Many of us have dealt with differing personalities at work and through our normal day-to-day activities. As leaders, it is imperative that we understand our own strengths and weaknesses as well as those around us. Performance and team dynamics are very much influenced by behavior styles and differing personality traits. As leaders, or individuals, the ability to measure and capture personal traits and behavioral, or personal branding styles, are key to the success of organizations.
There are many tools out there that organizations and individuals use to understand how the pieces of the team puzzle fit together to create a high performance atmosphere. Leadership traits and the ability to evaluate, assess and communicate performance accurately is extremely important, “within the personal branding movement, people and their careers are marketed as brands complete with promises of performance, specialized designs, and tag lines for success” Lair, 2005). 360 degree performance and 360 individual analyses are analysis tools that provide performance and individual branding methods.
360 Degree Analysis - Team
For some of Team E, we have worked in environments that used the 360 degree performance measurement approach to evaluating employees. The good is that the evaluation will capture a broader review of the performance of employee's. Internal and external points of contacts are used to assess performance. For those that deal with external parties, it is a great tool in evaluating how an employee reflected the organization brand, best business practices and procedures as well as how well they performed their tasks.
After research, some of our team found that 360 performance assessments enabled people...
... middle of paper ...
...eir consumers an appealing, proven strategy to negotiate the chaotic employment environment around them”. Certified analysts can take information provided via the Reach 360 analysis and give feedback to assist individuals with professional development. The team feels it is a good tool to help us find and polish our professional brand in a competitive marketplace.
Lair, D. J., Sullivan, K., & Cheney, G. (2005). MARKETIZATION AND THE RECASTING OF THE PROFESSIONAL SELF: The rhetoric and ethics of personal branding. Management Communication Quarterly : McQ, 18(3), 307-343. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/216361262?accountid=458
Rampersad, H. K. (2008). A NEW BLUEPRINT FOR POWERFUL AND AUTHENTIC PERSONAL BRANDING. Performance Improvement, 47(6), 34-37. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/237242383?accountid=458
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Assessment of Personality This paper introduces the overview of personality assessment approaches in use currently in society. It proceeds to review the big five personality measures, its validity in prediction of personality types (Archer & Smith, 2011). Aspects on the social desirability trait and the distortion produced in responses to evaluation questionnaires, being a significant part of the problems in personality assessment is examined. Personality constructs have been demonstrated to be useful for explaining and predicting attitudes, behaviors, performance, and outcomes in organizational settings (Ones, Dilchert, Viswesvaran, & Judge, 2007).... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
1995 words (5.7 pages)
- Throughout my life, people would have never considered me a leader because of my reserved and shy nature. Their image of a leader was someone outgoing and charismatic, so they couldn’t comprehend how I could have been an ideal leader. They essentially overlooked my leadership qualities. Sometimes it was due to my culture and gender. I’m a Mexican woman and in my culture women are seen and not heard. I remember growing up my dad once told me that a woman’s place was in the kitchen. So growing up I didn’t view myself as a leader because I was constantly overlooked for who I was.... [tags: Leadership, Personality psychology]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- The MBTI and NEO-PI-3 are two personality assessments that can be used by researchers and psychologists to assess clients, or by everyday people looking to get a better understanding of their personality and resulting behaviors. While reading through and evaluating the results I received, many similarities and few differences regarding my personality and resulting behavior were found. Personality assessments are known to not be entirely accurate in assessing a person’s personality and as a result, there can be inconsistencies between the results and someone’s actual beliefs.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1409 words (4 pages)
- To maintain well-being of body and mind, one must engage in a routine of exercise regularly (Szabo, 2013). However, no one could engage in all forms of exercise, some people’s personality may suits certain exercises. Tok (2011) stated that a person’s level of extraversion and neuroticism influences his/her decision of their desired sport. Therefore, I will make up a detailed personality profile for myself to co-relate which activity I am going to partake. Workout plans made will serve as guideline, along with motivational strategies for me to regularly engage in this activity.... [tags: running, physical exercise, workout plan]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- After taking the Myers Briggs Personality Assessment I was labeled an ENFP. An ENFP is extraverted, intuitive, feeling, and perceiving. These qualities make up a person with traits like energetic, outgoing, and good with people. ENFPs are in touch with themselves and have a strong sense of where they want to go in the future which also helps them get what they want. They can typically work logically and rationally, working backwards towards a set goal. ENFPs have both negative and positive traits that I know I possess and demonstrate fairly often.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- Personality Assessment Before taking this test, I began to think every open-minded about this five factor personality assessment. During this assessment, I realized that I was asked too little of information for this assessment to determine my exact personality. After, I received this screen telling my personality. There were five main factors and I was also told a score for all five factors. The factors were extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, neuroticism, and openness. Extraversion is the trait that reflects our preference and behavior in social situation.... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- How much information would you accept from a test that claims it can tell you all about yourself after you answer a few questions. These online psychological tests state that by taking them we can find out more about ourselves. Intelligence testing and personality assessments could be a way to find out a deeper version of yourself, but they could also be a way to box you into a generalized idea of who you are supposed to be. We should not rely on these tests alone to find a more deeper understanding of ourselves because your character can not be summed up with one phrase or number.... [tags: Intelligence quotient, Intelligence]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- This paper examines the individual personality assessment conducted from the Myer-Briggs Personality test. After completing the assessment, an evaluation of each trait will be examined as relates to everyday life. Introduction Our culture influences our personalities and beliefs and naturally it is a part of who we are. “Culture is the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterize a society, or in the business sense, an organization” (Satterlee, 2009, p.42). Personality test offers a more in-depth understanding of our personality traits, behavior tendencies and so forth.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology, Personality]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- My Personality Assessment In counseling psychology, there are many tools and therapeutic treatments including assessments to help the counseling process between the therapist and client. According to Hays (2013), “Assessment is beneficial in counseling because it provides information for both counselors and clients so they can understand and respond to the client concerns as well as plan and evaluate programs” (p. 6). Among the many assessments that are being used, there are evaluations focused on personalities, intelligence, abilities, and careers.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Running is very good for humans in many different ways. It is a great way to get exercise, and a great way to meet new people. There are many positives, and some negatives, it is easy, enjoyable and makes humans more social, you can do it at anytime, and it relieves stress rather than give stress. Although there are some negatives with running, there are also many positives. Many people run because of the health reasons. It is good for the heart and lungs and people run in the fresh air. Running outside rather than inside is good for you too because of the fresh air.... [tags: exercise, running, ]
584 words (1.7 pages)