John Lennon, singer and songwriter, was born on October 9, 1940 and was assassinated on December 9, 1980. Although he passed away very young, Lennon was known as a legend. His music had left an impact on the whole world. People from different countries knew and loved Lennon’s music especially his song Imagine. Written in 1971, the song became a big success. Imagine was known to have a strong political message. It was a song that was heard and interpreted throughout the whole world. Many people to this day believe this song is a cry out to communism. However, the song is a simpler than the interpretation of communism. Throughout Lennon’s lyrics, the audience receives a message of peace and happiness.
If one took a trip throughout history, one would find different eras such as the Roaring Twenties and Industrial Revolution. The sixties was a time of political and social upheaval. During the sixties, a band known as The Beatles became very popular. Lennon was a part of this widely known band for about twelve years. The Beatles split up with the confrontation of the wives of John Lenno...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- "I hope some day you will join us, and the world will live as one" Simplicity combines with deep meaning when John Lennon expresses his thoughts in his song "Imagine." This song was a huge hit in the 70’s, the time in which the Vietnam War was occurring. John Lennon’s “Imagine”, was a protest song that questions the morality of war, shows anti-war statements and emphasizes the importance of world peace. In America, every civilian has the Freedom of Speech. For this, artists have every right to compose a protest song.... [tags: Music, The Beatles, Lyrics, Deep Meaning]
1407 words (4 pages)
- EXAMPLE #4: Name of Music Example or Song: The song is called Imagine by John Lennon. URL or location or CD Track No: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhq-yO1KN8 1. Do you hear any musical instruments playing. If so, does it sound like one instrument alone, several instruments, or a large group of instruments (like a band or an orchestra). a. Yes, I hear one instrument playing which is the piano. 2. Do you hear a singer. If so, is it just one singer alone or a group of singers. What is the voice type (male or female).... [tags: Musical instrument, Music, Sound, Hearing]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- John Lennon the Legend When people think of the Beatles, Paul or Ringo-Starr may come to mind first. Not the reckless bad boy John Lennon. Not John Lennon the devoted husband nor John Lennon the peace activist. From Lennons rough start at life. To his rocky but quick rise he had all the makings of a rock and roll God. Lennon’s life is the true underdog story, his humbled childhood, controversial love story, quick rise to fame while making and leading in the greatest band of all time, to his tragic end, Lennon truly is a legend.... [tags: John Lennon, Yoko Ono, The Beatles]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- Rhetorical Analysis of "Imagine" by John Lennon "Imagine there 's no heaven, it 's easy if you try," (John Lennon, Imagine). The first line of one of the most sensational, emotion filled songs causes the listener to think. This song is considered one of the most beautiful and meaningful pieces to the world. John Lennon, singer, songwriter, and co-founder of the Beatles, is remembered as a leader in efforts to reach world of love. Although murdered in 1980, his music is still relevant today. His songs described a world without war and he hoped for reconciliation.... [tags: John Lennon, Yoko Ono, Give Peace a Chance]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- John Lennon, the Romantic Imagine. The word in and of itself leads one to far off places beyond reality, surreal places that envelope the mind. Imagination was the component lacking in the music industry until the 1800’s, the Romantic era. This era created the illusion of freedom and a demand for a fresh interpretation of humanity and nature (Wold et al 243). John Lennon was the leader of this interpretation. As a master lyricist, John incorporated a musical style that embraced a nation. In every element of the word, romantic, the non-conformist Lennon made it a priority to develop the spirit of individualism.... [tags: Music Analysis ]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- John Lennon is remembered screeching out the lyrics and jangling the heavily amplified guitar of the classic Beatles' song, "Revolution" and people who have heard it can familiarize with the actual word, meaning big change. In a way, the Beatles did revolutionize rock and roll, and since their heyday, rock music changed forever. Like John Lennon, recognizable people in history are remembered well for the revolutionary ideas, thoughts, and/or intelligence that impacted lives and allows us to read about them and remember them as historical giants in which methods of thought and procedure evolved over time as well as shaped the way we humans live today.... [tags: John Lennon Essays]
709 words (2 pages)
- I like music. Whenever I listen to my favorite music, I feel good. My favorite musician is John Lennon. I have reasons why I like him and why I choose John Lennon as famous person. I like songs of John Lennon because of his song is kind and beautiful. In addition to we always impressed with his songs. I consider that John Lennon was one of the best musician in history because of his songs had a lot of influence on us. Everybody knows John Lennon regardless of the generation gap. John Winston Lennon was born October 9,1940 in Liverpool England.... [tags: essays research papers]
383 words (1.1 pages)
- John Lennon John Lennon was a great song writer and musician. He played the rhythm guitar, the piano, and sang. He was in the most popular group in the history of rock music. In 1959, John founded this group, called The Beatles. The original Beatles were John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Pete Best. Brian Epstein became the manager of the Beatles in 1961. Epstein made many changes in the group. John rebelled and did not want to "package" and "clean up" the group in order to please fans.... [tags: essays research papers]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- John Lennon was born on October 9th 1940 in Liverpool, England 1. His father left the family to sail the seas before Lennon’s earliest childhood memory and his mother was taken away by a car accident when he was 18 2. A year after his mother’s death, the Vietnam War took place, which is The United State’s longest military dispute ever. The world famous band, The Beatles, debut on 1961 not long after the start of the war and through this band, Lennon was able to demonstrate his feelings to the people across the world.... [tags: Philosophy]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- John Lennon Lennon was born in 1940 during the Nazi bombing of Britain and given the middle name Winston, after Prime Minister Churchill. Knowing firsthand the horror of a world at war and living through the era of Vietnam's senseless carnage as well, Lennon came to embrace and embody pacifism via such classics of the Beatles era as "All You Need Is Love" and "Strawberry Fields Forever." Yet he also had a countervailing dark side that found expression in pained outcries that dated as far back as "Help." This unvarnished aspect of the Lennon persona reached a fevered pitch with the drug-withdrawal blues of "Cold Turkey," a 1969 single released under... [tags: essays research papers]
644 words (1.8 pages)