First of all, privacy is very important for people who use social networking sites. If people share much information about themselves, it may affect them in dangerous ways. In fact, individuals always like to hide some information about themselves, but those social networking sites allow for us to share information with our friends, family, and even the others who do not even know. However, they cannot recognize that are many essay ways in the social networking sites help others to find our real information. According to Stone (2006), it is an easy that marketers, school officials, government agencies, and online predators collect data and personal information on the social netwo...
... middle of paper ...
... about your concerns; it…” because that help parents to understand their children
To sum up, despite some advantages, using the social media also has disadvantages for people. They have a lot of security problems to trigger the thefts, it makes teen irresponsible what they are posting, and sometimes they bring miscommunication between users and followers. Thus, we have to care about social media in the future, also our next generation’s future. We must use any source of source adequately. Moderation in all things is always the nest way to follow. Social networking sites are helpful technology has come in our life because it makes the life much more easily than before, but we have to be more careful when we use it. I recommend people who social networking sites a lot, try to educate themselves about the concerns of social networking sites, before he is in trouble.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Twitter and Facebook are only two of the online connections people use today to stay in contact with friends and family. The internet is the place to interact with new people and a way to expose yourself to strangers. The partial anonymity available online can be used as a mask for sexual offenders and psychos; they can appear to be ordinary normal people, and you have no way of really knowing what is the the truth and what is the lie. Too much personal information is at risk on these social networking sites.... [tags: Social Networking]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- The worldwide web is a fabulous spot to research data for any topic that comes into mind. The internet is a powerful invention that allows people to communicate, shop online, have entertainment, and explore the world. The net is being used for many valuable purposes, but the service of the internet raises a number of ethical issues such as privacy in social networking sites. Today’s revolution in social communication involves security and confidentiality of data. Privacy is a valuable tool that humans need in order to protect themselves from privacy violations.... [tags: Internet, Social network service, Facebook]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- The Internet can be a useful and wonderful environment filled with bountiful amounts of information and yet be one of the most dangerous places in the world. Social networking sites allow us to share our lives with family and friends that we are separated from or keep up with all the latest news from anyone on our friends list. Whether we share a glimpse of our day to day lives or the entire world is updated from moment to moment all depends on what we post to the walls of our favorite social networking sites.... [tags: MySpace, Internet, Phishing, Identity theft]
1689 words (4.8 pages)
- Dangers of Social Networking In increasing numbers children are living in a social world “without boundaries” surrounded by dangers (Fodeman). Technology has become a gateway to a new world of socializing. As technology grows it seems as if all boundaries of cause and effect, problem and consequence has been removed from sight and mind. Online communication sites offer quick information and easy contact with friends and family. They also are perfect for advertising because it is cheaper and much quicker than printing.... [tags: bullying, bullied]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Some believe that social networking sites should be controlled by the government as it would protect our fellow children and maybe another generation. It has been reported in the news for some time that some children have been bullied on these sites which caused them to commit suicide. Was the invention of social networking sites good or bad. Not all children use social networking sites to create havoc or destroy other people’s lives and many agree they have a positive effect. There are many people who disagree with social networking sites being controlled by the government.... [tags: Government Control, Children]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Undoubtedly, the popularity of social media has changed the way people communicate with others around the world. Social media is the general term of social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, etc. Before people have social media in their daily life, they could not imagine that someday the world was going to become smaller and larger at the same time: due to the extension of the field of vision, the distance between people are getting closer. Generally, social networking sites have significant impacts not only on the personal aspect, but also on the society.... [tags: communication, sharing, facebook, twitter]
641 words (1.8 pages)
- Social networking sites are increasingly becoming one of the internet most utilized activities. However, how often does one think that their Facebook site is hazardous to their identity. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, an estimated 11.7 million Americans were victims of identity theft in 2010 (U.S. Dept. of Justice). Identity theft is defined as a crime where someone illegally acquires and utilizes another person’s vital information to deceive for personal gain. That same year, the Federal Trade Commission reported that identity theft crimes cost businesses and individuals an estimated $53 billion (Federal Trade Commission).... [tags: Social Media]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Communication has been an important component of human lives throughout history, mainly due to the significant role it plays for individuals when they are publicizing their ideas or in developing relationships with one another. The various ways of connectivity have grown greatly within the past decade, thanks to the major developments made in technology. The most popular and possibly the greatest impact made in the world of communication was the development of social networking. Social networking is considered to be an online community of individuals that have common interests who use a particular website to communicate and share information and other resources.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Twitter]
1959 words (5.6 pages)
- MySpace gained popularity when businesses and bands began using it for advertising. Since the launch of Facebook, both have made social networking part of daily life for millions of people worldwide. Internet relationships have become more popular and face-to-face interactions have become more rare. Though these websites allow friends to stay in touch more easily, they also raise safety concerns. Predators have found ways to gain access to innocent bystanders. The age of account users on these sites has become an issue.... [tags: Social Networks, Facebook, Twitter]
2979 words (8.5 pages)
- Social media has taken the world by storm over the past several years. Numbers of users and numbers of networks being set up in other nations has grown quite substantially as the popularity and demand for social media has increased. The entire purpose of setting up social media networks around the world is to allow and promote the world to communicate and connect with one another. However, the trend that seems to be following this widespread connection and communication is the exact opposite. Social media has begun to create an unsociable generation of young adults.... [tags: Social Media, Facebook 2014]
730 words (2.1 pages)