WHAT IS SOCIAL MEDIA?
• Social media describes online technologies and practices that people use to share opinions, insights, experiences, and perspectives with each other.
Why does the social web matter to the contact center?
Your customers are talking about their experiences and opinions of you—to other customers and prospects. Social media sites like Face-book and Twitter have drawn a critical mass of consumers. Their comments about your products and services are easily shared and visible to more and more people which can carry a lot of influence. In short, the social web empowers everyone to be an author. Social media has emerged as a prominent platform in the Web revolution and has a direct impact on how companies engage with their customers.
NEED FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
• Company knows the value of communicating with customers through the channel of their choice. Social web provides a new set of channels through which customers present feedback, concerns, and issues.
BENEFITS OF SOCIAL WEB
• Contact centers have a long history of adapting to new channels: 800 numbers, fax, email, web, web self-service, and chat. Social media is the newest channel in the mix, and it comes with its own set of unique characteristics. Below are some common qualities that apply to most social media sites. Understand that each site is different, starting with who publishes it and their unique terms of agreement, copyrights, and operating protocols.
COST-EFFECTIVE WAY TO BE CLOSE TO CUSTOMERS
Used correctly and consistently, social media sites may offer a low-cost way to deliver ••service and to gather important data on market trends, product feedback, brand perception, and customers.
Contact centers can find and engage super users in ord...
... middle of paper ...
...going commitment from the project manager, and it is important to maintain variety in content and approaches. It can also be difficult to generate real debate and dialogue via social media.
While all online activity can be monitored, measured and recorded for its reach, engagement and online impact, it is difficult to measure offline impact and to know what online activity might have inspired more widely in terms of longer-term social change.
• Social sites are today’s market demand where customers are encouraged to share their thoughts and give necessary feedback. Advertising and publishing a secure web or BlogSpot would encourage more participation and transparent feedback for the company product. Hence creating such media would help an industry to create their own niche by understanding customer’s transparent feedback on such social media.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This summer if you were on social media you heard about the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. The concept was simple, just film yourself dumping a bucket of ice water over your head, challenge your friends to do the same, and donate ten dollars to the ALS Association. Opt out and donate one hundred dollars (Madison). Many Americans did not know what ALS was and by putting this challenge on social media has brought tons awareness to this devastating disease. Activism used to be taking action to bring social change, people in the 1960s used to gather in front of community centers and protest and or speak about their issue or cause.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Activism]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- From "thintastic" blogs to suicide stories, social media has become not only a source of conversation but a gateway to harmful suggestions that many teenagers see and believe to be allowable, when in fact the situations proposed are dangerous to those who attempt them. Statistics show that 20% of anorexic teenagers will die prematurely, and 80% of teenagers who commit suicide are depressed (South). Social media has glorified and brought to attention eating disorders, depression, and suicide among teens that might otherwise not become a statistic in these critical categories.... [tags: social media, tumblr, cyber bullying]
1037 words (3 pages)
- The game changer that is the Internet would not be the same if it wasn 't for social media, the two are interdependent of each other. Because of social media site such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram becoming such a normality in life, It has become a rarity to come across someone who is not constantly using these apps. With the constant use of theses social networking apps, we are converting the deep meaning of intimacy and friendship with exchanging photos and chat conversations skewing our ability to socialize.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- How many teenagers have Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat. Do they waste time on social media when they should be getting their work done. Are they aware of their security settings on these social media sites and who can be looking at their posts and profiles. How many teenagers have been cyber bullied on social media. Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat are three social media sites commonly used among American teenagers today. These sites allow teens to stay connected and share daily activities with each other.... [tags: Facebook, Social media, MySpace, Bullying]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- Social Media is all around the world and affects everyone in its path. It affects men, women, boys, and girls, it 's a part of our everyday life. Social Media is a website or application that allows users to create or share information, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. People can easily access any information that they desire, and they can communicate with whoever they want. Companies use it to promote their products, so their consumers will purchase them. Social media can be a great tool to use, but with every great tool comes some bad qualities.... [tags: Facebook, Twitter, Loneliness, Social media]
1686 words (4.8 pages)
- You Can Not Photoshop My Opinions The portrayal of femininity in the media causes the lack of women in leadership. The media portrays woman in such a docile role that it creates an atmosphere of servitude and secondary status for woman holding them back from striving to become leaders in all fields including in the media, politics and culture. The media causes a double standard giving women the feeling of being inferior to men. With that double standard in place less women are likely to be involved in any kind of leadership.... [tags: Mass media, Woman, Hillary Rodham Clinton]
1824 words (5.2 pages)
- Since 2006, Twitter has become a huge social media platform. Over a billion people use twitter on a daily basis. Everyone from celebrities to the average teenager has a twitter. Over the last decade, Twitter has been affecting the way we communicate with one another. Twitter causes people to receive information quicker, oversimplify conversations, and impacts the in person conversations that occur every day. Who would have guested that a hundred and forty characters would change we communicate. Even though there are some excellent things with Twitter, there are also a lot of negative things that can come from it.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Conversation, Super Bowl]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- Social Networking: Security Issues with an Emphasis on Today’s Networking Media Before getting started on the topic listed above, what exactly is Social Networking. A social networking service is reported as being an online service, platform, or site that focuses on building and reflecting social networks or social relations among people, who for instance might share common interests, activities, went to the same school, work at the same company and the list goes on. Although social networks can be useful; they can also be damaging to an individual’s career, personal life, and affect many other aspects of their lives.... [tags: Social Media, Online, Internet]
2648 words (7.6 pages)
- ... Lastly, the main green house gas refers to Fluorinated Gases that make up multiple chemical reactions, create holes in the atmosphere, and increase global temperatures. In addition to global warming contributors, the EPA has also identified particulate matter or particle pollution as another source for climate change. Particulate matter ranges in size and texture, which are often found in the air. Particulate matters can be detrimental to the health of humans and the environment. According to the EPA, particulate matter is “emitted directly from a source, such as construction sites, unpaved roads, fields, smokestacks or fires.... [tags: climate, natural causes, environment]
1493 words (4.3 pages)
- Today, social media has a tremendous impact in popular culture, business, and individuals. Social websites are some of the most popular types of media that have revolutionized the way people communicate and socialize on the Web. Truly, social media divides opinions and is a hot topic being constantly debated. It is also a critical tool for humans but a dangerous weapon if used incorrectly. Social media has positive and negatives; however, it is essential for daily life. Some argue that as there is more information flowing into people’s lives, levels of stress have increased more than ever (Marcus).... [tags: Sociology, Social network, Social media, Facebook]
1566 words (4.5 pages)