The earth has turned into a global village bringing the societies much closer to each other, and having a strong impact on the lives of individuals. Individuals all over the world are linked together through different sources. These sources are known as the social networks as they are connecting different individuals of different societies all around the globe.
It is a common thing that whenever two or more individuals interact with each other, they made some impact on each other. Likewise, when they use different sources (networks) for interaction, these networks also make impacts on the social lives of individuals. Communication, collaboration and the ethics are the main aspects of communal lives which are affected by these networks laying an importance on the study of social impacts of social networks. These impacts can be positive or negative depending upon the usage of these networks.
Social networks have gained popularity in the recent times. They have considerable social influence. In the modern times, most of new relations are formed, or broken, on the internet. Social media campaigns and social awakening are mostly done on the social media platform. The platform serves as a propaganda stage also. The mass communication and individual communication of the modern times is done on social media.
Viewpoints Of Authors
The psychology of social media use is complex. (Wilcox & Stephen, 2013) have represented a case where Facebook users were tested in accordance with their usage of the website. The study checked the users’ affiliation with the website and their attitude towards their real life relations. Studies have shown that the perception of self-esteem in self is associated with a person’s u...
... middle of paper ...
...n, collaboration and ethical points.
There is little dissimilarity between the discussions of the authors. Rook is more concerned about the health and care issues related to the social networking, whereas, Bowles is more concerned with the way of communication, collaboration and at the end using that for the ethical improvement of the societies.
In the era of globalization, communication has become a main driver for the societies to exchange knowledge. Everyone is measuring and analyzing the cultures across the societies. For this different means of communication are used by the individuals of societies like social networking. Social networking has both the positives and negatives depending upon their uses by the members. It is the requirement of the time that attention must be aid to minimize the negatives and to improve the positives of such networks.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The conclusion from the research of this paper indicates that social networks sites are here to stay. Social network sites need to convey a sense of responsibility. Based on the increasing level of social sites engaging in ecommerce, communication and socialization, the need of privacy protection is passed on to individuals. What this research paper has demonstrated is that there are implications users need to be aware of before signing up and placing their profile on these social network sites.... [tags: Social Networks]
837 words (2.4 pages)
- The topic I have chosen to write about is one that has been my theme throughout the past four years in school. It has been something that has come to light so to speak, since I have been acquiring my education and enlightening my senses of the world around me. I have chosen to look at the topic of how technology has impacted some developmental aspects of society. Specifically I would like to look at a meta-analysis on how a responsible society perceives its position is within the development of each evolutionary leap of technology in the past ten years.... [tags: self-reflection, social networks, facebook]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Social networking is known all across the world and the users are increasing. In our society, people feel like social networking is the best way to communicate and meet new friends or keep in touch with old ones. To some people, it’s just a way to see what other people are doing and to catch up with long distant friends and family members. However, only a handful of people have realized the harms of social networking to our society. This society is so naïve about social networking they don’t think about the impact it has on them and ow its hurting you more than helping you Reports from ProCon’s online article “Are Social Networking Sites Good for our Society” states various wa... [tags: Social network service, Social network aggregation]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- Today, millions of people around the world use social networking sites to keep in touch with friends and family. Websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram are some of the most popular social media sites used today. However, this was not always the case. Over time, social networking evolved into what it is today, but when did it all start. What impact have social networks had on society and the economy. Social Networking in its early stages can be traced back to the 70s and 80s. During that time, social networks did not look nor perform as they do today.... [tags: Social network service, Facebook, Web 2.0]
709 words (2 pages)
- Twitter, Skype, Facebook these are just a few of the online social networks we utilize day to day, which has made connecting to others easier than before. A social network is a structure made up of individuals or organizations that are tied by one or more specific types of relationships such as friendships. Although traditionally operated with person to person contact, it is now more popular online through social media networks such as Facebook and Skype. There are millions of persons with wide ranges of personalities who are looking to develop new friendships or to simply become a part of a group in order to share information on these websites.... [tags: Social Networking ]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Social networks have certainly managed to link people more effectively in the internet world than in daily life. Unfortunately, like everything in life where there is a large common good and progress in society; there is also a dark side that overshadows and produces a range of threats and consequences that must be addressed to avoid causing further damage. For example, social media can alienate people from their normal lives, and cause distractions in workplaces. Social media can also have a negative impact on cognitive skills, the health of individuals, and pose serious risks to the security of private data of individuals.... [tags: Social network service]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Relational Impact Relationships can build our brains. Social networking tends to allow for a broad sense of community. “Social relationships play important roles in childhood development, with social skill mastery predicting important social outcomes. Children must master several aspects of social competence and self-control (self-esteem, social anxiety, aggression control, and general social skills) in order to adequately perform in social settings.”(Harmon, 3) There are many positive ways to build up real-life relationship via the Internet such as real-time video chats, photo or video sharing, and collaborative editing managements.... [tags: relational impact, social networking]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- Enslaved by Social Media In today’s society, we are surrounded by the use of technology, mobile phones, computers, and tablets that easily lead us to going online to surf the web. In addition to the use of technology everywhere, social media has also become one of our best friends. Although social media is known to have helped us connect and communicate with almost everyone we want, the effects of it is certainly building up as social media addiction has become a common thing among many of us here in the 21st century.... [tags: Internet, Social network service, Twitter]
1416 words (4 pages)
- Introduction The world has evolved into a technologically savvy and dependent society with the Internet readily available to many. Convenience and connection are vital to individuals, especially within the United States. Social networking sites have progressed to fit the demanding desires of today’s technological era (Albarran 118). The progression from the first social networking sites, such as Friendster or instant messaging, to the sites used today, such as Facebook and Twitter, has made a significant impact on society.... [tags: Facebook, Social Media, Twitter]
3619 words (10.3 pages)
- Social media is define as a subset of web 2.0 technologies that include all online social networks, Weblogs, Wikis, Twitter, and Facebook, text messaging, among others, which provide online collaboration, information sharing, and collective intelligence for the people (Van Niekerk & Maharaj, 2013). It has revolutionized the way people communicate and socialized on the web. This essay will be focusing on the social media impact on society through election campaign, military operations, civil disturbances, transparency, personal privacy, and organization reputation.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Twitter]
1089 words (3.1 pages)