The purpose of this essay is to focus on a strand of technology that has played a prominent role in this Development; Human Communications and Interface technology. The smart phone has proven to be the first fully embraced instance of this technology, allowing people to stay constantly connected with the internet and their friends wherever they may be. After exploring this technology in more detail and outlining its impact and our reliance on it, the essay will then discuss secondary technological advances which in-turn make the advancement of this strand of technology possible, before finally talking about what we will most likely be using in place of; or in tandem with our smart phones.
The way we interact with the world around us has developed significantly since the first desktop computers. First access to the internet for general, public use was really only available to those who were able to afford the large, expensive desktop computer systems, but as computing evolved and smaller, higher performing systems were becoming more available and affordable, our dependence on having this connection to the in...
... middle of paper ...
...in 10 years, and that if anything, it will exceed the expectations I have outlined. The technology I have discussed is already being developed, but the implications for our general use have not been discussed before. This level of interaction is just the next logical step in the development of mobile computing and interactions.
Goldsborough, R. (2010). Laptop as Desktop PC Replacement. Retrieved March 30, 2012, from http://search.proquest.com.libraryproxy.griffith.edu.au/docview/224872431?accountid=14543
Ni, L. & Zheng, P. (2006). Spotlight: The Rise of the Smart Phone. Retrieved March 30, 2012, from http://ieeexplore.ieee.org.libraryproxy.griffith.edu.au/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=1621016
Canalys. (2005). Worldwide smart phone market soars in Q3. Retrieved March 30, 2012, from http://www.canalys.com/static/press_release/2005/r2005102.pdf
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Over the last decade, we have witnessed technology develop from being something we were just becoming familiar with and slowly embracing, to what it has become now. Contemporary people now have a dependence on being able to communicate with our friends and colleagues wherever and whenever we need to, being able to access and share media on any device, and being able to work on the go and collaborate your ideas and documents with people across the globe. Technology has become truly invaluable to the modern world, and without it the world would suffer from drastic social and economic consequences.... [tags: Technology]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- Thanh Thien Pham Prof. Sylvia Garcia-Palauro ENGL 1301: Composition 1 36908 October 17, 2017 Have you ever wanted to immerse in an imaginary world that you can interact with. Many developers are creating this technology called Virtual Reality. It is a new exciting technology that will impact the way we live, not only for entertainment, but for many different purposes in our life as well. What is Virtual Reality (VR). Virtual reality is a rising technology that simulates a three-dimensional image or environment that can be interacted with.... [tags: Virtual reality, Smartphone, Therapy]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- Augmented Reality (AR) is a real time direct or indirect view of the physical real world that is enhanced or augmented with computer generated information. AR is both interactive and registered in 3D, combining real and virtual objects. AR enhances a user’s perception of the real world and the way they interact with it. The augmented Reality’s main purpose is simplifying the user’s life, by bringing virtual information to their immediate surroundings through an indirect view of the real-world environment.... [tags: Virtual reality, Augmented reality]
702 words (2 pages)
- Fortunately, our video visor is built from practical, inexpensive materials which are possible to find in most hardware or craft stores. We use a variation of 50mm or 30mm adjustable focal lenses to help accommodate to nearsighted or farsighted users. The video visor is worn on the face with an adjustable Velcro strap. We consider environmental sustainability vital and want to make the video visor from recycled plastic. Our design technology is a platform for other inventors and engineers to create mobile based content for viewing.... [tags: Augmented reality, Virtual reality]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- Everything You Need To Know About Output Devices What is an output device you ask. Well, an output device is anything that can convert electronic information into hard information. The most common form of an output device would be a printer. The printer would be the device that would take the electronic information from most commonly a computer and put it on to a piece of paper and now that electronic information would be information that can be read and used. Although, output devices are not limited to printers or hard information you can hold.... [tags: virtual reality, types of printers, display device]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- This research looks into the potential of augmented reality and more specifically spatial augmented reality. The purpose of this paper is to give the reader an understanding of what as well as where augmented reality has come from and how it is being used today. The paper will examine into different examples of augmented reality and how the term is not specific to a certain technology. The final part of the paper will look specifically into spatial augmented reality and its potential by examining research that has been conducted by universities and research boards.... [tags: film history, morton heilig]
2129 words (6.1 pages)
- Analyzing the looks of new furniture in home and its arrangement in various settings, without placing real furniture, is possible now. Company representatives not only talking & displaying about their products, but they can show where and in what way products can be arranged. Coca-Cola and IKEA are demonstrating their products in community apartments. Technology behind this way of doing business is Augmented Reality. Concept of Augmented Reality is not new. It started way back in 1968, when Ivan Sutherland developed first head-mounted display system to show computer generated wireframe drawings.... [tags: Reality, Virtual reality, Augmented reality]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- Years ago, no one could have ever imagined that an average person would have had an endless supply of knowledge at their fingertips. It is strange to think that schools today try to deny students of taking advantage of using electronics yet at the same time, it is completely necessary. It is safe to say that, while we can use it to our benefit, allowing the use of mobile phones can be extremely catastrophic if not handled correctly. An average person uses his or her phone for social interaction whenever he or she gets the chance.... [tags: Mobile phone, Personal digital assistant]
1344 words (3.8 pages)
- Dennis willis C++ P4 Will Virtual reality and augmented reality impact gaming technology. Virtual reality gaming could be the future of gaming, or it could be some overrated new gadget that people will play for a month and never use again. Augmented reality headsets are similar to VR, and they could be even more successful that VR. Even though there are several problems with vr and AR, I think that Vr will impact the gaming industry. Because it’s an amazing experience and Big tech companies have already joined the VR revolution.... [tags: Virtual reality, Augmented reality, Mixed reality]
1391 words (4 pages)
- ACCEPTANCE, naturally, is the challenge. Virtual Reality, on the opposite hand, presents a chance for hands-on experience otherwise hard to obtain. Alas, in virtual reality, it's tough to understand what's real. Virtual Reality is among the many types of computer technology that schools have started to use often in the past decade. In the United States and other developed countries, it is entering young people's classrooms as well. This trend a part of a larger determination to come up with a digital offering even further, dependent on cooperative usage and internet training to make the most of effectiveness and coverage of our content for the advantage of our clientele.... [tags: Virtual reality, Simulated reality]
810 words (2.3 pages)