The whole marketing platform has changed with the introduction of Social Media. It is proved that developing social media has improved the marketing platform. According to many marketing consultants, social media marketing efforts get up to 50% better return than tradition average tv or radio spot (Horovitz). These reviews show the growing connection American has with social media. Also, according to my research, “more than 80% of small companies use social media to promote their businesses list Facebook as their top marketing tool, followed by LinkedIn and Twitter, according to a recent survey of 2,292 small businesses by Webs” (Loten). This information shows the impact of social media on small businesses. According to Penenberg, “ Social networking sites, a component of social media, was responsible for more than 13.8 billion display advertisements in...
... middle of paper ...
...pparent that social media is a valuable tool for businesses on the global and social level; however, there are ethical concerns and other issues connected with the use of social media by business. My research has shown that social media has positive impacts on global businesses, specifically with regard to customer relationship with management, and effectively in marketing. Nevertheless, social media has negative impacts on global businesses; for example, social media tends to reduce privacy, and security for the company if not used correctly. The most common ethical concerns associated with companies using social media include privacy and reputation, truth and honesty, security. Overall, businesses can benefit significantly and increase the effectiveness of social media marketing and communication if social media applications, and internet sites are used correctly.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- From our reading and our day to day lives, it has become apparent that we must be connected, our lives are lived both in realtime and online. The social part of the internet has become for many second nature, for some it is just as important (and perhaps for some more important) than their actual lives. We share more and more online, we talk more, create friendships and we share things together (take the UoPeople as a perfect example). Our use of social media has grown almost as much as our use of the internet, Bosari (2012) highlights that 43% of people aged 20-29 spend more than 10 hours a week on social media sites.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Business]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- The Importance of Social Media in the World of Business Through these past years, social media has taken communication to a new level worldwide and, new technology has taken place at the beginning of this century. In this generation, social media has become an important part of people’s daily life around the world. Social media is defined as online websites, and applications that users use to share content on the internet. Some of the popular social media tools, and sites includes: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and many others.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Facebook, Internet]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- In today's modern era, the world is being more competitive and aggressive, in order to prepare for success and take up challenges well ahead. Teenagers, those who are age between 13 to 18 years old, are encouraged to have part-time jobs while studying. According to the US, National Center for Education Statistics of 2007-2008, 79 percent of teenagers in working while they were in college. We can realize that in many schools or colleges offer part-time job in or out campus to their students without affecting their studies.... [tags: part time jobs, working teen]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- Social media is an important part of today 's society; It bestows us with our identity as a country while strengthening our qualities and norms. Himani Bannerji, a Bengali-Canadian writer, sociologist, and philosopher, notes that the media provide us with images of “prescription and description.” Social media promotes a belief of peace and tranquility, equality, and that we are better being complacent with life because if not, coverage of those that stray from the crowd, are constantly presented with the threat of a dystopian society.... [tags: Sociology, Twitter, Racism, Race]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- A Change in Literacy “Literacy—the ability to access, evaluate, and integrate information from a wide range of textual sources—is a prerequisite not only for individual educational success but for upward mobility both socially and economically,” states Sean Reardon (18). Literacy plays a significant role in civilized society. As Reardon mentioned, literacy is an important part of social and economic progression; therefore, it is unsurprising that thousands of dollars are poured into the education system each year to ensure that students can be considered literate.... [tags: Literacy, Reading, Writing]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- Facebook has become an important part of today’s society. Facebook offers many things all on one social network. Facebook can be used for entertaining, communication, and being able to share information for everyone to see at once. It offers people an easier way to connect with old friends and family, keep people updated, and an easier way for communication. It also allows you to find out about various issues in the world, whether it be news, media, or just any type of current events in general.... [tags: Facebook, Social network, Social network service]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Technology has become an important part of modern society. There was not always a time where a person could leave the house and send a friend a text message letting them know he or she were on the way over. No, the person would usually just show right up at his or her friend’s house, or how about the daunting task of doing research for a school assignment having to look through the school library for the answers. Technology has made a these things a bit easier. Since technology early introduction in the world it has changed significantly.... [tags: Mobile phone, Internet, Text messaging]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- The Internet is progressively developing and becoming an indispensable part of human life. People are likely to access information and news through the Internet, especially social media, more than traditional media like T.V, newspapers, magazines, or radio. Therefore, many business organizations take advantage of this trend to reach their customers more effectively and conduct their domestically and internationally commercial activities more easily. With the global and collaborative characteristics, social media technologies not only can help maintain relationships with customers and communication between internal employees, but also can support the product innovation and decision-making.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- Computer based information systems are an important part of the world today. We use them to make educated decisions that would have been just plain guesses in years past. We use them to collect data from all sorts of different sources and to turn all that raw data into useful information. The information that is created is shown to us in many ways. It can be in the form of reports, graphs, images, or even sounds. They can even help an organization gain a competitive edge on their rivals. Organizations can use computer based information systems to gather consumer data to judge which of their products is selling the best to get a feel for what they should be working on next.... [tags: Computer, Operating system, Internet, Information]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- Hacktivist, live and stated goal in life is to end the corruption in the world’s governments and support important social messages. The accomplish this mission through the use of leaking top secret information from government servers or defacing the website of a company that does not properly secure their users personal information. While the general ideology of Hacktivist is important and has a huge impact in the hacker culture, it is but one immense part of a equally as massive pond. From the hackers who work for the government to the men or woman who hide their faces and disguise their voices that you hear about on the news.... [tags: Black hat, Hacker, Grey hat]
1981 words (5.7 pages)