During the twentieth century space race space debris was beginning to be placed into Earth's orbit. This was subsequently done by humans, appropriately after the launch of Sputnik, the first satellite launched into space. On June 3, 1965, Astronaut Edward Higgins White II made his début space walk. While outside the spacecraft, White's spare thermal glove escaped and floated away. It escaped through an open hatch of the spacecraft. The glove became one of many objects listed as early space debris. Similarly, Astronaut Suni Williams lost a camera in space. While she was in Earth's orbit repairing features on the International Space Station, her unattached from space suit & drifted away into space.
The uncontrolled space junk is becoming a greater problem than before. As well as the continuous growth of space junk in Earth's orbit, NASA scientists are in fear of the occurrence of catastrophic collisions. In order to avoid being hit by space debris, scientist developed the collision avoidance technique. They are also looking for ways to remove the debris Earth's orbit. Most importantly, tracking these objects is key to solving all the problems.
The amount of space junk accumulates daily due to the high volume of...
... middle of paper ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Space debris: the accumulation and collection of trash left in orbit. Space debris is also referred to as space junk, space waste, orbital junk, orbital debris, and space trash. Space junk consists of nonfunctional satellites, old pieces of spacecraft, bits and pieces of booster rockets, lost equipment, and other pieces of garbage. The space debris travels all throughout Earth's orbit. During the twentieth century space race, space debris was beginning to be placed into Earth's orbit. This was subsequently done by humans, appropriately after the launch of Sputnik, the first satellite launched into space.... [tags: trash left in orbit, space debris]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- Space trash is any discarded object in space that is harmful to every living being on earth. Since the nineteen-fifties we have been launching items into space. With our hopes and dreams in hand we hoped for the best but that is not what happened at all. There are millions upon millions upon millions of space junk in space. Now there is no possible way to get rid of all the debris, but with the cooperation of all nations we can help to stop the spread of this debris once and for all. Space leaders are in danger of all the harmful objects we have put into space.... [tags: space junk, space exploration]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- Junk food is a favorite in this society. Fast food restaurants make it easier to grab food on the go. The greasier or sweeter food is the better. But junk food and sugary has caused many health problems. If there was a junk food tax, the government was target foods that contain partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, foods that the main source is salt, energy drinks, caffeinated beverages and foods, and soft drinks with high sugar content.(Todorova, Elena 1.1-1.4) I believe adding taxes to junk food could help the decrease many health problem, but I will do more research before I make a decision.... [tags: Nutrition, Junk food, Food, Tax]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- Letting Go of Junk Food As many people lead busy lives, the immediate availability of such things as fast food, or junk food, have led most to seek convenience in food rather than emphasizing nourishment. The “on-the-go” attitude towards food that many people readily defend as being cheaper and more convenient has allowed us to become self-enablers to unhealthy habits. A large majority of the popular arguments for eating fast food or junk food are merely excuses to knowingly consume unhealthy food.... [tags: Nutrition, Cooking, Food, Junk food]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- Unhealthy Eating. What is junk food you might ask. Well it is food that lacks nutritional value and frequently high in calories, sugar, or fat. Junk food is also more convenient and takes little to no time to prepare. When you mix unhealthy eating with junk food together you get one of America’s most leading causes of death today, and surprisingly not only in children but in adults as well. Americans think a good healthy meal is a greasy double cheese burger with a medium fry and a large diet coke on the side.... [tags: Nutrition, Junk food, Food, Obesity]
1058 words (3 pages)
- A professional cook and award-winning cookbook author, Mark Bittman, in his article, “Is Junk Food Really Cheaper?”, which was published by the New York Times, he discusses and persuades his readers to cook a meal is indeed cheaper than buying fast food. Bittman purpose of this article is to explain the advantages of cooking at home and “the truth behind fast food”, such as it is not healthier and it is more expensive. The author does that by using logos, pathos, and ethos to help create an aggressive tone and support his claims that fast food is not good for you.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Cooking, Junk food]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- The essay Junking Junk Food by Judith Warner, brings to the audience 's attention the wicked problem of how there has been a decline in Americans health. Warner’s information speaks loudly about the effects of the government trying to limit types and amount of food we consume as a nation. The Obama administration tried to enforce a healthy lifestyle among the citizens by focusing on the youth and taking away sugar options for them. These efforts by the administration are being mocked by Warner because without the government controlling what we eat, we cannot make the proper decisions ourselves.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Junk food, Health]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Bad Eating Junk food is what we are calling the new normal way of eating today. Most families live in a food desert. Once that was not the case when most families like yours and mine had home cooked meals all the time. Most mothers in those days stayed at home, but now times have changed. When teaching kids how to eat a plethora of various colors of healthy foods, we are teaching them proper nutrition and how to be successful as they 're growing up. This does not mean that they are poor and or low income, it mostly depends on what part of town they are living in and how far a distance to a local grocery store or a mega grocery store that must travel.... [tags: Nutrition, Cooking, Junk food, Supermarket]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- Space travel has a variety of benefits that are both direct and indirect. The main goals of space travel will help us have a more in depth understanding of the universe, learn more about our own planet and potentially slow global warming by finding another habitable place or harnessing outside resources. However, there are also benefits in that the technology we develop to get to space in turn could provide more sustainable energy, better consumer products and even increased global communication.... [tags: International Space Station, Space exploration]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- It is 9oclock at night, you went to school from 8am to 12pm and then you went to work from 1pm to 9pm what is the first thing on your mind; cooking, homework, McDonalds or what about just sleep. This is an average day for me every day and the only thing I think about is getting my shoes off and just sitting down to relax. I don’t feel like standing over a stove or making anything my first thought is the drive thru for a fast and easy meal. The time is takes to go grocery shopping compared to sitting in my car and waiting for my food to be handed to me is a big difference.... [tags: Essays on Junk Food 2014]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- Compare Two Articles in Terms of Their Use of Conversation Analysis
- Bollywood Industry
- From Octavian to Augustus: The Death of the Republic and the Rise of the Principate
- Marx, Keynes, Hayek and Friedman: The Power of Ideas
- What Causes Serial Killers To Kill?
- The Consequences of Prostitution in China