To get a better understanding of what social media is, it is necessary to understand what the purpose of social media serves. Anne Osterrieder, author of “The value and use of social media as a communication tool in the plant sciences.”, breaks down the core concept of what social media stands for. “The core principle of social media is the ability to share content with others, (Osterrieder)”. We as a society that thrives on communication, love the ability to share and talk about information and gossip nonstop. It is a part of our human desire to connect with other people that share similar preferences, and being a part of a group or a society that share the same preference, helps that community grow. Through this process of growth, benefits began to arise from this platform, which seem to demonstrate marketing opportunities and possible celebrity status.
Information collected from Hub Spot, a multimedia site that focuses around marketing and sales tactic, around the year of 2014, demonstrated through the process social media, that businesses and marketers were using the platform to promote exposure for their sale brands. Through this tactics, businesses started to become more interested with this new platform and would start promoting brands for exposure, which in turn start gaining more and more attractive to their company’s products. Eventually, the social media platform became the new marketing outlet in which companies could increase brand recognition, decrease marketing production and provide customers with a richer experience by connecting and building relationship through social media. With the progress of social media gaining attraction from business and large companie...
... middle of paper ...
...y “The benefits of Facebook “friends”: Social capital and college students’ use of online social networks sites” provides that within college communities they have been able to integrate students into college community by promoting social events that are happing on the campus and engage students to create social ties (Ellison, Steinfield, & Lampe, 2007). Within the structure of psychological health, research has noted that reports from studies have noticed the user who are of young are, tend to have an increased self-esteem and well-being based around the positive feedback that is received on social media sites (Valkenburg, Peter, & Schouten, 2006). No what media you are presented with, there will always be positive and negative effects that are applied towards its use. The important piece of information relies on how the information should be handled and analyzed.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social media plays a central role as a communication tool among several user groups with different purposes. In particular, the elderly individuals over 65 years old of age, who use a social networking, are on the rise in most developed countries. In recent years, the aging population has significantly utilised social network sites in their everyday life; however, there is few research to examine this unique community. As Grande mention in his thesis (2015, 1), elderly users utilise some popular social network sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, to socialise and stay connected with their significant people, family members, and friends.... [tags: Sociology, Social network service, Ageing]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- Nowadays, our busy American lives have gotten busier and complex than before. Some of the reasons for this is the fact that both parents in a household most likely are working a full time job and the kids are pre-occupied with after school activities, such as sports, band, or just locked in their room finishing up their homework. When and how do we communicate with each other. What kind of social media tool do we use to communicate. In my house, my wife works 1st shift from 7:00am-3pm and I work 2nd shift from 3:30pm-1am.... [tags: Social media, Communication, Full-time]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- Nowadays, our busy American lives has gotten even more busier and complex than before. Some of the reasons for this is the fact that both parents in a household most likely are working a fulltime job and the kids are pre-occupied with after school activities, such as sports, band, or just locked in their room finishing up their homework. When and how do we communicate with each other. What kind of social media tool do we use to communicate. In my house, my wife works 1st shift from 7:00am-3pm and I work 2nd shift from 3:30pm-1am.... [tags: Social media, Communication, A Great Way to Care]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- ... A real audience forces most students to reconsider how they word their ideas. To avoid looking illiterate, most students will consult their teacher or a grammar and usage book to make sure they are adhering to good grammar guidelines. By writing online students feel motivated to do their best. For example, George Mayo, a Maryland middle school 8th grade teacher, found this to be the case. According to Morgan,“Mayo remarked that the level of motivation in his class soared when his students found out that pupils as far away as China were participating.” Therefore, social media can writing by motivating students to do their best.... [tags: communication technology as a teaching tool]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- The processes of globalisation and technological change is determined by the accelerated pace of life and growing importance of the information. Also, it relies on traditional marketing tools, and the investments of the new e-marketing solutions. In order to stay competitive in the market need to develop new ways of interacting with the customers and ensuring their loyalty. Social network marketing is becoming a more important part of creating marketing campaigns. Moreover, there is an increasing number of organizations implementing social networking, as a marketing solution.... [tags: Marketing, Communication, Advertising]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- In the first unit, we discussed that a memorandum can be used as a communication tool. For example, memos are typically used in a business, legal and professional setting in order to convey the importance of a topic or discussion. Therefore, the audience is usually a coworker, employer or boss within a department or company. Most companies use this as a way to send a professional note to its employee’s about benefits or changes to policies within the company. However, in order for a memo to be considered formal it must contain professional language while being short, sweet and concise.... [tags: Employment, Writing, Social media, Journalism]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Brian Dunn the CEO of Best Buy learned a difficult lesson using social media as a communication tool (Robbins, Decenzo, & Coulter, 2013). What started as a great tool to communicate with his employees turned into a disaster. Brian Dunn’s twitter account was hacked by someone logging on as him and sent inappropriate messages to all his connections. These devastating incidents can ruin companies and cause employees to question their leadership. Problems with social media can be as small as a miss spelled word, to a customer posting negative comments about a company for the world to read.... [tags: social media, communication]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Roughly, five years ago social media was considered the way to stay connected with families and friends around the world. Social media tools such as Facebook and LinkedIn have grown rapidly throughout the years and can no longer be seen as a means to socialize. Social media is a platform that is not only used in every day as part of people’s personal lives, but many global businesses are beginning to use it. However, some businesses still view social media as a distraction, and they are skeptical as social media slowly moves into the workplace.... [tags: Social media, Social network service, Facebook]
2072 words (5.9 pages)
- Irem Eren Erdogmus and Mesut Cicek, says that how effective is the social media marketing for building up the brand loyalty of the consumers. Loyalty towards a brand brings in sales revenue, market share and profit towards an organization. With the help of a brand an organization can at least keep them in the marketplace. The researcher tells that there are various qualities that a brand must hold to shown that it is loyal towards its consumers. • To provide with an effective campaign • Give appropriate content what the consumer wants • Offers current content regarding a particular brand • Found on various platforms and provides applications on social media.... [tags: Marketing, Brand, Social media, Communication]
1493 words (4.3 pages)
- People all over the world use social media to connect with one another, but has anyone deeply thought about why. The simple answers are, “I want to stay in touch with my family members” or “I want to keep up with what is happening in the world.” These are all valid responses; however, there is a more profound meaning. All humans need a sense of self-esteem, and the presence of social media gives an easy boost. On the surface this is a positive effect of using social media, but the tendencies behind it are narcissistic.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Self-esteem, Want]
1014 words (2.9 pages)