A Case Scenario
A Patient was admitted to the emergency room after a motor vehicle accident and th...
... middle of paper ...
... HIPAA privacy rule and the purpose of HIPAA privacy rule was to decrease the risk of breach of confidentiality in health care settings. Conclusively, social media will be of greater good only if it is used properly along with the beneficial purpose which includes efficient communication, marketing of health care brands which help to connect with customers, teamwork and collaboration with other health care professionals and provide easy accessibility of the Hospital information system. It is important as a nurse to use social media professionally and stop using it to expose or reveal patient information. Improper use of social media can pose a lot of damage to the nurse and health care organization as a whole. All nurses should realize that it is time to be compliant with HIPAA regulation regarding the use of smartphone and social media in their various workplaces.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the world today the use social media and smart phone are on the rise in the healthcare setting, social media is no longer an alternative tool in the healthcare, as it allows the nurse’s and all the health care group share information, ideas and professional experiences through online communication, social media provides a number of benefits including the marketing of brands like the major health care brands do. In fact, most businesses and professional organizations currently taking benefits of using the use social media for their marketing, which will connect with their consumers.... [tags: Health care]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- In an accelerating pace of modernization these days, it is irrefutable that technology gradually become fundamental to each person’s life. There is a wide diversity of definitions about technology. In this research paper, reader has explored a different view about it in three various aspects: Smart phone, the Internet and Social Media. Some people are of the opinion that most of them are not considered as a technology. However, technology exists in both tangible and intangible and obviously has changed over the years.... [tags: Mobile phone, IPhone, Text messaging, Smartphone]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are all examples of popular social media outlets, which are used daily by the individuals of today’s society. They are used to connect with people from the past, distant relatives as well as current friends and family. Users are able to share with their friends and or followers everything about themselves through their online profiles. Things like date of birth, hometown, schools they have attended, current workplace, different interests and favorite things are all things found on Facebook profiles alone.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Names of large numbers]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Smart Phone Usage in Healthcare Nowadays, people use smart phones in everyday life. Smart phone is a device that combines a cell phone with a hand held computer that contains internet access, data storage, and email capability (Dictionary). Healthcare workers use social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and snapchat in their personal life. HIPAA plays a big role in health care. HIPAA regulations “require health care providers and organizations as well as their business associates, develop and follow procedures that ensure the confidentially and security of protected health information when it is transferred, received, handled or shared” (California Department of Health Care Serv... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Patient]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Social Media Social media has grown to the point where it feels as though everyone is connected and pursuing online interactions, either being Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Social media has allowed people to always stay in touch allowing relationships to always be a click away. Oxford Dictionary has defined social media as, “Websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.” The problem that begins to get created through social media is that people have started to lose physical communications with one another.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Social media]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Technology has been a part of Americans’ lives for several years and continues to improve. It has given society an easier way to communicate with family and friends with one simple device, the cell phone. A cellular phone is the most common type of technology used by all groups of people including parents, teenagers, and even young children. The number of people who own a cell phone also continues to increase, causing a huge distraction on society. Cell phones seem to own a person as they depend on their phone for almost everything.... [tags: communication, smart phone, apps]
1421 words (4.1 pages)
- Social Media and The Effect It Has On Relationships It seems like everyone has a Facebook these days and are not afraid to use it. Social media has taken the world by storm. It comes in many different shapes and sizes, from Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, and more. It seems like people are constantly opening up their browsers or smart phones to update a status or photo, even if it is just a picture of the meal they are eating. Statistics show that 73% of adults use some sort of social networking site (Fleck & Johnson-Migalski, 2015).... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Social network service]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- Nowadays, our busy American lives have gotten busier and complex than before. Some of the reasons for this is the fact that both parents in a household most likely are working a full time job and the kids are pre-occupied with after school activities, such as sports, band, or just locked in their room finishing up their homework. When and how do we communicate with each other. What kind of social media tool do we use to communicate. In my house, my wife works 1st shift from 7:00am-3pm and I work 2nd shift from 3:30pm-1am.... [tags: Social media, Communication, Full-time]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- The Impact of Smart Phones to Society Have you ever looked around at society and realized just how much of an impact to our daily lives that a smart phone has. In 2015 Nielsen group reported that ever four out of five phones purchase is a smart phone(www.govtech). Technology grows more with each passing day. Personal Computers range in sizes from desktops to smart phones. Among one of the smallest and newest personal computers is the smart phone which was created in 2007 (www.govtech.com).... [tags: Mobile phone, Internet, Laptop]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Nowadays, our busy American lives has gotten even more busier and complex than before. Some of the reasons for this is the fact that both parents in a household most likely are working a fulltime job and the kids are pre-occupied with after school activities, such as sports, band, or just locked in their room finishing up their homework. When and how do we communicate with each other. What kind of social media tool do we use to communicate. In my house, my wife works 1st shift from 7:00am-3pm and I work 2nd shift from 3:30pm-1am.... [tags: Social media, Communication, A Great Way to Care]
957 words (2.7 pages)