Essay PreviewMore ↓
Cats and dogs are the most popular pets in the world. Cats versus dogs are a debate that just rages on even if cat lovers know that their little sweethearts swept to victory long ago. Their inspired playfulness and independent, beautiful spirit say enough. Even some die-hard dog lovers have inched toward the feline side, drawn by their low-maintenance lifestyle and excellent lap decorations. Dogs are considered to be man’s best friend. Even though they are both caring animals, dogs and cats have their differences. Cats and dogs can be good companion animals. For instance, when depression arises or when feeling lonely, the companionship from a dog or cat cannot be beat (“Science Informer”).
Cats and dogs are mainly considered household pets. They both urge a demonstration of love, like any living organism. These two marvelous animals have hair, making them somewhat resemble. Animals with hair belong to the mammal kingdom according to “Science Informer”, making them quite similar. Both of these animals can perform tasks that can make people view things differently when alone or in danger.
Cats are known to be unique in their own way. Their open-minded personalities and exotic coats are what make cats diverse. According to “1-800petmeds,” cats can live up to 10 - 14 years, and within those long years, they do not need bathing that often (“PetLifeExpectancy”). Cats are very independent and do not mind being alone most of the time since they can entertain themselves as opposed to dogs. From information gathered on cats (Science Informer), a benefit that I noticed that made cats quite unique was people can do their daily routines and go on vacations without having to distress about their feline while out and about. People wish they could spend their own days batting at catnip, mice and napping in the sun, all examples that make cats quite content. Cats are believed to be more laidback than dogs based on their daily routines. Furthermore, dogs are also very loving pets that can get attached to humans if treated correctly. The difference between cats and dogs are they can be left alone during the day if necessary, but tend to want attention throughout the day. Dogs are more inclined on making a mess around the house than cats. The most common thing for dogs is they pee outside as for cats they mainly take care of their business inside. Dogs and cats are both companion animals, but both can be quite different.
How to Cite this Page
"Similarities and Differences Between Cats and Dogs as Pets." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Oct 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Is It A Better Choice to Keep Cats or Dogs. Nowadays a lot of people have pets at home since they are solitary. Pets can help them to release stress, and enhance their moods. Several studies show the people who have pets live longer than people who don’t. Pets can also help them to build their responsibility and patience. When teenagers spend time with pets, they learn the way to take care of others. There is no doubt that cats and dogs are two of the most popular pets in the world since they are easy to raise and they are adorable.... [tags: Dog, Predation, Cat, Neutering]
1682 words (4.8 pages)
- There are several similarities that dogs and cats share. One being that they both require love and affection from their owners. These two animals are the most common pets in our society to this day. Some prefer the company of a cat, while others are considered dog lovers. I on the other hand am a dog lover. I consider a dog not only a pet, but a best friend as well. I have personally experienced the friendship that forms between an owner and their dog, and I can assure you that I will forever cherish the memories that I, and my dog Cubby have shared in the 16 years we were lucky enough to have spent with one another.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Love, Cat]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Dogs and cats are the most popular pets in the whole world. Even though they’re both very popular, they are different in many ways. Some people gravitate towards the calmness of a cat, while others seek the companionship of a dog. Cats are a lot more independent and less expensive. Cats don’t require nor do they want to be trained to be a house pet. Dogs on the other hand are very loyal and will act as your best friend. Dogs require more attention and training to be a well behaved family member.... [tags: popular pets, animals, dog, cat]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Cat v. Dog Many households occupy pets. Deciding on a pet can be a difficult decision. The majority of the time people tend to choose either a dog or a cat for their pet. There are many similarities as well as differences between a dog and a cat. However, the differences outnumber the similarities and usually serve as the deciding factor between the two. With either a dog or a cat, there will be a new addition to the family. Much responsibility comes along with this new member.... [tags: Papers Pets Household Pet Essays ]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Flea Control for Dogs and Cats Many Americans have a four-legged member of their family in their home. Most people deal with housebreaking problems, pet hair on furniture, and an occasional broken lamp because all the friendly welcomes home outweigh these minor problems. When the weather begins to get warmer, these pet owners begin to cringe with the thought of spring. It can only mean one thing; flea season and the circus of giving flea baths and dips is about to start. But in the past few years, there has been a break through in scientific technology allowing both owners and pets to rest easier.... [tags: Pets Dogs Cats Essays]
