Space exploration can be dated back to the age of European Renaissance, a historic age when arts and cultural transformation began. It was the same era when there gradual but widespread transition in educational reforms. Since then the flourishing art and science of stars and planets transformed in to the minute details of comets and meteors. The study, which started as the fundamental physical laws, governing the motions of planets around the sun, gave a great insight of not just our planet earth but also of millions of galaxies, which exist, in the world beyond us.
Though much advancement has been made in this regard, there is so much yet unrevealed. The question of concern is whether it is worth investing in space exploration or is it a simple waste of tax-payers money? The objective is to answer this question by providing enough evidence to support the U.S. Federal government’s space exploration program. This paper will dwell on the many reasons as to why U.S. Federal government support of space exploration is not the most effective way to engage in scientific discovery. We intend to prove that there are other, more efficient ways to engage in scientific discovery rather than space exploration. Through the analysis of arguments for and against this cause, towards the end, I will give a conclusion not based on my own opinions but on the authenticity and credibility of the arguments.
Arguments For Space Exploration
As said by Frank Borman “Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit.” Until human beings explore and find out what is beyond, there is seldom satisfaction on part of them....
... middle of paper ...
The Benefits of Space Exploration/ http://socyberty.com/author/Quovodus/Quovodus (September 14, 2008) The positives for the people of the United States to use our resources to further the exploration of space. Retrieved February 25, 2010
ScienceFair/ NASA Unveils First Space Images From WISE Telescope(2010) Retrieved February 25, 2010
Coalition for Space Exploration/The Benefits of Space Exploration(2010) Retrieved February 25, 2010
BNet/Sun seekers: advances in space exploration technology could herald the answer to the global energy crisis and the search for emission-free sources to replace fossil fuels. Helen Knight and Jon Excell report. February 24 2010. Retrieved February 25, 2010.
Technology Transfer Programme/ Pierre Brisson. Retreived February 25, 2010
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Faced with the potential opportunity to continue my research into space exploration, it is time for me to prove myself worthy of this grant in order to pursue answers to my very real questions. As a superior researcher, I find that I am most deserving of the chance to be funded to travel back in time and see firsthand what the reaction of the public was to the early space missions, among other possible uses of the trip. Your funding of this mission could be critical in finding out why a large percentage of the population sees space exploration as a “waste of money.” Upon learning why this may be, the information could allow me to help create a more effective space program that has the full s... [tags: Space exploration, NASA]
1562 words (4.5 pages)
- The production of waste shows an upward trends in recent years because of the development of economy, the increase of single-person households and the change of the waste resource. Eurostat (2015) shows that waste generation by economic activity and households around 28 contries in EU was 2,514,220,000 tonnes. The amount of waste be generated will over the nature assimilative capacity and will have significant negative external cost. Waste management policies is been used to decide how to control, use and disposal waste.... [tags: Recycling, Waste management, Waste, Pollution]
1315 words (3.8 pages)
- Numerous politicians are in favor of reforming the United States tax system to consumption tax. Our basic tax system is tax that the government imposes on all working individuals including businesses. Per law, all workforce women, men, and young adults are required to file an income tax return every year; this can dedicate if they owe any taxes or may be eligible to receive a refund. To determine such taxes owe or refunds, the government utilized a progressive tax system, which higher income earner pays a higher tax rate compared to those who earn a lower less.... [tags: Tax, Income tax, Progressive tax]
1479 words (4.2 pages)
- Apalis The problems with waste management today are that too many people are throwing things away and not recycling them. 55% of recyclables end up in landfills each year. 33% ends up getting recycled, and 12% ends up in incinerators. To reduce the amount of waste in the city, the people will follow the 4 R’s of waste management. The 4 R’s of waste management are reduction, reuse, recycling, and rethinking. To remove the large amount of waste, the people will reduce the amount of trash they have.... [tags: Recycling, Waste management, Waste]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- Regressive tax is a tax that is applied uniformly, yet takes a larger percentage of low-income individual 's income and lower percentage of individuals with higher income. Taxes that are regressive include taxes such as gasoline tax and sales tax applied to essentials. If sales tax is a uniform 7% individuals with less income spend a higher percentage of their total income on the tax than individuals with a higher income. Progressive tax is the opposite of the regressive tax. Progressive tax is income tax that takes a higher percentage of the overall income from individuals with high-income than low-income individuals.... [tags: Tax, Income tax, Regressive tax]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” (Benjamin Franklin). For the first time, I heard this phrase from my high school teacher in economic classes and I thought it just impressive quote from a famous person, but when I study for bachelor degree I truly understand how taxes important to human society. At Thammasat University, tax study broadened my perspectives in each Thailand’s tax type and fostered my strong determination to become a tax practitioner. Studying the Taxation course has changed my life.... [tags: Tax, Progressive tax, Taxation, Tax haven]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- “In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” (Benjamin Franklin). For the first time, I heard this phrase from my high school teacher in economic classes and I thought it just impressive quote from a famous person, but when I study for bachelor degree I truly understand how taxes important to human society. At Thammasat University, tax study broadened my perspectives in each Thailand’s tax type and fostered my strong determination to become a tax practitioner. Studying the Taxation course has changed my life.... [tags: Tax, Progressive tax, Taxation, Tax haven]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- When comparing the amount of revenue of Texas, Tennessee and Utah and the type of taxes they charged, there is something that needs to be taken in consideration, and it is that the states differ in size and also in the amount of population, besides that the state of Texas lack of income tax revenue. According to the data obtain from the United States Census Bureau; the state of Texas received the amount of $ 24,500,909 in sales tax revenue in the year 2012, Tennessee $6,512,352, and Utah $1,857,055.... [tags: tax revenue comparison]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction The Value Added Tax(VAT) is a kind of consumption tax which mainly imposed on the value added to a product, material or service. The first country to have a value added tax is France in 1954. Since then, over 170 countries adopted the VAT as an important part of their government revenue system. VAT is almost imposed on the valued added of both the business activities and different business stages. That is, VAT links the whole business together, anyone in the business activities cannot avoid paying a VAT.... [tags: consumption tax, revenue system, China, economy]
2310 words (6.6 pages)
- To Tax or Not to Tax. Since the recent passage of the Internet Tax Freedom Act, on October 21, 1998, making the Internet tax free, there has been an intense debate on whether to tax or not to tax Internet purchases. The conservative side, also known as the Republicans, is opposed to Internet taxation saying that it is too costly to collect taxes on Internet purchases. They also believe that since Internet retailers do not have a physical presence in every state, why should the state receive sales tax on a nonexistent store in that state.... [tags: Internet Tax Taxation Papers]
1942 words (5.5 pages)