Social media can expand us digitally places that we haven’t seen before. (Good topic sentence) Nowadays most people post up on how their day was going, gossip, or just random feelings, but other people get the idea as if they were with them. In the article “I’m So Totally, Digitally, Close to You” Thompson interview someone and she said, “It’s like I can distantly read everyone’s mind… I love that. I feel like I’m getting to something raw about my friends. It’s like I’ve got this heads-up display for them.” (page 586 Thompson) (do not write PAGE when you site, just pg# and author) The media such as Twitter, and Facebook gives you this freedom to feel what your friends are feeling, or catch up on what are they doing. Media gives you a variety of ways ...
... middle of paper ...
...o just catch up and meet up in person. We just use our phones and think that it is better. It because we are lazy, we have become so use to the fact that we have all these easy access to get in contact with a lost friend or relative we believe that its easier that way. We block the way we feel because we think social media is enough communication, when it really is just covering up all of our emotions.
Social media gives of the disadvantages to see more, we forget to actually enjoy. We have turn social media into our diary were mostly the whole world to see our emotions are no longer connected; we are all over the place with our emotions. We are letting the media disconnect us from the real world because sooner or later we are no longer going to social interact, what we are going to do is just depend on technology, and this is something just cannot go on any further.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social Media According to Michael Cross (2013) a communications expert- Social media is a term that describes the various technologies used to tie people into collaboration, exchange information, and interact through web-based messaging. Because the internet is always experiencing growth, then the various technologies and features available to users are always changing. This makes social media more hypernym than a specific reference to various uses or designs. According to Joyce Kasman Valenza (2014) - Social media is an internet platform that allows individuals to share instantly and communicate continuously with their communities.... [tags: Social media, Communication, Mass media, Person]
713 words (2 pages)
- Today 's generation is all about social media. It is the new way to have instant connection to thousands all over the world. Today 's company are now doing less traditional television, radio, and print advertisement and more promotion via Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram. Companies are invested in getting famous people to post pictures or tweet about their products, knowing that, one person can connect with millions with just one post. Over half of the world has access to social media, making them great consumers.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Facebook]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- In today’s society, social media has become such a big part of our daily lives, affecting not only our “social” lives, but our works lives as well. Social media in the workplace can be a valuable tool for businesses but it can also cause serious problems on the job. Employers are faced with the need to develop social media policies that allow the company to secure the positive benefits of social media use while minimizing the negative effects. Problems occur when employees abuse the ability to have Internet access for personal use during work hours, post inappropriate things which negatively affects their online presence, or issues can easily arise in the hiring process.... [tags: Employment, Social media, Working time, Facebook]
2133 words (6.1 pages)
- Top Social Media Marketing Trends to Help Marketers Dominate In 2016 Want to change the way you leverage social media for digital success this year. It’s time to evaluate your social media strategies, and differentiate great tactics from ones that have under-delivered. This evaluation is really important to come out with a unique social media strategy to rock the markets in 2016. There are a bunch of opportunities which can let you shine on the social media front. So let’s have a look at highly effective social media trends that will help you dominate the market in 2016.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Social media]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- Social media, like any other form of technology, is only a tool. Its status as inanimate extension of human functioning determines that social media itself is neither good nor bad. The nature of the outcome of its use is only defined by the individual who uses it. Therefore, before treating any form of social media such as Facebook as an animate entity with the self-awareness to be seen as a hazard or benefit to society, we must first direct blame or credit to the humans who use it. Facebook offers users the opportunity to connect with other users by ‘adding’ them as ‘friends’ via friend requests.... [tags: Facebook, Social media, MySpace, Human]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- Caregiver Assistance and the Importance of Social Media for Elders In August 2010, the Pew Research Center published a report showing that social media use had doubled among seniors from the previous year and was up to 42 percent. Three years later, in August of 2013, an updated study showed that "Nearly two-thirds of 50-64-year-olds and 43 percent of those aged 65+ are now on Facebook." In hard numbers, there were over 50 million American seniors on Facebook several years ago, and the number is growing every year.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Health]
714 words (2 pages)
- The Effect of Social Media to Our Generation Communication plays an important role and becomes an essential part in our daily lives. Today we have taken communication to new level as social media and social networking. They have had a tremendous impacts on the word, on our culture and in business as well. Social media websites are some of the most popular on the internet, such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. They are the places where people can interact with others easily and expose themselves to strangers.... [tags: Facebook, Sociology, Social media, Mobile phone]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- 1) The primary role of media delivering the news to the public is to gather and report news that is true, fair, honest, accurate, non-biased and non-critical. The news keeps us informed about what is going on in and around the world, investigating stories and delivering information to a large and diverse audience. The media channels news through television, radio, newspapers, internet, and other products that reach people, groups, and societies. Not only does the news play an investigative role or cover entertainment, but spends time in sustaining democracy, by covering stories in volatile countries so that readers stay informed of current situations.... [tags: Media]
1576 words (4.5 pages)
- Overview Social media has become a main source of interaction, where people are able to connect with each other and collect information immediately. The constant presence of social media in our daily life influence our perception of the world. As a result, giving a false or misleading representation becomes a concern for the object that is being misrepresented. For instance, social media is filled with misrepresentation of women, where they are expected to have certain characteristics and to perform certain roles.... [tags: Advertising, Media, Pennsylvania, Mass media]
1669 words (4.8 pages)
- The Road of Black Entertainment Television The media is all around us, influencing most of our thoughts and buying habits. Most of the media bases its shows towards many diverse demographics as to bring in the most viewers to watch commercials between the show content. But some of the channels are demographic specific advertising directly to a single group in hopes of banking the entire future of a network on that single group. One channel has been extremely successful in this risky business venture, BET.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1246 words (3.6 pages)