Since I came to the US I did my best to adjust to the new environment, learn the language and finish high school. When I started taking classes at Highline College and after being introduced on what the computer science field...
... middle of paper ...
...ompany like Facebook or Google, because they are one of a few companies that are working on big projects like connecting the rest of the world where they don 't have access to Internet or self driving cars making safer roads.
I know UW Tacoma is the right institution for me to expand and develop my skills to become a software developer. I know is a well paid career but money isn 't everything I am interested in. Programming is something I enjoy doing and have a passion for because it allows me to create things that are useful to other people. I want to inspire the youth to create and reinvent. In two more years when I graduate I want to thank my dad and mom for their support and efforts that they have put into raising me up, to let them know that it has finally paid off. And once again tell my mom with my degree in hand: "I never imagined to get all the way here".
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many people think that solitary confinement is torture and inhumane, but is it necessary. Solitary confinement is a form of punishment, to help guards keep prisoners in line and under control. Prisoners are kept in a small cell without a window for several days depending on their behavior. They are isolated by themselves for the majority of the day, and have no interaction with other people. Solitary confinement, also known as the shoe, has been around for several . It has been banned in other countries around the world, and many people are trying to do the same here in the United States.... [tags: Prison, Punishment, Solitary confinement]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Solitary Confinement is a type of isolation in prison which a prisoner is segregated from the general population of the prison and any human contact besides the prison employees. These prisons are separated from the general population to protect others and themselves from hurting anyone in the prison. These prisoners are deprived of social interaction, treatments, psychologist, family visits, education, job training, work, religious programming and many other services prisoners might need during the sentence of their imprisonment.... [tags: Prison, Solitary confinement, Supermax]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- Within the book picking cotton, the alleged rapist Ronald Cotton is sentenced to life in prison and 55 years. During his sentence he finds himself being placed in solitary confinement, and while there Ron finds the experience rather beneficial as he explains that being in there presented him with the chance to meditate and reflect. Now there are many rumors about the infamous solitary confinement. These rumors debate whether or not it helps prisoners, allowing them to spend the time as Ronald Cotton as seen it, as an opportunity to self-reflect, or if it is a cruel and unusual punishment due to the drastic effects it has on convicts.... [tags: Prison, Human rights, Solitary confinement]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Imagine. You are alone with your thoughts. There is nothing that can separate you from their unpredictable horrors because you spend 23 hours a day completely alone. In silence you wait, desperate for a chance to leave the four-walled, concrete cell you now call home. These are the conditions of solitary confinement that are still in widespread use throughout America today. Although solitary confinement may seem like the safest way to protect other prisoners, guards and even the inmate himself, it is an inhumane and cruel punishment and it has the opposite effect of what prisons are intended for.... [tags: Prison, Torture, Solitary confinement, Punishment]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Solitary confinement ranks as one of the most controversial forms of governmental punishment. The controversy regards the constitutionality, or in other terms the humaneness of prolonged isolation. The justice system regards prisoners who are assigned solitary confinement as potentially too dangerous to be permitted any form of interaction with other inmates or prison guards. Solitary confinement is the isolation of a prisoner in a small, artificially lit cell that is generally about eight by four feet in dimension.... [tags: Prison, Solitary confinement]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- 1. WHAT IS A SOFTWARE. Programs are set of instructions and software is set of programs that enable a computer to perform specific tasks. There are two kinds of software one is application software another is system software. Application software- these are the software designed for the user side. System software- software like operating system are called system software. Following report is focused on application software. We will be demonstrating the testing on application software. Software designed for e-learning.... [tags: Software testing, Integration testing]
5240 words (15 pages)
- A ballad written by William Wordsworth in iambic tetrameter, “The Solitary Reaper” contains four eight-line stanzas. Having a rhyme scheme of ababccdd, the poem describes first hand how the singing of a Scottish Highlands girl in the field witnessed by the English Romantic poet dazzles and emotionally moves him. Having visited the Scottish highlands, mountainous regions, with his sister Dorothy and fellow poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge in 1803 (Lancashire), Wordsworth recollects in his poem the common sight of working solitary reapers in Scotland.... [tags: Poetry]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- A help desk is a resource that a majority of companies use today. Help desks are designed to provide users with information and assistance for technical support of hardware or software. Many help desks involve a support person working to assist customers to solve a problem directly or forward the problem to someone else. Often, services are provided by call centers or over the Internet. This paper will review three help desk software packages: Aegis Service Desk, which is local software, CRMdesk, which is remotely hosted, and, ReadyDesk which is completely web based. Local help desk software is software that requires local in... [tags: Technology Software]
1393 words (4 pages)
- Software Piracy Software piracy is the copying and reselling of software without the consent of the software creator. It is the copying and reuse of software by large corporations. It is copying software and distributing it on the Web. A country with maybe the biggest software piracy problem is China. In 1994, software piracy was 97% in China.1 In 1999 the rate was still 91%. 2 Software piracy is a huge problem in China. Only Vietnam has a higher piracy rate than China. Stopping the software piracy problem in China will be very difficult.... [tags: China Software Piracy Papers]
2347 words (6.7 pages)
- SOFTWARE A set of instructions that directs a computer's hardware to perform a task is called a program, or software program. Software comprises the entire set of programs, procedures, and routines associated with the operation of a computer system. The two main types of software are system software and application software. System software controls a computer's internal functioning, chiefly through an operating system , and also controls such peripherals as monitors, printers, and storage devices.... [tags: Computer Technology Software]
1664 words (4.8 pages)