• Research Article 1 - The Social Problems of Today 's Family
The article being reviewed discusses the inevitable tie between sociology and families, specifically those in Russia. This article points out how it is the science of sociology that imparts a generalizing character to knowledge about family, how the problems of the family are to some extent involved in just about all areas of sociology, and how these “family variables” make it possible to gain a better understanding of the processes of social control and social disorganization, social mobility, demographic changes, and so on (Mustaeva, 2010).
Furthermore, the article conducted a sociological survey to study the social problems of families in Russia in 2007 and 2008. The article discusses in depth many of the social problems that were faced by families in a monospecialized town specifically, and other families who were faced with the same issues in other communities. The article consists of tables that show the opinions of respondents regarding specific questions there were asked about their current state of social problems in a survey. The tables also showed as a result of the financial and economic crisis 65 percent of the families surveyed were not living as well as they used to; 23 percent experienced no changes (they were still living the way they used to), and 11 percent found it difficult to answer the question (Mustaeva, 2010).
This article is relevant to the NCFR families and individuals in societal contexts due to the discussion of h...
... middle of paper ...
...hese areas affect and influence their relationship daily. The article goes further in depth explaining how each context interacts with each other and ultimately affects the current and ultimate status of relationship’s and marriages. After these interactions were explained the article also clarified the data and validity analyses before and when implementing the RELATE model to ensure its individuals of its effectiveness.
Additionally, the article explains how the RELATE model can be implemented in multiple different settings. The RELATE can be used not only for married couples but by instructors, in classrooms, and even clinical settings. This article out of the two previous articles relates more to the internal dynamics of families because it covers every influence that determines ones strengths and weakness, and assistances one comprehend how a family functions.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social Problems in the World Today, Decline in Academic Performance Ceily Armenta Bakersfield College Social problems affect every single person in one way or another. A social problem that seems to be getting worse is a peak in unacceptable academic performance in all aspects of education. Mainly in high school students and preteens. The United States has definitely felt this impact. A lack of educated people leaves room for competition in jobs with high authority, prestige, and power. Sociology helps us take a step back and find an understanding as to why this may occur and what factors produce this outcome.... [tags: Sociology, Education, Emotion, University]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- Social Problems in Education and the Family Over the past 50 years, social values regarding how we think about education, how education is done, and who we educate changed. With change, new social issues emerge and the change in education is no different. This paper focuses on the dropout rates, education inequality, and educating immigrants. However, through the changes and emerging social problems, America is resilient and there is hope and suggestions to minimize the current concerns. Where has the last 50 years brought us Since 1950, it is more acceptable for females to attend college, education’s value is higher for employers, and forced integration of the 1960s is gone.... [tags: Education, High school, Sociology, School]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- One of the greatest social problems seen in our county today is poverty. There are many different reasons for why this is a problem in today’s society. Rather then focusing on why this is a problem and point fingers for why this has happened over the years to society the main goal should be to focus on how to help these people and how to stop the next generation from having to suffer from this social problem. There are many ways to help with this problem one of the most important things is to help those in need now, next is to educate the next generation in how to climb out of poverty, and finally is for the next generation to change the why the government supply’s the different types of aid... [tags: Education, Want, Need, Conditional Cash Transfer]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Family life and structure has been through a variety of changes through time. Many factors correlate with these changes. One change among family is guaranteed to be the cause of another. In this essay, only seven significant changes within in family will be discussed. Though family life and structure has changed due to a family consisting of more than just blood relatives, blended families, divorce, money, and technology, we as society should be acceptant to them. One of the many significant changes within family today is who we actually consider family.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Interracial marriage]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Marriage & Family Therapist When thinking of the numerous careers that come with psychology, I stumbled upon Marriage & Family Therapist. I was very intrigued by this job. The reason I chose to research this topic is because I believe that a child’s home life is very influential on every aspect of his/her life. Not only is it important to have a loving, caring, and healthy marriage it is also equally important to have a family with those same traits. Marriage and family therapist are people who genuinely care about the well being of others and try to mend any brokenness in their lives.... [tags: Psychology, Family therapy, Psychotherapy]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Sociology is the study of human society, social relationships, and social problems. This makes the subject relatable in some aspects. A lot of the topics talked about are ones that I can relate back to personally. Some of the topics in this subject I am able to relate to would be living together before marriage, having a sibling, how media has affected young women, drug abuse in the family, and adoption. Living together before marriage is controversial topic in society today. There is a lot of belief that this can ruin a relationship and causes marriage between the couple to be less likely.... [tags: Family, Parent, Drug addiction, Marriage]
1375 words (3.9 pages)
- The dictionary defines family in many ways. One definition is "a significant social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.” While such definition is a good starting point, some modern family structures are excluded by such definition. In her essay, “Family: Idea, Institution, and Controversy,” Betty Farrell apparently assumes that the traditional family has dramatically changed, and the dynamics of change—altered the definition of a “family.” A family is no longer a picture of a particular image of the mythic past, referring to the golden days of the “1950s.” It is no longer a father, mother and their biological children living together under one roo... [tags: Marriage, Family, Sociology, Mother]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- A way of distinguishing a realist perspective between theories of social problems within is to contrast the 'level of analysis' on which their explanations are focused. Many theories that seek to explain social problems function at the level of the psychological or biological conditions that make some people behave badly – discovering the gene, chromosome or mental characteristic that separates the deviant from the normal. Such clarifications tend to operate at an individual level of analysis, dealing with the certain characteristics of the different and deviant individual.... [tags: Sociology]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Social Problems Affecting Youth Today and Ways to Solve Them Society nowadays isn’t what it was a decade ago. People change and so does the society they live in. The problems that our grandparents experienced with our parents aren’t the same that our parents experience with us. Nowadays, young people are exposed to two major social problems that affect their life negatively. These social problems are drugs and violence. Even though one doesn’t want to be exposed to these problems, it’s impossible because it is everywhere.... [tags: Papers Youth Drugs Deviance Essays]
845 words (2.4 pages)
- The Future of the Family A family, who lives together, eats together, prays together, and works together is a nuclear family. In the early 1960’s the term nuclear family was used to describe the start of the family that was suggested to be dominant in the culture of the time. Divorced and single parent families rarely received any positive attention. Today, social scientists estimate that less then 15% of US families fit the two parents, two offspring family. It’s important to consider that for a society to survive its population must reproduce, or the results are going to be reduction of the population.... [tags: Papers, Family Values]
1144 words (3.3 pages)