It is the collection of tools, including machinery, modifications, arrangements and procedures.
Examples: information technology, construction engineering and medical engineering
Software development life cycle
The software development life cycle is also known as software development performance. SDLC is a structure which is compulsory for development of software products.
It is a popular iterative and incremental software development process framework. The best-known and extensively documented refinement of the Unified Process. Unified process can be applied to different software organizations with different degrees of technical and managerial complexity across various areas and organizational cultures. UP is also referred to as the unified software development process.
• The Business Modeling discipline focuses on understanding business being automated by the system and capturing such knowledge in a Business model.
• The Requirements discipline focuses on understanding the requisites of the system that automates the business and capturing such knowledge in a Use-case example.
• The Analysis & Design discipline focuses on wearing down the requirements and planning the system and capturing such knowledge in an Analysis/Design model.
• The Implementation discipline focuses on enforcing the scheme grounded in the Implementation model.
• The Test discipline focuses on testing the system against the requirements based on the Test model.
• The Deployment discipline focuses on deploying the system based on the Deployment model.
The term system architecture describes the structure, interaction, and technology of computer system components. Most of the systems architecture w...
... middle of paper ...
...data, are represented in modern computers as strings of binary digits, or bits. Bits are used because 0 and 1 can be encoded in clearly recognizable electrical states, such as high and low voltage. A handful of primitive data types is represented and treated by a CPU, including integers, real numbers, types, Boolean values, and memory addresses.
In conclusion, the exploration of the different ways data is represented in modern computers, focusing particularly on the relationship between data representation and the CPU. The introduction of basic concepts and terminology of systems architecture and the understanding of the same helps in the foundation for the in depth knowledge of the hardware implementations of data processing, storage, and communication.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abstract Early detection of faults in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) can significantly reduce the cost and shorten the time to deliver a certain product to market. Requirement based testing involves using requirement as the basis for generating test cases. This paper present a systematic review of requirement based testing exploring the hidden capabilities and challenges of the research that has been accomplished over the years. The study attempts to reveal the facts about Requirement based test case generation and presents critical evaluation of the proposed methods by researchers.... [tags: Software]
3238 words (9.3 pages)
- Software Development Life Cycle: Insource vs Outsource After hearing the hype and realizing the alluring advantages of outsourcing, many companies are weighing the options of outsourcing vs insourcing when developing a software application. Software development requires intricate planning, skilled implementation, and thorough testing. Understanding the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is important in order to track project progress throughout the software development whether this task remains in house or is outsourced overseas.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Using Software Development Life Cycle at GM Wilmington Assembly Abstract The Software Development Life Cycle is seldom used at my place of work. Unfortunately, recent developments in its use are deemed confidential. Due to this fact, this paper will examine in general terms one of the projects we are undertaking right now while at the same time attempting to maintain our confidentiality. The project that will be examined is an upgrade to our main Human-Machine Interface (HMI) software: Cimplicity, to SQL Server and to the Windows OS.... [tags: Software Development]
1416 words (4 pages)
- Computer system plays an important role in solving human problem in their daily life. There are standard steps in order to develop information system called System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). SDLC is the framework available to build a complete system. There are five phases in SDLC which are planning, analysis, design, coding, testing and maintenance (refer to Figure 1 in Appendix 1). The first phase in SDLC is planning. In this phase, the potential system development project is identified. Project manager summarizes all strength and weakness that possible to occur using their professional skills (Hoffer, George, & Valacich, 2008).... [tags: Information Systems, Software]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- What is the waterfall methodology. According to several software engineering sites, the waterfall methodology is also known as the linear-sequential life cycle model and also known as the traditional approach to software development. The waterfall model is as follows: Requirement of gathering and analysis, flowing down to, System design, then flowing down to Implementation, followed by Testing, and then Deployment of the system, and the final phase of Maintenance. The idea of the waterfall approach is that once a phase is completed, the process continues to move down the chain until all of the phases are completed and there is a product to deliver; the method is unidirectional.... [tags: Agile software development, Waterfall model]
1848 words (5.3 pages)
- The contemporary world is indeed an information society. Computer technologies pervade virtually all aspects of human life today: at home, in hospitals, at school, in the office, or in the industries. More and more novel technologies continue to be added on the already existing ones. While the technological aspects are important, the human factors in the development of the software sued in these technologies have been overlooked. Human factors are an essential aspect of the software development process in order to ensure user safety, and ease of use.... [tags: Human-centered Software]
2676 words (7.6 pages)
- 1.1 Overview Software has become critical to advancement in almost all areas of human endeavor. The art of programming only is no longer sufficient to construct large programs. There are serious problems in the cost, timeliness, maintenance and quality of many software products. Software Engineering has the objective of solving these problems by producing good quality, maintainable software, on time, within budget. To achieve this objective, we have to focus in a disciplined manner on both the quality of the product and on the process used to develop the product.... [tags: Software engineering]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Title : The Role of Requirement Engineering in Software Development Life Cycle Author : A. Chakraborty, 2M. Kanti Baowaly, 3 A. Arefin, 4 A. N. Bahar Article summary There is a great importance given to the requirement engineering stage in the SDLC(Software Requirement Life Cycle). It is the backbone which governs all the subsequent processes. Further post requirement defects would largely contribute to the failure of projects, exponentially increased cost etc. In this phase the mission needs and user requirements are received from the client and they would be converted to operational requirements and subsequently to System requirements.... [tags: SDLC, VORD method, software engineering]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- I am Koteswara Rao Chandra, doing MS (CIS) in California University of Management and Sciences – San Diego. Before starting MS in calums, I worked as Assistant Software Engineer in Choice Software Ltd – Hyderabad, India for 18 months. I worked on MSBI (Microsoft Business Intelligence) and Java technologies. Choice Software Limited is a premier global Information Technology industry-focused Implementation and outsourcing Services Provider with an exceptional track record of providing high quality, on-budget, and on-time solutions to demanding clients.... [tags: Software development process, Waterfall model]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Information technology has been fast growing and becoming vital issue in daily lives. It is applied in almost every field in order to make the processes easier and simpler. Lots of software available for the user to install on the computer to perform a specific task such as play game, create document and watch movie. In last few decades, only one programmer was needed in software development process to write code for solving a problem. However, the system is becoming complex today as it has involved programmers, software engineers, system analysts and users to work together to generate millions lines of codes.... [tags: information technology, planning, designing]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- The Digestive System Of The Human Body
- My Dream As A Forensic Psychologist
- The Day Of Pentecost, Holy Spirit And Beginnings Of The Early Church
- An Assessment Of The Climate And Culture At The Western Valley Elementary School District
- Welfare : A New Homeless Person On The Side Of The Road
- Basic Aspects Of Health Insurance