416 words (1.2 pages)
- Pets can be very both physically and emotionally beneficial to their owners. Living with and caring for them can also be a great experience and very entertaining. Even browsing YouTube, thousands of pet owners record their little friend's amusing tricks and humorous incidents to share with the world. Although these videos or pictures can encourage your desire for a similar companion, many details to keeping an animal of that sort may not be evident. There is a huge variety of species available, from tarantulas to munchkin cats, with many ways to obtain them, but not everyone can handle a giant arachnid or endure changing kitty litter.... [tags: Pets]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Parents often wonder what makes a good first pet. Hamsters are often the first choice while its close relative the guinea pig is often overlooked. While both creatures are loveable, the bigger guinea pig makes a better pet for children. At a pet store the guinea pig will cost roughly three times as much as a hamster. If cost is a large concern, pigs and hamsters alike can be adopted for little to no cost and sometimes come with free cages. Naturally, the guinea pig as the larger rodent will need a bigger cage; however, after putting all sorts of tubes on a hamster cage they will take up about the same amount of space and the hamster cage could end up costing a bit more than that of the pig’... [tags: Pets]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- ... They are just a nuisance and they deserve to die anyway. Just think about how much food we will have once we start killing these animals. We won’t even have to tell everyone that they are eating cats and dogs if they don’t want. You could add some nice seasoning and cook them just long enough till the meat is tender and they will never be able to tell the difference. So many people will love the way they food taste business will be rich due to all the people wanting this food. Then for all those people who have pets they won’t have to take care of them anymore.... [tags: household, pets, saving, enjoyment, die]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- Cats and dogs are seen to be the most popular household pets in the world. Because of their popularity, people would always compare these two pets to each other. But which makes a better pet. I used to have cats when I was a kid and I had a lot of them. I also had a dog, a family dog, but he stayed outside and I did not really pay attention to him. My cats died when I was nine or ten. I got tired of taking care of them so I stopped adopting one. I didn’t really know the differences between cats and dogs until I had my own dog.... [tags: popular household pets]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- Cats are one of the most beloved pets to humans beings. Though they provided a sense of comfort and love, there is a dark side to these soft, adorable, felines. Cats, both domestic and feral, poses a serious threat to native bird populations in the United States and health risk to both people and other animals. It is important that people realize the impact that feral cats have in the environment that they inhabit and how it not only effects other species, but us humans as well. Feral cats have no form of human interaction and therefore are difficult and or nearly impossible to assimilate as a regular house pet.... [tags: predation instincts, pets]
1393 words (4 pages)
Dogs are canines, they are accustomed to being in large groups since they need a lot of interaction. Dogs often “woof, bark, growl, or howl,” righteously making them completely different from a cat. Dogs are more common to be taken out for walks and cats are not, but in some weird cases feline owners may walk their cat. A general status that many people are not aware is that there are social status between dogs demanding their ranks. For instance, if a dog is holding its tail highly it means he or she is highly ranked. We humans can compare to this loving animal because we also classify people based on social class. However, another difference between dogs and cats is that dogs are usually bigger than cats as we all know. Dogs are known to be somewhat smarter than cats that’s why many police officers tend to have k-9s. A good example of obedience would be “when you can call your dog by name it will usually come to you, unlike a cat” (“Science Informer”). As for being one of the many animals in the world that can comprehend and perform task when told, they are special animals.
All in all, cats and dogs are special in their own ways; in some situations dogs and cats can become everyone’s favorite companions. They both have so many similarities and many differences; for example, cats are unique, and dogs are rambunctious, and that's what makes them unique. At the end of the day, they drink out of the same water bowl and eat out of the same food bowl. In conclusion, cats are better, so choose a cat over a dog. The choice is up to the individual to decide which side he or she is on!