The manufacturers claim that cigarette business brings a positive outcome to society. Cigarette smokers think that it is a way of relaxation and social interaction. They take this as a parcel of their daily life. Even taking it as far as relating them to a cup of coffee or a necessary part to a meal. In the 90’s doctors would sometimes prescribe or recommend smoking cigarettes for many ailments. When a boy or girl starts smoking he or she does not realize the bad effects of smoking a cigarette. He starts smoking it because seeing his peers smoke ...
... middle of paper ...
...arettes will do anything to keep making money. They will stay in business by keeping the business running under the table, as they are still enticed by the huge profit margins. This will create more problems, and we don 't need any more problems than cigarette companies already create. It may cause various harms to the community and lead to issues whole country will have to deal with. Smokers may be depressed and partake in harmful activities because of not having cigarettes. It may also increase the crime rate, since people would have to begin to trade cigarettes illegally. It can also bring burden to the government, since they nees to spend great amounts of money on hiring people to look for the illegal sale of cigarettes. Though the illegalization of cigarettes is clearly a good idea, it has some seriously negative effects on the people who are addicted to them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- About ten million cigarettes are sold around the world on a daily basis. Facts like that makes one wonder of the affects that come along with smoking cigarettes. Although cigarette consumption is a growing market around the world, its production and sale should be made illegal due to its addictive additives, the physical toll it take on one’s body and the growing use of e-cigarettes. Addiction is a condition that results in a recurring behavior of a pleasurable substance or activity that becomes compulsive and interferes with ordinary life responsibilities.... [tags: Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- Cigarettes should be made illegal, as they damage the human body and have adverse effects on one’s quality of life. When it comes to cigarette smoking there are many different views on how it can affect a person. Cigarettes may not seem big, but for every single cigarette a person smokes eleven minutes is taken from their lives (Shaw 53). Another fact about cigarettes are that they are the number one killers of people. Although, not all smokers die from cancer or other illnesses inflicted by smoking for years.... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco, Smoking]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- While cigarettes prices rise, and a new generation turns to smoking, tobacco companies profit more each year. Is the price of loved ones worth the deaths of family members and or friends. Is the price of medical bills due to smoking an expense needed in average society. Should the production and the sale of cigarettes continue to occur, knowing the lethal impact it has on human civilization. I believe the production and sale of cigarettes should be made illegal because it causes needless deaths, addicts a younger audience by design, and creates a financial burden.... [tags: Cigarette, Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking]
1050 words (3 pages)
- The sale of cigarettes and tobacco is a multi-billion dollar industry, but is it truly worth all the problems that stem from their use. Health care costs are extremely high due to all the health problems associated with cigarettes and tobacco. Even though research has proven time and time again the harmful effects of cigarettes, and the rising cost of health care caused by cigarettes our government will not take a stand and stop all manufacturing of the horrible toxins. Every year new medical reports are issued regarding the harmful effects of smoking cigarettes.... [tags: Argumentative, Persuasive, smoking, tobacco]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- ... In the end you just end up addicted to tobacco. Many people don’t know the real ingredients to what they are smoking. Don’t people know how many chemicals Tobaccos Company’s put in their cigarettes. Marlboro a well-known cigarette brand put some of the ingredients on their website. Marlboro has many ingredients that are not hazards to the human body, but they only show water, sugars, cocoa, carob bean, nature artificial flavors, and diammonium phosphate. What are the ingredients that harm the body.... [tags: detriments of smoking]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- I often wonder what are the reasons for people smoking, and was informed that some people began smoking when they are in their teens; they become addicted by the times they reach adulthood.Some have tried many time to quit. However, somhave returned to the smoking habit.It’s a habit that is tough to break; people have expressed, that the smoking for them was just for fun at the beginning. However, the habit of cigarette use in or society is such an addictive habit to break; for many young and senior citizens.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco smoking, Cigarette, Oxygen]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- Coming from a family of smokers, I have been around my share of nicotine products. As a young kid seeing my father and other relatives smoking cigarettes, I was unable to make the connection that they are very detrimental to my health. Against almost all of my elders warnings and pleads, I managed to find myself addicted to nicotine. I began smoking cigarettes off and on in high school along with a majority of my friends. This made it even harder to try and stop considering I was surrounded by people who were all willing to give me one.... [tags: Smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco, Hookah]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Most specialists smoke in those days, correct. Along these lines, you ought to smoke cigarettes as well. In the event that specialists do it so might you be able to. However, is that the case in today 's general public. This particular notice is tending to the group of onlookers that smoking is alright in light of the fact that specialists are advancing that it is beneficial for you, and it will even upgrade your life; on the other hand, this is not genuine. In those days, individuals suspected that smoking a cigarette was not unsafe.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- Secondarily, smoking cigarettes give the people some unique sensation and pleasure to the body that makes them keep wanting more. There are many people argued that cigarette smoking is helpful to people and that those also have the advantages for smoking it. Cigarette contains some substance that made people feel good because it stimulates their mood and help them relax. Boughton proclaims in her article “Smoking” that “... nicotine can act as either a stimulant or tranquilizer, which explains why some people report that smoking gives them energy and stimulates their mental activity, while others note that smoking relieves anxiety and relaxes them” (2090).... [tags: Smoking, Nicotine, Tobacco, Lung cancer]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- Smoking cigarettes is a very deadly addiction that, unfortunately, 42.1 million adults in the United States and 6.4 million children have. The reason why so many people get addicted to cigarettes because of nicotine. Medicinenet.com says that nicotine is “Made by the tobacco plant or produced synthetically. Nicotine has powerful pharmacologic effects (including increased heart rate, heart stroke volume, and oxygen consumption by the heart muscle), as well as powerful psychodynamic effects (such as euphoria, increased alertness, and a sense of relaxation).... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Cigarette, Tobacco smoking]
1146 words (3.3 pages)