Has smoking personally affect the users? If the user answers no, then the users is wrong. It affects the user 's health even if the user does not smoke, Smoking also affects the place that the user lives; because it damages our environment. Even if the user is not around smoke on a daily basis, more than likely someone in the user family is, which means if they get sick from an illness of cigarettes, turns out this really does affect the user. How can something this small, have such an adverse effect on our world today. Smoking should be illegal because of the harmful effects it has on the body, the environment, and those around the smoker.
What is the clarification as to why smoking bad for the user? There are so many reasons, but the toxic filled little devils does so much more to the user than the user actually realize. The ingredients that they put into these little life sucking cancer rolls, are elements that the user should never think about putting into the user 's body. The three main additives present in cigarettes are Nicotine, Carbon Monoxide, and Tar. Nicotine is the first ingredient usually listed on the cigarette pack. Nicotine is an ingredient that is used to make up cigarettes. Although this is a carcinogenic ingredient, it is very addictive. Carcinogenic means that it has the potential to cause cancer (“Why is Smoking Bad”).
Furthermore when smokers try to quit, they usually cannot, or feel as if they cannot, that feeling stems from the addiction to nicotine. Other than for tobacco use, nicotine is commonly used as an insecticide, or in other words to kill insects. Exposure to a mass amount of the chemical can cause, vomiting, seizures, depression, and growth retardation. Nicotine acts...
... middle of paper ...
... For every one and a half cartons of cigarettes produced is one tree that is consumed. Cigarettes do not compose completely. Butts are the most common toxic waste found in cleanups. They also take the number one item found on California highways. Cigarette butts threaten our aquatic ecosystems with the toxic chemicals inside. They are highly toxic and leak into our fresh waters to reach our micro-organisms. Over one million cigarettes were removed from California beaches in 2010. Over the whole world over 1.69 billion pounds of cigarette butts end up as wastes. Most wildfires are caused by discarding cigarette butts. This hurts our wildlife, vegetation and property. Cigarettes pose a threat to our forests, homes, and parks (“Cigarette Butts Are Toxic Waste”). All of these things that the cigarette waste does to our environment affect us greatly in more than one way.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Smoking Should Be Illegal Has smoking personally affect the users. If the user answers no, then the users is wrong. It affects the user 's health even if the user does not smoke, Smoking also affects the place that the user lives; because it damages our environment. Even if the user is not around smoke on a daily basis, more than likely someone in the user family is, which means if they get sick from an illness of cigarettes, turns out this really does affect the user. How can something this small, have such an adverse effect on our world today.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco, Passive smoking, Cigarette]
1535 words (4.4 pages)
- Smoking cigarettes has no positive effect on oneself and one’s body. The complex smoke of the chemicals that are in a single cigarette is the leading cause of preventable death. Smoking cigarettes should be illegal. Smoking the extremely addictive nicotine and toxins into one’s body has immediate and long term effects on everyone. On the other hand, tobacco companies provide jobs to the people who depend on the industry across the world and impacts public and businesses. By making cigarette smoking illegal, the influence of family, friends, movie stars, and celebrity will decrease the influence of teens experiencing smoking.... [tags: Tobacco, Smoking, Cigarette, Nicotine]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Smoking should be illegal and banned from public places. Smoking is bad it can cause heart problems, its un healthy, it portrays a bad example, and it can kill people since it is known to be one of the number one cause of death that can be preventable in America. The numbers of people who smoke have increase over the years. Although they are equipped with the knowledge of how unhealthy smoking can be, people still choose to smoke. Smokers choose to subject themselves to the health risks of smoking.... [tags: Smoking, Lung cancer, Passive smoking, Health]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- What is the point in harming yourself and others just because you like to smoke. It is an addiction you can stop, but you just have to choose to stop. Cigarettes are responsible for thousands of deaths and smoking related diseases in the United States. Cigarettes don’t just affect you for a little bit it affects your whole life once you start. Cigarettes are something you may have to battle your whole life if you are addicted, it’s a mental and physical battle. Cigarettes should be illegal because cigarettes not only affect the smoker; cigarettes affect everyone around them too.... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Smoking, Lung cancer, Cancer]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- Have you ever wondered how many substances a cigarette has. There are more than 7,000 chemical components found in cigarette and hundreds of them are harmful to human health, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Smoking is one of the worst addictions for Americans and it is so hard to stop. Heart.org say that smoking can cause heart disease, strokes and other chronic lung diseases and can also increase the risk of obtaining cancer in the bladder, throat and mouth, kidneys, cervix and pancreas.... [tags: Smoking, Passive smoking, Lung cancer, Tobacco]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- In the world smoking cigarettes has become a trend for every age group. People of all races and religions smoke, some even do it because the religion encourages it, others do it purely for social fun. Selling and manufacturing cigarettes not only has negative impact on human consumer health, but in severe cases it can even lead to ailments and death. People need to ignore the positive outcome that cigarette business brings to the society and realize that the, $23 million dollars used every day for the purpose of making these companies bigger and better are dollars wasted.... [tags: Tobacco, Smoking, Tobacco smoking, Cigarette]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- It Should Be Illegal To Smoke In Private Homes With Children Secondhand smoke is smoke inhaled by nonsmokers that come from multiple things like cigarettes, tobacco pipes, or cigars, there are many other things that are smokable. There are other types of involuntary smoking that children could encounter, like ETC, (Environmental Tobacco Smoke), these types of smoke are not good for children to inhale at all, regardless of the type.... [tags: Smoking, Smoking ban, Lung cancer]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- Every year in Australia, according to Australia’s national Smoking Quit-line 15,000 people die from smoking. This number included, mothers, brothers, sisters, fathers, husbands and wives, which leaves a lot of irreplaceable vacancies in families across Australia. These losses could have all been avoided if smoking was banned in Australia. Which us to my point; I believe that smoking should be made illegal across the whole of Australia. Not only does smoking have a detrimental impact on our already fragile environment but the overall cost of cigarettes also has a negative impact on households.... [tags: Smoking, Passive smoking, Cancer, Cigarette]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- About ten million cigarettes are sold around the world on a daily basis. Facts like that makes one wonder of the affects that come along with smoking cigarettes. Although cigarette consumption is a growing market around the world, its production and sale should be made illegal due to its addictive additives, the physical toll it take on one’s body and the growing use of e-cigarettes. Addiction is a condition that results in a recurring behavior of a pleasurable substance or activity that becomes compulsive and interferes with ordinary life responsibilities.... [tags: Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- Cigarettes should be made illegal, as they damage the human body and have adverse effects on one’s quality of life. When it comes to cigarette smoking there are many different views on how it can affect a person. Cigarettes may not seem big, but for every single cigarette a person smokes eleven minutes is taken from their lives (Shaw 53). Another fact about cigarettes are that they are the number one killers of people. Although, not all smokers die from cancer or other illnesses inflicted by smoking for years.... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco, Smoking]
912 words (2.6 pages)