Nowadays, computers and the Internet are developing very fast. Social media is not an exception. Computer users have a lot of choices when they use the social media, and it is becoming a part of people’s life. Some people said the social media is very useful. On the other hand, others claim that these are too many serious problems for people who using it. In my opinion, I strongly agree with both that the social media is not only having advantages, but it also has many disadvantages. There are some reasons to explain why they have my agreement.
First of all, the social media is a new market to earn money for many companies. They can earn lots of money from lease to rental their sites to do a digital marketing. As we know facebook, twitter and youtube can earn over a hundred thousand dollar a day by advertising. The Internet and the social media are increasing to become the best market to promote and spread out the influence of their products. There are a lot of companies that have great success when using it to develop their business. For example, M...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Slavery: The Double-Edged Sword To be black is to be naturally inferior; this was the mindset of the American South in the beginning of the 19th century. African Americans were confined to slavery with no means to change their situation or to escape the abuse that often accompanied their position. Slaves endured all forms of physical and mental punishment whose sole purpose was to keep them inferior to their white suppressors. Slaves were maintained through ignorance; they had their self-identity stolen from them and were kept illiterate to prevent them from questioning what power kept them oppressed and to prevent them from spreading word of the brutalities they faced.... [tags: Douglas, Blight, early American history]
1333 words (3.8 pages)
- China’s Double Edged Sword Interregnum, painted by the Chinese artist Hung Liu, is a massive oil painting created circa 2002. With the intentional application of several principles and elements of art in her work, Liu effectively depicts her late Asian culture’s traditional aspects while also exposing the harsh reality of China’s Communist society. Hung Liu incorporates a variety of styles into Interregnum while also utilizing color and line to visually communicate the subject matter to the viewer.... [tags: China, Tang Dynasty, Chinese calendar]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- The effects of the social media on the individuals and the societies has been a remarkable controversial debate over the past decade. In fact, social media has become inseparable part of our lives. It is not a new thing and has various forms. It emerged in the late seventies and the early eighties with the emergence of USENET, Bulletin Board System, AOL, etc. In around 1994, private internet service providers came with new technology revolution in the major cities of the USA. This gave a golden chance to the millions of people to come online and gave them the access to the internet.... [tags: Social media, Social network service, Facebook]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- Nowadays, we are living in the “ technology world”, digital’s century, science and technology are being devolopped like a rain-storm, people try their best effect to serve for human’s infiniti demand. Internet in general and social network in particular are exceedingly funtional tools. Indeed, with over 1.3 billion active users in June,2014 ( Wikipedia), there is no suprise that Facebook has been becoming a leading social network in the world, “Facebook was not originally created to be a company.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Sociology]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- Viewing Led Zeppelin’s daily adventure at any time would seem impossible forty years ago, today it takes at least ten seconds to see what Drake has done the past week. Social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook have allowed average people to instantly interact with celebrities. While instant access to information seems useful, too much of a good thing can be bad. The vast amount of information social media provides has created a debate on whether social media benefits or harms society. Some believe that social media encourages increased interaction with others and allows instant access to useful information.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Web 2.0]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- In today’s society, social media has become such a big part of our daily lives, affecting not only our “social” lives, but our works lives as well. Social media in the workplace can be a valuable tool for businesses but it can also cause serious problems on the job. Employers are faced with the need to develop social media policies that allow the company to secure the positive benefits of social media use while minimizing the negative effects. Problems occur when employees abuse the ability to have Internet access for personal use during work hours, post inappropriate things which negatively affects their online presence, or issues can easily arise in the hiring process.... [tags: Employment, Social media, Working time, Facebook]
2133 words (6.1 pages)
- As most of you may know by now Facebook is the No.1 most popular social media platform with over 29 million users in the UK, it was created by Mark Zuckerberg in 2004 while he was attending Harvard University; Facebook connects you with friends and family across the world, the use of social media has greatly impacted our society as we know it, social media has taken the form of controlled isolated bubbles leading us to believe we are mingling with fellow peers and strangers from the far corners of our planet, are we really connected.... [tags: Facebook, Social media, Sociology]
1067 words (3 pages)
- Social networking sites are like cakes. As all know, cakes are sweet or delicious. When people eat cakes, they will feel comfortable and full. However, when people eat more cakes, the disadvantages of cakes will appear, such as gaining weight. Social Networking sites are also like a double-edged sword for relationships. Sometimes social networking sites will help relationships, and sometimes it will harm relationships. When users use social networking sites, users can easily keep friendships with old friends and make new friends, users can find more topics for people to communicate, and social networking sites can enhance relationships between friends and avoid some embarrassing topics.... [tags: Social network service, Facebook, Twitter]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Analysis of New Social Movement Theory Works Cited Not Included In Johnston, Laraña, and Gusfield’s discussion of New Social Movement (NSM) theory, they identify the concept as a “double-edged sword,” in that is has both related itself to the changing shape of society but also overemphasized the newness of its model, almost divorcing itself from previous social movement theories instead of acknowledging and assessing the similarities between them and integrating what is useful from theories of the past.... [tags: Sociology Social Movements Essays]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- African-American people have had to mount over many obstacles to get their standing today. First was the selling of their people into slavery. Then, they endured slavery itself, being treated like animals. After slavery was abolished, colored people still had to deal with racial discrimination, demoralization, subjugation and hatred, especially colored women. Black women have had to face unbelievable odds at obtaining self-assurance. African-American woman have had to deal with being black and female, a double-edged sword.... [tags: The Color Purple Essays]
947 words (2.7 pages)