There are several solutions for the Islamic banking, IT security and ethics in where their practices should not contradict with the teaching of al-Quran but at the same time implement the technology to improve banking service to the society. Below are the solutions that might be suitable for the banking services to implement Islamic ethics in the business and their security perspectives.
What you should do and don’t during practices ethics and security in banking:
Do not use Other People's Computer Resources without Authorization.
Shalt Think About The Social Consequences Of The Program You Are Writing Or The System You Are Designing.
Shalt Not Interfere With Other People's Computer Work.
Protecting that Which is Yours
Equity participation, risk and profit-and-loss sharing arrangements from the basis of Islamic financing.
Bank on interest (riba), an Islamic bank cannot charge any fixed return in advance, but rather participates in the yield resulting from the use of funds.
Interest-free banking is based on the Islamic legal concepts of shirkah (partnership) and mudaraba (profit-sharing)
Always be aware of people who have physical access to your computer. The casual use of your laptop by a person you trust going to a dangerous site or opening a suspicious email, can blow your system out of the water.
Protect your computer when you are not using it. Disconnect your computer from the Internet when you are not using it. Carefully consider your security settings. Examine all system settings, particularly the security settings, and select options that decrease your risk of data loss or intrusion.
Back up your data. Protect your backups. When you make your data backups,...
... middle of paper ...
...on, the security controls used to protect it, and the communication channels used to access it must be functioning correctly. It is also important for authenticity to validate that both parties involved are who they claim to be. Information technology has been reshaping how the world communicates.
Evidence of the eagerness on the part of some Muslims to embrace such technology includes the spread of Islamic sites on the internet, some of which are dedicated to Islamic education and broadcast, while others are more of a commercial or entertainment nature. The relationship between information technology ethics and Islam has received very little or no attention. Ethics is defined as the study of what constitutes right or wrong behaviour. It is a branch of philosophy that focuses on moral values. Moral codes must follow the Islamic principles-al-Qur’an and as-Sunnah.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- From the macro/micro perspective, the world of the electron, despite its extraordinarily minuscule size, is the foundation of society. Computers have not only brought us electronic shopping, email, and online banking, but now control our cars, how we board a plane, our MP3 players, and almost every other aspect of our lives. With any great advancement in civilization, there are always those souls who seek to capitalize on the misfortune of others by finding some way to exploit a weakness in the newest technology available; the computer industry is no exception.... [tags: Ethics ]
2683 words (7.7 pages)
- External Security Risks associated with Internet Banking In recent years, Internet banking, namely, online banking means the transitions of banking activities including checking account information and payment of bills through a website (Chavan ,2013, cited Singhal and Padhmanbhan, 2008; Ahasanul et al, 2009), is popular in the world. According to Abdou (2014), in the UK, the number of online banking users has increased from 63% to 70% between 2011 and 2012. Online banking is beneficial for consumers to monitor their account information (Hettiarachchi, 2014), and saves time to transferring funds (Lichtenstein and Williamson, 2006).... [tags: Bank, Online banking, Computer security]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Discuss how administrative agencies like the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) take action in order to be effective in preventing high-risk gambles in securities / banking, a foundation of the economy. JPMorgan Chase is one of the oldest industries financial firms in the United States. It is the head in financial business with an asset of $2.3 trillion, and the largest market capitalization and deposit base of any U.S. banking institution.... [tags: bank, economy, security]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- This research paper looks at the issues today surrounding identity theft and consumer fraud in the banking industry. It looks at how biometrics, or fingerprint recognition specifically, can help strengthen the security that banks provide for the safeguarding of the personal information of their customers. Because of banks being targets both online and offline for identity theft and consumer fraud, this paper discusses how business is done today and how their security may be enhanced with the implementation of fingerprint recognition software.... [tags: Technology, Innovation, Security]
1930 words (5.5 pages)
- It is 2:15 a.m., and you have just finished creating a paper for your English class. Your eyelids are drooping, so you decide you will drag yourself to bed for a few hours of sleep. You no more than fall asleep (it feels) and your alarm clocks goes off. It is 7:00 a.m. and you think, "I'll just lay here for five more minutes." Next thing you know, it is 7:45 a.m., you are just getting up, and you have class at 8:00 a.m. You rush around and make it to school on time, but realize that you forgot to do your physics and calculus homework because you were so focused on your English paper.... [tags: Ethics ]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- Question 1 With an eye to cut the costs and to focus on the basic services banks are repeatedly outsourcing their final financial service work to the third parties, which are at times located outside of the country, to execute operations on a regular basis that would usually be carried out by the bank itself. Any financial institution outsourcing its activities does bear certain risks, which must be alleviated by a regulatory body such as the central bank. The central bank is the uppermost monetary institution, which has been specially given an official authority to perform control across the banking system of the country.... [tags: Threats, Hackers, Outsourcing]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- Security, Software, and Ethics Introduction Every day, we use computer software to perform everyday tasks. These can range from sending e-mail, balancing your checkbook, web browsing, shopping and much more. Most people don't stop to think about the security of the software that we use on a daily basis. Users are more concerned about getting their work done, and security is little more than an afterthought. Security is a very important and often overlooked aspect of software development. Security is used to authenticate users, manage access to resources, and to ensure that data hasn't been compromised.... [tags: Software Computers Ethics Morals Essays]
4406 words (12.6 pages)
- Marketing in Banking Marketing approach in banking sector had taken significance after 1950 in western countries and then after 1980 in Turkey. New banking perceptiveness oriented toward market had influenced banks to create new market. Banks had started to perform marketing and planning techniques in banking in order to be able to offer their new services efficiently.... [tags: Finance Banking Sector Marketing Business]
1826 words (5.2 pages)
- Internet Banking In the days of virtualisation where working mothers and travelling sales-team prefer to use flexi-time and remote jobs profile; Internet is being adopted as a parallel medium of communication, transaction, and social networking. Internet banking is fast gaining momentum across the globe for its convenience and ease of conducting transactions at a speed and service levels never dreamt of, a decade ago. In-spite of its multiple advantages, there is a need to step back and re-think on perceptions it carries with the masses.... [tags: Internet Global Finance Banking]
1396 words (4 pages)
- Would E-Banking really be the right route to take in achieving success in the future. This report lays out concrete facts and unique opinions that will help you understand and determine what the right decision for your business is. This report covers the development of internet banking in the UK, the importance of System Development and Analysis, a report on the current student banking market, discussing the fundamentals of present laws and legislations and finally the value of protecting yourself, but most importantly, your customers with relevant security issues.... [tags: Internet Banking Research Paper Analysis]
1648 words (4.7 pages)
- Chivalric Identity of Medieval Knighthood
- American Individualism in The Yellow Wallpaper, by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- American Individualism in The Yellow Wallpaper, The Masque of the Red Death. The Raven, and For Some Wiccans
- American Individualism in Charlotte Perkins Gilman’s The Yellow Wallpaper and The Raven, by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Army's Talking Points Controversy
- Cystic Fibrosis Presentation