Business was quick to adapt, and most business will include some form of social media marketing into their business plan. Bosari (2012) points out that 94% of all businesses with a marketing department used social media as part of their marketing platform. Surely there can be no better way to engage with your potential customers than on a medium they use so frequently and trust so readily. If you truly know your business and get the right message to your target audience, there is a greater chance of reward for a smaller amount of investment than would be achievable with the traditiona...
... middle of paper ...
... advantage you could be onto a winner.Social media puts you in the hands of your consumers, literally, so it cannot be ignored, and any investment in the sector is money and time well spent.
Bosari, J. (2012, August 8). The Developing Role of Social Media in the Modern Business World, Forbes.com, Retrieved Nov 27th 2015, http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneywisewomen/2012/08/08/the-developing-role-of-social-media-in-the-modern-business-world/
Wright, E. (2014, June 23). Small business tips: how to use social media to boost business | Guardian Small Business Network | The Guardian. Retrieved Nov 27th 2015, http://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/2013/aug/29/social-media-boost-business-tips
Pateman, N., & Holt, D. (2011). Inbound Marketing, Retrieved Nov 27th 2015, http://my.uopeople.edu/pluginfile.php/94498/mod_page/content/22/InboundMarketing.pdf
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Through these past years, social media has taken communication to a new level worldwide and, new technology has taken place at the beginning of this century. In this generation, social media has become an important part of people’s daily life around the world. Social media is defined as online websites, and applications that users use to share content on the internet. Some of the popular social media tools, and sites includes: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and many others. Disregarding the fact that social media has become an important aspect in the lives of teenagers to connect with their friends as well as making new friends; it is increasingly becoming a necessary component in the medium... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Facebook, Internet]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- There is hardly an item in the technological advancement of the recent years that is unequivocally good or bad. Each kind of mass-market technology which entered became an essential part of people 's lives during the last couple of decades had its amazing advantages and pitiful drawbacks. Technology has made people 's huoses more comfortable, businesses more prominent, learning more efficient, and entertainment more colorful. However, along with the positive changes, one should consider the common pitfalls of extensive use of technology.... [tags: Social network service, Internet, Twitter]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- Now that we have examined some of the ways the internet can strengthen social connections, we must consider the other side. The next part of the essay will focus on demonstrating how the internet does not strengthen social connections. We will begin by looking at relationships. While Facebook may be essential to connecting with family and friends, it may have a negative effect on your love life. For example, if you are still friends with your ex on Facebook things could get complicated. Every time they update their status or add a photo, you will be able to see it and if they enter a new relationship, it will be all over your News Feed (McHugh; par.20).... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Internet, Facebook]
1543 words (4.4 pages)
- With the internet being a major source for information, it is evident that people will turn to this medium when searching for a specific thing. This superhighway of information allows for instantaneous exchange of material to and from any part of the world. Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, are excellent in enhancing the interaction and social dimensions of mass communication. Technology is constantly evolving. Nowadays we are so connected with the media, which has made a huge impact on our daily lives and the way we interact with each other.... [tags: Social media, Social network service, Twitter]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- Jasmine Dideban Sarah Britto ENG 214 12 May 2016 The Effects of Internet Media on Society’s Perception of Beauty What is beauty. Have our society’s definitions of physical beauty changed as a result of online social media. This image of beauty started as early as the creation of the Barbie doll. This toy was bought for millions of girls around the world and became a role model figure, leading to the want and need to be just like the toy. This left lasting impressions on consumers due to the the altered image of beauty that was put forth.... [tags: Sociology, Internet, Social media]
2073 words (5.9 pages)
- The internet plays a big role in today’s society, from socials media, to online gaming, to advertising and to informing. You name it the internet has it all, and through the internet comes social media, such as Facebook, twitter and instagram a few of the main social media sites out there. People across the world use social media to communicate with each other but over the course of the year’s social media and the internet have played a big role when it comes to presidential campaigning. The reason as to why it has become so important is because it reaches thousands of people across the United States, presidential candidates reach out to people with just a press of a button releasing their t... [tags: Internet, History of the Internet, Elections]
1513 words (4.3 pages)
- The Changing Ways of the Internet Computers and other devices like them, such as smart phones, are a necessity in everyday life. This is all because these devices connect to the internet. The internet has opened new doors that people in the past only dreamed would be possible. In order to adapt to these changes humans must alter the way that they think and act. Humans will have to change the way that they interact with other people. The way that information is searched for will certainly need to be changed.... [tags: Human, Thought, History of the Internet, Humans]
1592 words (4.5 pages)
- Background The Net Generation is a popular term used to describe children born after the development of the Internet, a publicly available Global Communications Network. It was first used in 1998 by Donald Tapscott; a social commentator observing how young people were using new Internet technologies, such as the World Wide Web (WWW), with apparent ease and confidence. When the term first appeared, it was quickly circulated via the Internet and the attributes assigned to the Net Generation were rapidly adopted by the popular media.... [tags: internet]
603 words (1.7 pages)
- ... “It has become socially acceptable to display one’s life via a computer screen.” (O’Donoghue 9). This openness is the reason people are able to form relationships online. They are able to get a general understanding of each other before they meet. This new social norm gives strangers a reason to start a conversation with another, which gives an opportunity for new friends and intimate relationships. Another one of the features of social networks that has changed social interactions is their lack of filters.... [tags: internet, social networks, cellphone]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- NTRODUCTION The Internet has become a fully integrated part of our society, touching many aspects of our business and personal lives. The Internet is so incredibly popular because it enables us to not only quickly access information from sources all over the world, but also transfer information quickly and easily. Businesses were quick in seeing the benefits the Internet would provide their companies. Soon after phrases like “The Web” and “Web Surfing” began to circulate, computers with Internet capabilities became as commonplace as pencils and post-it-notes on employees’ desks.... [tags: Internet]
1718 words (4.9 pages)