With the technological advance, social media is in its golden era. It becomes a huge hub for expressing ideas and promoting rapid communication. The world goes crazy with social media and rapidly participates in this hot communicating trend. This turns social media into the vast broadcasting tool that corporations try to use as new propaganda channels. That mindset leads to huge investment on social media activities. Small business, medium companies, even big corporations gradually go online. Many business activities involve social media. Investment funds rush into social media meanwhile researchers try to analyze and evaluate social media’s effects. Their result turns out that most of investments do not work well as planning. When social media first appears, it actually strengthens branding and business performance. However, it is no longer a Midas hand for brand anymore. Social media gives a valuable chance for brand to directly access with users, but it also provides users option out of brand propaganda channel. In addition, social media still has its side effects. For these reasons, corporations must have strong strategy when they want to improve branding on social media.
Social media is a powerful publishing channel so that companies use it as a dominant tool in their business activities. More and more United States (US) companies engage with social media in many activities: recruiting and evaluating employees, communicating with partners, and encouraging internal conversation (Barnes, 2010). In Barnes’ research, social media is not a strange subject in business. This communicating trend promptly infiltrates and becomes a formal tool for business activities. Coming with this social network trend, busin...
... middle of paper ...
...eate problems. As a consequence, when the market becomes competitive, companies struggle with social media solutions. Many experts are aware of the situation as early as it happens, they have warned and advised companies. However, corporations take long time to realize this. They look for many experts’ advices in order to find a successful trail. Literally, this is the time for companies to evaluate and set up sustainable strategy for social media. If companies can harness the communicating wild wolf, they can get back their glamour time. The point is strategy. Companies chase technology and forget their basic control and planning system. These are fundamental factors for any business success. Social media is just a tool. Behind the success, every activity needs suitable strategy coming from business expert or team, in order to make a good movement in business world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Do you remember when the term “social media,” meant sitting on the porch with your friends talking about the day’s events. Whether we like it or not, social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and internet blogs are here to stay. These sites offer children and adolescents a doorway into social networking, gaming, and entertainment more than ever before. Social media website use is one of the fastest growing and most common daily activities among today’s children. Facebook now has over 7.5 million American kids under the age of 13 with open accounts (Clinton & Steyer, 2012).... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Facebook, Adolescence]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- “Being connected opens the door to a world of learning and sharing.” (Jerry Blumengarten). Social media is a widely used platform of connection and communication today. People across the globe are able to connect instantly with others, whether through Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. With a click of a mouse or a tap on a screen, people are able to express themselves and share details about their lives to others. In turn, people are able to stay informed about other’s lives as well. As our lives become busier, social media becomes increasingly popular by the day, and it has become a part of daily life for many individuals.... [tags: Sociology, Social media, Facebook, Communication]
700 words (2 pages)
- As technology increases and develops in this century, the use of social media increases as well. Schools have begun adapting it, using it as their tool to inform students of any school related news. However, using it as a tool for learning is a different story. By using it as a tool, it can push you off your course with classes. Social media is something that is not needed at school grounds. Schools should not require social media use in classes. First of all, schools should keep students focused during classes.... [tags: High school, College, Social media, Education]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- Consumed Social media has grown to become a norm in society today. Everyone from young children to elderly persons is using some form of social media. The short essays, “Douse the Online Flames” by Andrew Keen. “Virtual Companionship” by Jeremy Rifkin. “Why Twitter Will Endure” by David Carr. “What Adolescents Miss When We Let Them Grow Up in Cyberspace” by Brent Staples. Last, “Virtual Friendship and the New Narcissism” by Christine Rosen. These essays are arguing the negative effects that social media has on people.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Internet, Web 2.0]
1559 words (4.5 pages)
- All of the information used in this essay is from the article "Social Media" on Wikipedia other outside sources includeScienceDaily.com, WordPress.com, and Letstalkaboutinformationtechnology.com. How many times have you heard follow me on Twitter. Or add me on Facebook. Although social media is a great tool in promoting businesses and build on relationships, it can also have very negative effects on us mentally. Social media can cause us to lose our sense of concentration. It can also create false presumptions of what happiness is based on a fake reality.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, A Great Way to Care]
1385 words (4 pages)
- A number of research studies have been conducted on the influence of social media ( (facebook, twitter, etc.) to young people’s political activeness nowadays. Many theories have been used to examine this issue and to explain the observed phenomenon. This means different aspects of examination from the previous studies on mainstream media (newspaper, broadcast, etc.) discourse to study the effects of social media on what kinds of political issues young people are thinking of. This study will try to examine how does social media’s coverage of political issues affect the political participation among young people between age 18 to 25, and especially how do the speeches of opinion leaders on soc... [tags: Mass media, News media, Sociology, Media studies]
1514 words (4.3 pages)
- How do you define beauty. Is the word thin or muscular in that description. What would you do to achieve that description. One of the largest issues in the world today would be the impact that the internet has on people. Social media today is negatively impacting and influencing the way people look at themselves; the idea of having the “perfect” body can be a damaging physical and mental chain of events. Social media can cause many physical damages to both men and women in today’s society. Body image is how people picture and view their bodies, as well as how someone else sees them.... [tags: Mass media, Media, Advertising, Body image]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Continuing to daily use social media sites has socially isolated us. It has become common and “normal” for people to be seen constantly on their phones checking the latest news of social media. The attachments to our phones have formed introverted personifications that have changed the way we see relationships. We are dependent on social media sites to stay in touch with our friends, however, we are snooping rather than communicating. It is related to the pressure we feel we need to give into due to the fear of missing out (Fox, & Moreland, 2015, p.... [tags: Social media, Communication, Facebook]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Social media is a big contributor to the way adolescents think. Social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr can all influence adolescents whether they realize it is doing so or not. Children and teenagers alike both use social media daily to interact and socialize with their friends and family members. Some of the effects social media has on adolescents are the way they develop and maintain relationships, how well they are doing in school, and how they seem to manage their time.... [tags: Social network service, Facebook]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- The effects of the social media on the individuals and the societies has been a remarkable controversial debate over the past decade. In fact, social media has become inseparable part of our lives. It is not a new thing and has various forms. It emerged in the late seventies and the early eighties with the emergence of USENET, Bulletin Board System, AOL, etc. In around 1994, private internet service providers came with new technology revolution in the major cities of the USA. This gave a golden chance to the millions of people to come online and gave them the access to the internet.... [tags: Social media, Social network service, Facebook]
1673 words (4.8 pages)