Smoking is very bad for your health. When you smoke you are shorting your life by four to five cause smoking can affect your breathing. It choses your esophagus which helps you breath. If you do not know what that feels like, you can get a normal size straw Breath through it while doing jumping jacks. Then use a smaller straw like the one people use for their coffee. While breathing through the coffee straw do the same amount of jumping jacks the same amount of time you did with the other straw. Try to breathe. It will be hard to breathe through the straw because you cannot get enough air. The reason how I know that was because at my old school there was people that showed us what all the harm that could come to the people that do smoke and show us a jar of some kind of black tar stuff that inside of your lungs when you smoke a lot. Plus another bad thing about the smoking is when the person is smoking around under kids and that could give the kid second hand smoke and I think that’s worse then the people that is doing the smoking, if someone wants to smoke they should go somewhere where there isn’t no kids around that would catch the smoking effect or none of the bad stuff.
I readied an article online over the effect of smoking and I guess I learn that smoking could also change the way your food taste so if you do ever start smoking you could think about the food that’s going to start tasting bad or start to noticing the food not tasti...
... middle of paper ...
...odents. And we know that in humans, chemicals from tobacco smoke reach breast tissue and are found in breast milk. That’s only the start of breast cancer so later on down the road it could be worse through out the year.
Smoking does do a lot of harmful things to the human body and if the smokers keep smoking through his life will be shorten by 4 to 5 five but not only they are hurting their self they are also hurting little one and the one that are non-smoker are still breathing in the air that the smoke is going in and that us effect them as will.
"Quitting Smoking | CHANTIX®(varenicline) Safety Info."
Chantix.com. Pfizer Inc., July 2013. Web. 24 Sept. 2013.
"Quitting Tobacco Use-Overview." WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 23 Oct. 2013.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 01 Aug. 2013. Web. 23 Oct. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- People start smoking for many different kinds of reasons. For most people, they start smoking when they are teenagers. During the teenage period, some young people are being rebellious and childish. Furthermore, some teenagers think that smoking cigarettes can help them look more mature. Therefore, they start to smoke cigarettes because they think that smoking cigarettes is cool, and they want their friends to idolize on them. Other people start to smoke cigarettes because of their friends and family members who influence them.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco smoking, Tobacco, Cigarette]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Smoking Is Murder Secondhand smoke can cause much more damage than people can imagine. It is the cause for severe asthma attacks, respiratory infections, ear infections and sudden infant death syndrome in children. Although the people being affected by secondhand smoke aren’t smoking themselves, it is a very growing problem around the world. There are many big companies that sell cigarettes such as Newport and Marlboro but organizations also exist in the world that are trying to influence smokers to stop smoking.... [tags: Passive smoking, Smoking, Smoking ban, Tobacco]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- Since realizing smoking is associated with many health problems such as cancer, many advertisements are designed purposely to the end cigarette smoking. An estimated 40 million adults in the United States currently smoke cigarettes. Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of preventable disease and death in the United States (CDC, 2016). Nowadays we are more conscious about how terrible smoking is for our health. Smoking cigarettes can be one of the most destructive things you can do to your body and yet millions of people around the world continue to do so.... [tags: Smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco, Nicotine]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Since realizing smoking is associated to many health problems such as cancer, many advertisements are designed purposely to the end cigarette smoking. An estimated 40 million adults in the United States currently smoke cigarettes. Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of preventable disease and death in the United States (CDC, 2016). Nowadays we are more conscious about how terrible smoking is for our health. Smoking cigarettes can be one of the most destructive things you can do to your body and yet millions of people around the world continue to do so.... [tags: Smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco, Nicotine]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- The tobacco industry is growing dramatically these days. While anti-tobacco education is provided, numerous projects are held and healthy life-style is promoted, smoking still remains popular among adolescent and adults. Even though this habit does not seem to be that big of a deal, tobacco users require medical and physiological help to quit. Tobacco smoking is still a growing problem in developing countries. Having checked the Tobacco Control Country Profiles of the United States America, Germany, India and Russia by World Health Organization (WHO), I can see that the developed countries are way stricter about smoking in public places.... [tags: Tobacco, Tobacco smoking, Smoking]
714 words (2 pages)
- Being someone that has experienced secondhand smoke in the past, it is not a very pleasant experience. Smoke can kill and another person’s bad habit should not make death’s judgement upon you. People fall victim to this atrocity every day; it is one of the most controversial topics that exist today. Should organizations be allowed to decide smoking habits in their limits; such as cities, college campuses, sporting venues, and other organizations. Organizations should be able to ban smoking if they wish to.... [tags: Smoking ban, Smoking, Passive smoking]
702 words (2 pages)
- Cigarette smoking is extremely dangerous to an individual’s health, yet a numerous amount of people continue smoking. Smoking is not only bad for the smoker’s health, but also for the people around them. In addition, thousands of dollars belonging to medical insurance companies are wasted because of smoker’s careless actions. Every person who smokes tabaccoo is putting themselves and others at risk for many diseases and possible, death. For these reasons, smoking should be banned in the United States.... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Smoking, Tobacco]
712 words (2 pages)
- For a country in our financial position the general health of Scotland is very poor. In some areas the average life expectancy is as low as 54 years old for men. A major cause of this is smoking. With the young in particular smoking is much more popular than it used to be. In October 2008, it was estimated that one third of 16-24 year olds smoke. This figure is at a 10 year high. In between the ages of 16-19 it is found that girls are more likely to smoke than boys. This has been recognised as a major issue for the country and there are several things being done to try to stop it, such as the smoking ban in public places which was enforced on March the 26th 2006.... [tags: Smoking, informative, expository]
456 words (1.3 pages)
- How shocking is it that 18.1% of Americans are smokers. The percent may not appear certainly large, but this number estimates to 42.1 million people (“Smoking”). Statistics show that the majority of smokers started at an early adolescent age. The highly addictive stimulant of nicotine makes it troublesome to quit the habit. Although many are aware of the dangers and warnings of smoking, each persist to grasp a cigarette and puff away. Cigarettes and all tobacco products should be outlawed because they impair health, create risks for non-smokers, and destroy the environment.... [tags: smokers, nicotine, second-hand smoking]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Smoking should be banned from public places. Studies show that smoking can lead to cancer. Not only does this put the smoker’s life at risk, it also affects the lives of non-smokers, including pregnant women. Smoking all together is a dangerous thing to do. It began thousands of years ago with the use or tobacco in South America (Libal 11). No one knew about the long-term health effects of smoking tobacco before the twentieth century. It was decades of cigarette use before society began to realize that a health crisis was emerging (Libal 13).... [tags: Social Issues, Smoking, Nicotine]
1234 words (3.5 pages)