The objective of this social media marketing plan is to present a marketing strategy for the J.M. Smucker company, which is among the most reputable food brands in the USA. The company is headquartered in Orrville, Ohio and is a manufacturer of ice cream toppings, natural peanut butter, beverages, shortenings and other products. In the recent past, the company has been failing in its social media presence due to bad publicity occasioned by its anti-GMO labeling campaign efforts. The company is known for its ‘family-friendly foods’ but uses genetically modified ingredients in its products. The anti-GMO labelling campaign support has adversely affected the company’s standing with consumers as evidenced by negative reviews on social media and thus a need to rectify the situation by implementing effective strategies that would generate value to stakeholders in the food industry.
This marketing plan will touch on the objectives to be implemented as marketing strategies including retailing, research and promotional services. An analysis of the market environment as a result of this situation will be presented using marketing models of SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats), TOWS and PESTLE (Political, Environmental, Social, Technological) factors. These marketing models will help us determine the company 's status in relation to the perceptions of the consumers and the public at large. Advocacy has been an important area in public relations and is established amongst the main functions of public relations.Social media, which have been introduced by the further development of Internet technology is the main driving force (Özdemir, 2012). The plan will focus on the...
... middle of paper ...
...ed upon. This can be done in a number of ways including the use of surveys and interviews on social media to try and correct the negative impact that this particular policy has had on its consumers and especially its presence in social media.
4. Target Audience
The company should be able to identify its target audience and launch a campaign that is consistent with its brand’s existing social style and tone. It should take cognizant that different social networks are there for different purposes and therefore should be able to choose the best that suits this particular purpose. One of the most popular social networks for Smucker’s is Tumblr, facebook and twitter which are frequently used by its consumers. It should identify its market segmentation and position itself to focus on it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social media marketing is a communication strategy that increases your business’s online presence and helps draw traffic to your website. Social media has became more than just a buzzword. It’s an ideal marketing tool, especially if your priority is to gain new customers, as well as if your marketing budget is small or your product ties strongly to technology. The Internet is a virtual playground of customers. Create profiles on networks that likely appeal to your customer base. People who fit your average customer profile likely spend at least part of their day on a minimum of one social network, like Facebook or Twitter.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Twitter]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- INTRODUCTION T ________________________________________ his chapter will present a prologue to the area of interest for this thesis. Background knowledge will be provided to the reader in relevance to the research purpose and milieu of the problem Contextualisation More than 250 million people are active Facebook users. More than 346 million people read blogs, and 184 million people are bloggers themselves. Twitter has more than 14 million registered users, and YouTube claims more than 100 million viewers per month.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
713 words (2 pages)
- What Is Social Media Marketing. What is social media marketing and what does it have to do with you. Well, I 'll answer those questions by saying this: Social media marketing is simplified in terms of reaching customers through sharing a message through written content, videos and images. The concept is to gain increasing traffic and attention from those who use social media. Social media marketing covers various social networks which enables you to communicate activities and short messages with others.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
- 1. Executive Summary The objective of this social media marketing plan is to present a marketing strategy for the J.M. Smucker company, which is among the most reputable food brands in the USA. The company is headquartered in Orrville, Ohio and is a manufacturer of ice cream toppings, natural peanut butter, beverages, shortenings and other products. In the recent past, the company has been failing in its social media presence due to bad publicity occasioned by its anti-GMO labeling campaign efforts.... [tags: Marketing, SWOT analysis, Food]
1592 words (4.5 pages)
- Marketing skills are useful in every field and business to some degree(I’m not sure that you need to add, “to some degree.” It’s a good statement, but I’m not a marketing person;]). Every product or service offered needs some form of marketing to be successful and gain a customer base. From grocery stores and product management, to photographers, hairdressers, and lawyers, to social media marketing, marketing has a place everywhere you turn. My degree will be an Associate’s in Business Marketing.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
1051 words (3 pages)
- The Internet is progressively developing and becoming an indispensable part of human life. People are likely to access information and news through the Internet, especially social media, more than traditional media like T.V, newspapers, magazines, or radio. Therefore, many business organizations take advantage of this trend to reach their customers more effectively and conduct their domestically and internationally commercial activities more easily. With the global and collaborative characteristics, social media technologies not only can help maintain relationships with customers and communication between internal employees, but also can support the product innovation and decision-making.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- Where Is Your Social Media Taking Your Business. Chart Your Own Path. Reach your target audience and grow your business by: •maximizing your advertising budget with efficient social media marketing strategies •focusing on quality social media followers instead of the masses •being original, thus keeping your users engaged •augmenting your content with visuals No matter how amazing your product and business model are, they won’t lead you down a path to success (http://smallbusiness.chron.com/importance-marketing-success-business-589.html) if your target audience isn’t aware of what you offer.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- The Marketing Mix for Public Schools When asked what “marketing” means, most educators (and most people, for that matter), believe marketing is simply about getting the word out about their school—in the form of public relations or advertising. Marketers, however, understand marketing encompasses so much more. The Marketing Mix includes Product, Price, Place and Promotion. The term was first coined in 1964 by Harvard marketing professor Neil Borden, who credited Professor James Culliton with describing the marketing executive as a “mixer of ingredients” (Borden, 1984, p.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- E-commerce marketing is a complex subject; it is because it is not easy to find all the tips in one source. Fortunately, the complex task has been done for you, taking you on the path to marketing achievement and offering a list so that you can go through it as you finish each internet marketing technique. Creation of a content marketing strategy before starting Creating a content marketing policy is paramount since nothing perfect starts without formulating a good plan. The same way a movie studio goes through the procedure of production, an e-commerce business requires a content marketing plan.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Social media]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- 11 Instagram Marketing Tips From the Experts Since Facebook 's acquisition of the social media channel in 2012, one of the photo sharing app 'Instagram ' has exploded it 's growth as well as, with 300 million daily active users, over 30 billion photos shared, and an average of 70 million photos posted, like and shares per day. People are very much like to engaging with Instagram posts on levels incomparable by any other social media network. As per the research of forrester, interactions of users with brands via Instagram is 400% higher than on Twitter and Facebook, offering 56% more engagement per follower than other social media (120 times more engagement than twitter and 58 times more... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Social media]
1454 words (4.2 pages)