However, smoking affects the immune system is the body’s way of protecting itself from infection and disease. Smoking compromises the immune system, making smokers more likely to have respiratory infections. Also smoking lead to many kinds of cancer diseases such as lungs ,trachea ,bronchus, esophagus, oral cavity and lip. However, according to Nordqvist, Christian over 480,000 people in the USA and 100,000 in the UK die because of smoking each year. So that mean approximately half of the people die because of smoking. In addition, male smokers are 23 times more likely to have lung cancer than those who have never smoked. Despite laudable tobacco control strategies in many countries, globally deaths from smoking continue to rise and are forecast to reach 10 million a year by the 2030 's. However, people have to cooperate to stop this behavior and make a solution by the government that should make policy to stop smoking in public places. , individual that family and friends supporting the smoker , and private that should stop product tobacco.
The government should care about the smoking problem because the government is the essential part to make the people avoid smoking. For instance , Universi...
... middle of paper ...
Smoking far surpasses of drinking when it comes to fatalities, for example, in the UK, there are 11 smoking-related deaths every hour compared to one an hour for alcohol (based on figures from local governments). However, who think alcohol risky than smoking is true with the physical things such as violence but not with the health. Diseases resulting from smoking more than alcohol. Moreover, the problem from drinking it can be solved, but the diseases resulting from smoking lead to death which is impossible to solve.
To sum up, Smoking is a global problem that is causing deaths and many diseases. Smoking causes numerous social, health and economic problems in a country. The problem can be solved by cooperating between the government, individual, and private. They must have bonded to help the smokers, clean the environment and spread awareness.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Smoking is not only one of the most dangerous things a person can do, but it is also one of the most deadly. Smoking is when one both inhales and exhales toxic fumes from cigarettes (“What is Smoking?”). Cigarettes contain a very addictive substance called nicotine. Nicotine is what gets these individuals hooked on smoking and can potentially be the reason why their lives will be ruined forever. Many people do not realize how life threatening smoking can be which is a really big problem. “Cigarette smoking causes more than 480,000 deaths each year in the United States.... [tags: Smoking, Lung cancer, Cigarette, Tobacco]
1444 words (4.1 pages)
- Teen Smoking In recent years, smoking has started to take over the lives of many teenagers. The number of teenagers smoking has increased dramatically in the last several years. This is a major problem because smoking can lead to sickness and major diseases that can lead to death. Teens tend to participate in this while out of the presence of an adult figure. Although teens should not be smoking in the first place, an adult figure should be around to help insure that their children are doing the right things, even when they are behind sealed doors with their peers.... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- In recent years, smoking has started to take over the lives of many teenagers. The number of teenagers smoking has increased dramatically in the last several years. This is a major problem because smoking can lead to sickness and major diseases that can lead to death. Teens tend to participate in this while out of the presence of an adult figure. Although teens should not be smoking in the first place, an adult figure should be around to help insure that their children are doing the right things, even when they are behind closed doors with their peers.... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- From many perspectives, the word smoking means different things to different people. Some might think smoking means relaxation while others might think of smoking as a harmful disease. Cigarettes were invented over a century ago. Since then, many people have started to smoke which has led to many issues that the world faces today. Smoking is a serious issue that needs the attention of all American citizens. Even though the United States cannot control what other countries think about this issue, they can definitely set an example for others to follow.... [tags: Nicotine, Smoking, Tobacco smoking]
1546 words (4.4 pages)
- Essay Three Claim: Smoking Laws Need To Be Changed People are exposed to it daily whether they want to be or not, all in the name of “tolerance.” For those who don 't smoke they are told that they must be tolerant of their neighbors especially in apartment complexes, because smokers have a right to smoke in their own homes. Non-smokers have rights just as well, and they are sick and tired of having their lungs filled with secondhand smoke. Secondhand smoke causes as much harm as smoking and leads to higher prevalence of heart disease and cancer.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco, Passive smoking]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- Cigarette smoking is extremely dangerous to an individual’s health, yet a numerous amount of people continue smoking. Smoking is not only bad for the smoker’s health, but also for the people around them. In addition, thousands of dollars belonging to medical insurance companies are wasted because of smoker’s careless actions. Every person who smokes tabaccoo is putting themselves and others at risk for many diseases and possible, death. For these reasons, smoking should be banned in the United States.... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Smoking, Tobacco]
712 words (2 pages)
- Recently smoking became as one of the biggest social problem, and that is debated by a lot of people. Smoking is not outlawed in many counties; for instance, Australia, Japan, and Singapore, but people should not smoke, so smoking should be outlawed and banned because of three disadvantages of smoking which are harmful effects for health, high dependencies, and public opinions. First of all, people need to consider how smoking affects their health. Burns DM (1991) said tobacco was composed by over 4,000 chemicals.... [tags: Lung cancer, Passive smoking, Smoking, Tobacco]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- In the United States, twenty-five percent of U.S. citizens, over the age of fifteen, smoke cigarettes (Cohan and George 1). Citizens smoke cigarettes to experience the effects of nicotine, a drug that calms your brain, which is located in the tobacco smoke. The nicotine drug is awful for the human body; however, it is very addictive causing humans to crave the drug. The leading cause of diseases and premature death is tobacco, which results in 440,000 deaths per year in the United States; tobacco smoke is a huge problem causing health issues from asthma and lung cancer (Cohan and George 1).... [tags: smoking, cigarettes, nicotine, tobacco]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- Smoking ban is one of the issues that many of West Virginia University are facing. This ban was stated as the policy number 57 under the name of tobacco free campus. Since smoking is starting to be a very global problem that all people from all over the world are facing, WVU wanted to keep their students healthy and try to reduce the smoking habit on the college students. So that means that the purpose of this policy is to make a rule that stops the students from using tobacco products at WVU campus or any place that is owned by the university.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco, Nicotine, Passive smoking]
2150 words (6.1 pages)
- Negative Consequences of Cigarette Smoking Everyone has a family member, friend, or co-worker who smokes. They have chosen to smoke, but by just being around them, many people are also smoking. Before one chooses to take this risk he should think what problems can he face because of it. There are many causes for smoking but effects of smoking are same. Smoking is a hazardous habit because it leads to addiction, disease, and high-risk pregnancy. Commercials show that smoking is a way to relax and to be cool by smoking cigarettes; they never show the negative side of it.... [tags: Cigarette Smoking Tobacco Addiction Essays]
560 words (1.6 pages)