Writing Assignment #1
As Today’s society grows all of us have come to revolutionize in the aspect of technological innovations. Many people of different ages have come to utilize the use of social media, which has become a social norm in today’s society. As I have come to known many people use social media on a daily basis, which has become normal and a part of our daily lifestyles. Social Networking does have its perks, and it has defects, as well. From the article, that I have chosen over Social Networking, I have become more aware of all the pro’s and con’s when it comes to this subject.
Social Networking can be explained to be used in order to stay interconnected with a group of friends on either by use of an application on either smart phone, tablet, and computers. Other ways of logging onto these networks are by using your browser and going to the homepage of the social network you’re wanting to use on either a smartphone, tablet, and computer. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Tinder, and Instagram, are but of a few of the millions of applications people can download onto their devices. The most popular one’s seem to consist of Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat, in today’s day of age.
Many of the pro’s from, what I have read from the article is the fact that social media is used in many different aspects. For example, being a teacher, one might use this social media for educational purposes inside a classroom. Another positive thing about social media, is that people are becoming more social aware. They come to know things that otherwise they might have missed, on the television. They can find out the latest gossip, read the news, things that are trending, what new things that they ca...
... middle of paper ...
...chnological modernized. A lot of pressure, has to do with this, as well. New and better things have become invented, and everyone wants in with the new, out with old. Isn’t this the perfect saying that can go with subject?
In my opinion, I think social media is a great device, but it saddens me that some traditions are not being kept alive. Some of it is the fault of society, because as kids grow up they’re going to be more lieutenant on just be posting selfies of snapchat, or posting cool things that they’re doing on their social media, without actually having to enjoy their vacation, trips, and family time. Other kids in society today, hardly ever go outside, just because! Old things are just dying out, that was once was done back in the day. I feel very disappointed, and feel like everyone should not rely so much on social media, and just enjoy life itself!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Community is changing. As far back as the twentieth century, a social community was a group of real life acquaintances that had a common interest, goal, or career. Back then, to update one’s “status” might mean to attempt to improve a person’s social standing within a particular community or group of friends. Today, people don’t need to be told what online social networking is. It’s so engrained into the current culture that people almost can’t remember how they interacted before the internet came along.... [tags: Social Networking, role playing, online]
1767 words (5 pages)
- Privacy Levels on Social Networking Sites - To What Extent Are They Compromised. Introduction A social networking site can be defined as a website where people can network, and communicate with another. These websites are designed solely for the purpose of communities being made, whether you want to re-connect with an old high school friend, or whether you just want to make some friends online in general. Social networking sites have revolutionised communication, and are now one of the main sources of communication used today.... [tags: Social Networking, Facebook]
1742 words (5 pages)
- The Distraction Effect Although utilizing social networking platforms is typically subjected to a pervasive attitude of the social website and attitudes of students toward social networking in general, most online behaviors reflect personality behaviors, cultures, and values. How people use online social networks particularly since per their behavioral patterns and attitudes towards information sharing and privacy is a direct consequence of and a reflection on their cultural backgrounds. Intellectual capabilities manage time and process information and therefore should affect their capacity towards benefiting from online activities and restricting their efficiency on any tasks performed in p... [tags: Social network service]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- From Online to Offline: Adolescents Social networking has become a norm in our society. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Myspace are but a few examples of the relatively new phenomenon of online social networking that play a significant role in our daily lives. The popularity of online social networking sites is constantly growing having people of all ages signing up for this sites by the million. Social networking has without a doubt contributed to many positive things in our lives, it allows us to share and communicate with friends and family, meet new people, and stay connected with the world, but social networking also has its negative effects.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, MySpace]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- When social media first started to become a widespread trend across the world, new ideas of what it meant to be socially involved were created. This lead to dozens of new outlets for the general public to become engaged in, leading to new and flashy trends that further diversified how social media played a part in our everyday lives. The humble beginnings of social media can be traced to sites like Friendster or Myspace which then evolved into Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit, et cetera.... [tags: Facebook, Social media, Sociology]
2004 words (5.7 pages)
- Overview The World Wide Web which was created in the early 90s specifically for US military forces has lately being converted into a convenient tool for communication, learning tool and entertainment. One of the most recognized platforms used on the internet are the social networking sites. There has been a great increase in the use of social networking sites, what started back as a phenomenon for only computer literates is now an integral part and a social norm for adults and teenagers all over the world.... [tags: Social network aggregation, Social network service]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- Last Halloween, my younger sister took one of my brother’s old black T-shirts, fringed the fabric, and tied it around the bottom half of her face as a makeshift beard. She went trick-or-treating that October as her favorite YouTube vlogger, Shay Carl. For five years, she has been following the “Shaytards” channel, and her devotion to the family is apparent from the Shaytards merchandise she owns, to her Twitter feed (consisting mostly of Shay Carl’s tweets), to how she will sing “I Got My Socks On” around the house as if it were a hit song she heard on the radio.... [tags: bullying, victims, mental health]
2036 words (5.8 pages)
- In 2010, 57% of kids used the internet at home, and 85% had access to a computer at home (Child Trends, 2012). In 2012, the National Consumers League reported that 32% of children ages 8-10 and 69% of 11 and 12 year olds had their own cell phone. Of these, almost 50% could access the internet through their phone. In addition, children have access to everything on the internet at the touch of a button through newer technology, such as the iPad, iPad mini, mp3 players, and iPod Touch. And with devices like the iPod, parents may only think about it as a music device and not realize that they are opening the whole internet to their child.... [tags: Facebook and Preteens]
1718 words (4.9 pages)
- Prior to presentation of the relevant literature as described above it is first necessary to define essential terms for purposes of clarity and understanding. Definition of Key Terms Social media networks are online platforms that electronically connect people, social media uses phone, computers. Boyd and Ellison, (2007) stated that social networks refer to marketing of personal information to the public through the internet. Social networking sites are web networks on which numerous people post private information and have the ability to share messages with other people.... [tags: Social network service, Social media]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- With the emergence of the internet and social media. We rapidly adopt different facade for each site. This is akin to the offline identities that we construct for ourselves. On the other hand, it is very unlikely that a person would be in the same room with their different groups of friends, colleagues, ex-partners, current partner, immediate and extended family members, all at the same time. However, this situation becomes the norm when it comes to social networking like Facebook and Twitter. They merge previously discrete groups into one singular platform.... [tags: Twitter, Social network service, Facebook]
1143 words (3.3 pages)