Assault, Battery, and Crimes against Persons
There are many key similarities and difference between the crime of assault and battery. Assault and battery are both a combination of threat to the victim and physical harm. they both are crimes and they both are regulated by statutes. Self defensive plays a role in both Assault and battery and intentional tort.The difference between Assault and battery is that they have different charges, assault has the charge of a felony and battery has the charge of misdemeanor.Also between the two is the existence and the nonexistence of touching. What makes these differ is that direct battery involves physical contact with the victim body being harmed by the defendant. Battery has three elements to it which is conduct, mental state and harm done. Conduct would be a case of battery that encompasses the ...
... middle of paper ...
...and B are romantically linked and they were having an argument he dragged her into an alley to talk but she slaps him. B’s actions shouldn’t require him to defend himself if it’s just one little slap. Most men grew up knowing not hit a female even if she hits you first but by law a person has the rights to defend themselves from their attackers. However if B didn’t just grab A and dragged her into the ally aggressively A could have just listened to What B had to say instead just slapping him there night could have went a lot smoother. Now if the situation was different where the attacker (B) was drunk and started an argument with A and he wasn’t being respectful and made A mad and she walked off and didn’t want to listen to what he had to say and the Attacker dragged her into this alley to talk but she doesn 't want to he grabs her and then she slaps him to get away.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Assault, Battery, and Crimes Against Persons In criminal law, the terms battery, assault, and crime interrelate but have different meanings. A crime is any act constituting an offense punishable by law. An assault is any action creating fear to another party of experiencing battery; a touch considered unlawful by the law. Battery and assault fall under the law of tort, which is an amalgamation of obligations, rights, and remedies applied by courts of law in civil proceedings giving the plaintiff or claimant relief after suffering harm from the acts of the other party (Turner, 2013).... [tags: Crime, Criminal law, Criminology, Battery]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Violent crimes are known as those which involve force, such murder, assault, battery Violent crimes are known as those which involve force, such murder, assault, battery Violent crimes are known as those which involve force, such murder, assault, battery Violent crimes are known as those which involve force, such murder, assault, battery Violent crimes are known as those which involve force, such murder, assault, battery Violent crimes are known as those which involve force, such murder, assault, battery Violent crimes are known as those which involve force, such murder, assault, battery Violent crimes are known as those which involve force, such murder, assault, battery Violent crimes are k... [tags: Crime, Assault, Violence, Violent crime]
10731 words (30.7 pages)
- Poetry by Robert Creeley: Similarities and Differences Robert Creeley, a famous American poet, lived from 1926 to 2005. Creeley was normally associated as a Black Mountain poet because that is where he taught, and spent most of his career. Throughout his life, Creeley wrote many different pieces of poetry. Four great poems by Robert Creeley are, “For Love”, “Oh No”, “The Mirror”, and “The Rain”. The poem “For Love”,was written by Creeley for his wife. In this poem Creeley explains, the love someone has for another person, and how complicated it is making his life because the person doesn’t know how to explain their love.... [tags: Poetry, Meaning of life, Difference]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Everyone in their life at some point has watched a movie. A lot of movies that get produced today are very similar. They can also be very different. The two movies that are in question about their similarities and differences is Interstellar and Inception. Although they bear some major differences, the similarities between the two movies are clear. Interstellar and Inception both deal with very different concepts. Interstellar is mostly set in space and it entertains the idea that the earth is dying and human life needs to be sustained on another planet.... [tags: Film, Difference, Protagonist, Antagonist]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- Beowulf the Movie and Angelo Saxon differences and simularities There are numerous similitudes and contrasts between Beowulf the motion picture which was made in the year 2007, and the poem by an obscure Angelo Saxon poet. A large portion of the likenesses and contrasts are clear. The poem was changed into a motion picture and was more advanced and simpler to see then the epic poem itself. The movie happens to be more modern and gives the audience a better understanding of Beowulf and what happened during his life.... [tags: Beowulf, Grendel, Hroðgar, Heorot]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Defences of Assault and Battery In most crimes there are always defences to the offence that has been committed, for example, if one is charged with murder, then a defence of either provocation or diminished responsibility can be raised. There are other defences such as mistake or intoxication. In this case one will discuss when the defence of consent can be used against a criminal charge. For this essay we will be looking at the defence of assault and battery, consent.... [tags: Papers]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Christianity and Islam are two religions that grew from the same central idea of one divine being; they also originate from Jerusalem. However, the two religions bear great disparity but they also hold a few similarities. Both Islam and Christianity believe in Abraham as the forefather of both religions; they believe Him to be the founder of the two religions. The two religions have a holy book; Islam uses the Quran while Christians use the bible. Even though the two books do not bear the same teachings they are considered sacred in both religions.... [tags: religious beliefs and practices]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- ... The position of Jesus in Christianity, however, is different from that of the one he holds in Islam. An example is that of prophecy. As much as both religions believe in the messengers of God, some are given more importance than others. In Christianity, Jesus is believed to be the son of God, and therefore given more importance than Moses, but in Islam, Jesus is simply another prophet. An important prophet, yes, but not one that was loved more by Allah than Muhammad. In Christianity, it is also believed that Jesus is the light or the way which leads people to the right path.... [tags: belief, teachings, rituals, practices, word]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
- Every morning when I wake up and walk into the bathroom I see it. A framed piece of paper that reads, “Sexual Assault Hotlines” in bold letters. The paper defines sexual assault and then goes on to list a total of twenty one phone numbers, both on and off campus. One In Four, a rape prevention organization, has found that “One in four college women report surviving rape or attempted rape at some point in their lifetime” (One In Four). These statistics have remained the same since the study first began in 1980.... [tags: Rape, Sexual intercourse, Sexual assault]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Sexual assault is defined as any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and In the United States 80% of sexual assault victims are under the age of 30. Of that 80%, 44% are under the age of 18 (RAINN, 2016). That leaves 36% of victims between the ages of 18 and 30. These percentages become even more alarming when that 80% is of about 293,000 victims of secual assualt each year (RAINN, 2016).... [tags: Rape, Sexual assault, Sexual intercourse]
1007 words (2.9 pages)