people that may want to bring others down or see them fall. Gwendolyn Brooks’s poem, “A Speech to the Young,” is a refreshing reminder to simply stop worrying so much about negative people and to quit stressing over the future. She encourages her readers to just take life as it comes, and live in the present time. We could all use this kind of positivity that Brooks seems to be encouraging her readers to do throughout her poem.... [tags: Future, Time, Madrid Metro, Present]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- On January 17th of 2015 two men with rifles and various firearms went into the offices of the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris, bashing and shooting their way through the building they killed a total of 11 people and injured 11 more. after the incident the two men escaped. A vigorous search for the two suspects was issued and they were confronted by military and a shooting between the men and the military occurred, they entered a building belonging to a signage company and took hostages.... [tags: Freedom of speech, Censorship, Hate speech]
1067 words (3 pages)
- Reflection Paper Introduction The attention getter I chose was more of a life motto that I live by. It was to capture the thoughts of the audience to see if they could relate. In the years past, I have had to develop a way to overcome my obstacles. The overall effectiveness was mild since there was not a huge explanation to the picking of the quote. Two examples were provided to how a person can let fear hinder the future hurdles. Some suggestions I could give myself for the next presentation is to go more in detail with the attention getter for easier understanding of the audience.... [tags: Want, Need, Future, Better]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- “The past is not dead. It’s not even past” (Faulkner 1). Within in the pages of what is arguable his best-known book, acclaimed author William Faulkner penned this profound statement. Requiem for a Nun is, at its core an experiment with narrative technique. And much like Faulkner, writers and poets from ancient times used narrative technique in their stories to express the relationship between the past and future and the fluidity between the two. Three shining examples where writers expressed/showcased the relationship between the past and future are The Illiad by Homer, Pythian 4 by Pindar, and Plato’s Symposium.... [tags: homer, plato, narratological technique]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- Iran's Past and Future “Does this look like love?!” Janet yelled at her mother-in-law, shoving the dented gold bracelet towards her. Her mother in law didn’t notice; she was talking as well, “He even threatened me, saying that if I or anyone else asked him about his personal life, they wouldn’t be allowed to come to his house any more.” Neither woman was listening; Janet just kept talking, “Last week, I caught him burning his hand with a cigarette in the basement.” Both women were talking about Ben, Janet’s husband.... [tags: Iran Social Change History Essays]
4104 words (11.7 pages)
- Racism is the mistreatment of a group of people on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, place of origin, or ancestry. The term racism may also denote a blind and unreasoning hatred, envy, or prejudice (Dimensions of Racism). Racism has had a strong effect on society. Despite the many efforts made to alleviate racism, what is the future of African Americans' Racism's long history, important leaders, current status, and future outlook will be the main factors in determining how to combat racism.... [tags: Race Prejudice Black African American]
2883 words (8.2 pages)
- Before I begin, I would like to tender my thanks to all of the people who have come here tonight. I would also like to apologize for what may seem an unorthodox speech, but I feel so strongly, that I must speak. Part I In the community of Emery, there can be found a danger that may at first seem imperceptible. It is not a danger that is commonly thought of as a danger. It is not the type of danger that can threaten your life, wreck your house or run over poor Fifi. No, it is more of the ethereal type, the type of danger that waits until you have passed and then stabs you in the back.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1036 words (3 pages)
- Ladies, gentlemen, parents, friends, family, staff, fellow students: Instead of taking up more time and reading my speech, it is available to you at http://www.olen’s_speech.com. Thank you. No, just kidding. But seriously folks... Today we are gathered here to celebrate our graduation from 12 long years of schooling. The education granted to us has been a privilege. One so graciously given to us by the citizens of our state, by our community, and by our parents. Today would not be possible without them.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Britain 's Exam Boards Should Stop Writing Famous Women Out Of The School Curriculum
- Police Officers : The Supermen Of The Streets
- Red Bull 's Marketing Strategies
- Plato 's Allegory Of The Cave
- Sex As A Passionate Way Of Showing
- Analysis Of ' What We Need And Its ' Focus On Sin And The Consequences Of Sin