Social media and web sharing are a new age technology and have an interesting history. “The first social network site launched in 1997 and was called sixDegrees.com” (2007). It was the first site to allow its users to create their own profiles, add and list their friends, and search others friends lists. It was the considered one of the first tools to help people connect and send messages to others. After a small success and the rise and fall of other social sites, Facebook began in 2004. It started as a site originally for college users at Harvard. As it began to increase in popularity, It than began to support other colleges and eventually went mainstream. Millions of users started to join, and as they did, Facebook changed to meet the needs of its users. “Faceb...
... middle of paper ...
...attributes to be enjoyed.
All in all, Social media and its similar trends are not entirely perfect, but the benefits heavily outweigh its negatives. Allowing anyone to communicate and share with anyone at any time is the most convenient perk about social media. People can talk with their friends and family and always be in touch, even if they are on opposite ends of the globe. The ability to create and share content with the world allows users to entertain and inform people, even if they have never met in person, keeping the world a very informative place. And finally, social media gives users a place to hang out at the end of a busy day, to interact and enjoy someone else’s company from the comfort of their own living rooms. So despite the negatives social media and its similar trends might have, these tools are a huge benefit to anyone and everyone who uses them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social media, or web 2.0 began as an Internet based computer application or user-generated application that facilitates the use of social networks by connecting personal or business profiles with those of other individuals or companies. Social media allows people and businesses to share and exchange information, offer ideas, and promote products in virtual communities and networks. Today, social media consists of many social media platforms all serving similar but slightly different purposes. While some social media platforms are more popular than others, they all serve a purpose and cater to various demographics of people with different interests (Hein 2014, Nicol 2012 & Paus 2013).... [tags: Social media, Social network service, Facebook]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- While technology continues to grow, communities across the world use devices differently based on the abilities they want them to perform. Some communities prefer the simple information based web services inputted by humans, while some are for the advancement to the point that computers can generate new information on the web. This change from the concept of Web 1.0 to Web 3.0 can affect the way different parts society function through daily activities. As technology allows us to access the web anywhere in the world due to the different devices society possess, the idea of accessing the internet and the world-wide web continue to be interchangeable.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web 2.0, Internet]
2100 words (6 pages)
- Dark Social: Online Sharing With Major Impact What’s done in the dark must eventually come to light. It’s a quote that many are familiar with, which basically means be very careful of the secrets you keep, because eventually they’ll be exposed. Staying in the dark doesn’t exactly bring about a good outcome. However, in the age of technology, going dark can actually prove the exact opposite. Dark social is a major force in online sharing. Take your business to the next level with this marketing strategy.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Marketing]
715 words (2 pages)
- Adaptive Responsive web design Web design is a process of conceptualizing, planning, and building a collection of electronic files. It determines the layout, structure, text styles, images, graphics, colors, and use of interactive features that deliver pages to site visitors. The degree of customization included in the website design will determine the speed and cost of getting the site up and running. The web development process can be divided into three main components: server-side coding, client-side coding and database technology (Design Your Website, 2014).... [tags: World Wide Web, Web design, Display resolution]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- Men, Women, Children, and the Age of New Media There is a new substantial form of media that has been popularized in recent years that has changed how we as individuals and a society, think, live, share, and create. From the most influential politicization, to the vagabond on the street, every single person is affected by this new form of media and it becomes more substantial in our lives every day. The movie Men, Women, and Children, and the first chapters of New Media, and New New Media, all share a common theme: the attempt to shed light on this medium, called new media, and explain how it affects our lives.... [tags: Web 2.0, Social media, Affect, Media]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Social media become a major influencing factor of how we carry on our businesses and the social way life. These are social media websites and social networks which are web based and facilitate private or public avenues for sharing information and opinions. Social media platforms make use of proliferation technology. This technology helps web-based applications to generate rapidly content and exchange them over the internet. As a result, social media has enabled their users to create and generate user content including web applications more quickly.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Cyber-bullying, Bullying]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Ninety percent of American young adults (ages 18 to 29) use social media (Pew Research Center, 2015). According to Pew Research Center (2015), women are more likely to use social media than men. It is important, then, to consider the impact of young females’ presence on social media networks such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and how these platforms influence decision making processes. RESEARCH TERRITORY Literature in this field has addressed the relationship between a female’s social media use and her perception of self (i.e.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Research]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- To use or not to use social media, that is the question. This is probably one of the biggest questions someone can ask their self, before getting into social networks. Many people have a lot of different opinions about social media. Some people use social media to make friends, while other people use social media to get signed to a big label. Social media also can present certain dangers that could be prevented if it wasn 't used at all. The definition of Social media is websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.... [tags: Social media, Social network service, Web 2.0]
1912 words (5.5 pages)
- Over the past decade, social media has evolved from being an eso teric jumble of technologies to a set of sites and services that are at the heart of contemporary culture. Teens turn to a plethora of popular services to socialize gossip, share information, and hang out” (Boyd, 2014, p. 20) Social media has the ability to provide social interaction and thus it allows its users share their opinions, thoughts, and knowledge freely in a world where time and place are freely in a world where time and place for communication are of little significance (Carlsson, 2010) “Social media is a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, an... [tags: Social network service, Social media, Web 2.0]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- 1. There are different forms of social media, each with a primary purpose. For example: Bloggs: Is web site base with no online membership. Internet users post short articles, and press releases. This media is capable of reaching large audiences through texting, Video images, and links to other related media. Social Net Working Sites: yet another popular virtual community, such as, My Space, and Face book. Both sites can be used to upload pictures, videos, post messages, and create a personal profile.... [tags: Media]
1419 words (4.1 pages)