As stated by Kroenke (2015), “Abstract reasoning is the ability to make and manipulate models.” (p.7). This abstract reasoning skill is extremely important to a business you need to be able to think fast and envision patterns precisely. This skill allows people to find a few ways to figure out a problem and are important in numerous jobs. Models are a key part of information systems, they can come in many different ideas and you must be able to structure them, but also interpret them and be able to explain them thoroughly to others. An example would be data models, which is how data is related to each other and how it can be processed or stored inside the system. Whatever business you work for one day, they could ask you to draw up a model to explain how the company’s sales are doing and ask you to demonstrate the relationship between the data offered, in order to figure out the problem.
As stated by Kroenke (201...
... middle of paper ...
...may benefit the most. Abstract reasoning is needed in every business because many types of models need to always be shown and explained regularly. Systems thinking is centered on interconnections and realizing how everything works together, this will give an understanding of why a problem would arise and how it can be fixed. Collaboration is huge in a business because the stronger your business is, the more likely it is to succeed. The more power and knowledge that a business has, will open up many opportunities for it to stay on track with what it wants to do. One person will not be able to do everything on their own, they need others to collaborate with them about each idea they share. Experimentation is key for the formation of new ideas and products for consumers. Without experimentation a business would just be throwing darts and hoping that one hits the target.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Success only comes when one is fully determined, dedicated and put the best of his efforts towards achieving his goals. It’s the desire to accomplish something that brings about achievement and success. At a younger age Jobs already had interest in computers and it was his desire to create and sell computers to the public. Steve Jobs tremendous ideas widely changed the course of technology and brought a significant turning point in our history. Steve Jobs’ interest in electronics started way back in High School.... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, IPod, IPhone]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Being a physicist requires some mathematical knowledge, specifically centered around Calculus. Along the way, more science preparation may assist an upcoming physicist, from lab experiments to spectating a research facility. Not everything a physicist does is incredibly complicated from the start. As Einstein said, “Behind every great theory, there is a simple physical picture that even lay people can understand. If a theory does not have a simple underlying picture, then the theory is probably worthless”.... [tags: scientific career choices]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- Apple College drop-outs Steve Jobs and Stephen Wozniak and friend Ronald Wayne established a company named Apple Computer in 1976. Steve Jobs owned 45%, Stephen Wozniak owned 45%, and Ronald Wayne owned the rest of the 10% of the company. After a while Wayne sold his share back to Jobs and Wozniak for $800. They showed their inventions at conventions and had an advertisement during the 1984 Super Bowl. http://www.gsmarena.com/a_brief_look_at_the_history_of_apple-blog-13986.php According to http://www.businessinsider.com/this-is-where-apples-money-comes-from-2014-12, Apple is currently making their money by selling iPhones, they are the largest selling item in the company bringing in $101... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Jeff Bezos]
1566 words (4.5 pages)
- ... This is an activity where arrangement or compromise is achieved while preventing disagreement. In any disagreement, people intelligibly plan to reach the perfect result for his or her position (or maybe an organization is represented by them). But the principles of equity, keeping up a relationship and seeking common advantage are the keys to your successful result. Negotiation abilities can be of great advantage in resolving any differences that appear between others and you. For example; you've several jobs you want to complete during the week and everyone needs their job to be finished by you so what does one normally do in these scenarios.... [tags: interpersonal and communication skills]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- “It’s not what you achieve, it’s what you overcome. That’s what defines your career.” (Carlton Fisk) Setting the framework of personal goals gives you long term vision and short term motivation. My personal goals are to continue as a positive, committed role model for my husband and children, earn degrees in both Medical Coding & Reimbursement and Nursing, and become a charge Nurse specializing in outpatient surgery; challenging but realistic. Understanding the influence of, and using strengths and skills retained from education is crucial for personal, educational, and professional success.... [tags: nursing, education, personal strengths, skills]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- Our society has come to believe that college is a requirement to have a successful future, but is it actually need it. Many ask themselves this question, is there a correct or incorrect answer to it, in my opinion I say that college is not absolutely needed for the future. A majority of the students assisting college are not in college because they want to be in college, but because somebody wants them to go or because it has become the right thing to do in society. “… just as society had systematically damage women by insisting that their proper place was in the home, so we might be systematically damaging 18- year-olds by insisting that their proper place is in college.” I believe that, as... [tags: High school, University, Graduation, College]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- A career in nursing is extremely important in today's society. Without nurses to assist doctors in the care of patients, the quality of patient care may not be the same. Nurses do not just serve a great role in our community, but they also are just as needed as a police officer patrolling the streets or a teacher in the classroom. Although it may seem very easy to become a nurse, one's desire must be very strong in order to to actually pursue a career in nursing. Pediatric nursing is not just a profession that one would desire, but is a profession that is widely needed.... [tags: hospital, children, education]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Throughout history, creative ideas and solutions have allowed humans to further enhance their ways of living. While some genius ideas allowed for destructive behavior like the creation of the gun, other ideas have improved the quality of life. Over time, sparks of greatness have been shown revolutionizing the world. As Henry Ford came up with a genius idea of a car over fifty years ago, today, the car is a popular everyday necessity for people to get around. A little bit later, further innovative ideas have led to the creation of the plane.... [tags: creativity, electronic devices, modern science]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- Location The location of New France was North America. North America was an area colonized by France which stretched from New Foundland to Hudson Bay to the Rocky Mountains all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. All the territory was divided into 5 different colonies and those colonies were: Canada, Acadia, Hudson Bay, New Foundland(Plaisance), and Louisiana. Why Did Settlers Come to New France. Some settlers came for jobs and others came because either the king was going to give them money.... [tags: New France]
1930 words (5.5 pages)
- Many high school students want to keep up with the high demand of designer clothes, new movies, and the best five-star restaurants, but really, who in high school can afford those things on their own. If parents are not going to supply the cash for the latest and hottest trends, then who is. With that being said, many students are left with no other choice but to dig into their free time so they can dig into their wallets. That is right, going to work and going to school. On the contrary, not all high school students who are going to after-school jobs are doing it to keep up with the latest and hottest trends.... [tags: essays research papers]
2151 words (6.1 pages)
- Emily Bronte 's Wuthering Heights
- Summary Of ' Telemachus ' And ' The Odyssey '
- Cyber Bullying Is A Growing Problem
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle Is Built On Enriched Uranium Fuel, Proliferation Concerns Associated With Enrichment And Reprocessing
- Analysis Of Mr. Schiff 's ' The First Chapter '
- Analysis : ' The Sat '