7 signs that make you a good software developer
Summary: In this world of competition as a software developer, getting ahead of the crowd is a big necessity. So the big question is what are the characteristics, which makes you a good software developer?
The journey from an average person to a professional software developer is never easy. The passage to goodness is quite hard. So the big question at the moment is:
How are you supposed to become a good Programmer? What characteristics are going to set you apart from the rest?
This article would be taking into account the elements which will set you in the path of the good developer through the following lines.
The Making of a Good Coding Maestro
When it comes to good professional software developers, there are certain common traits, present in all of them. At the teething stage of software development if you are able to embed these elements in you, you will definitely be able to surpass your counterparts.
1. The Knowledge of Tools Is a Must
Gone are the days when software developer used to type non existing code in the text editor and compiling it at the end. Now coding with time has become an extensive, interactive process. Most programming languages are dependent on IDE or Integrated Development environment. These IDEs at the moment comes with features like auto complete, real-time syntax checking and debugging assistance. Knowing these tools can help you in improving your efficiency in case of programming.
So, the better you know your tools, the better you would be able to take programming under your grasp.
2. Keep your friends close and your error messages closer
One of the most common things, which every programmer encounters while programming is none other than the ...
... middle of paper ...
... comment acts as the report card for your code. The comments not only act as a good critique to the code, it also acts as the ideal way of directing the readers as well. Without the proper comments the user is as good as blind. Any new changes can be described by comments. So, a sign of a good programmer is to keep your comments always updated.
These points might not be enough for becoming an expert software developer, but they are definitely enough to make you a good one. If you want more inspiration to become a good programmer, get hold some article on the net. All the best with your programming endeavor.
About the Author: Hemant Gupta is an entrepreneur and the Founder Director of GetAProgrammer since 2007. This Sydney based company provides programmers for hire at an affordable rate. Connect to him at his Google+ profile to know more about GetAProgrammer.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- E.O. Wilson once said, “You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist. The world needs all you can give.” Often times, failure is perceived as a notion to give up. However, it should be exactly the opposite. For instance, in the face of adversity in publishing her books, J.K. Rowling was rejected 12 times before publishing the now multi-million dollar franchise, Harry Potter.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
1408 words (4 pages)
- "Technology makes it possible for people to gain control over almost everything, except technology." - John Tudor Our mission as Software Developers is to develop technology-based solutions-products that provide both the means and the methods for faster working, better performance and to achieve more. The technologies we develop provide users the control and functionality needed to be more efficient. The Software development field has grown with exponential rate. New products are coming to market daily.... [tags: technology, software developer]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- This report will inform you and give you facts on whether BSc (Hons) Computer Science will help you get a placement as “Software Developer”. This report will outline what this placement expects from their staff/applicants; this job expects this will include skills like: Communication and interpersonal skills, self motivated with ability to work on your own initiative, Ability to work as a part of team, Passion to analyzing and problem solving, Keen to learn new technologies Skill needed by the employers in the field To become a software developer it’s important to meet certain requirements that are required by the company.... [tags: Problm-solving , Technology, Analysis]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- 1. WHAT IS A SOFTWARE. Programs are set of instructions and software is set of programs that enable a computer to perform specific tasks. There are two kinds of software one is application software another is system software. Application software- these are the software designed for the user side. System software- software like operating system are called system software. Following report is focused on application software. We will be demonstrating the testing on application software. Software designed for e-learning.... [tags: Software testing, Integration testing]
5240 words (15 pages)
- Platforms consist of operating systems. A mobile operating system is the software that controls all basic operations. It allows for the installation and execution of apps. Operating systems often have toolkits that allow for the applications to communicate with each other. Android OS is the largest operating system. Android OS uses an open source operating system under Google. While the core operating system is open, other parts are licensed. An Android trademark cannot be used unless it is certified by Google against the Compatibility Definition Document (CDD) (Healey, 2014, Chapter 6, p.... [tags: Platforms, Operating Systems, software]
1719 words (4.9 pages)
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering Introduction: The first usage of term 'software engineering' was in 1968 at a meeting held to discuss the issue that was called software crisis at that time. This crisis was the basic reason to develop a new concept which was called later software engineering. Software systems that were developed before applying the software engineering concepts were not appropriate enough for customers and companies. As a result, software engineering has taken a place in developing large systems.... [tags: Software]
2526 words (7.2 pages)
- As a Computer Science major and an active web developer, I have come to realize in my dealings with my colleagues, peers, and various companies vying for my attention that this industry is not in any way uniform. Each entity has a personal taste and belief of what is exactly best, and oftentimes they press it upon others as the “best practice”. Which software development method produced the highest quality product for the lowest cost is understandably a hot topic in today’s world. Traditionally, the Waterfall methodology has been prevalent among organizations, and is still widely used today.... [tags: Agile software development, Waterfall model]
1040 words (3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION The purpose of this essay is about using a real example to show the role of software architecture in a software project, also describing its role in the project and finally evaluating if the software architect played his or her role effectively. Firstly what is software architecture and who is a software architect. There have been numerous defined of what software architecture is but as defined by Mary Garlan and David Shaw (1993) as a level of design that involves four(4) major component which are the description of elements from which the system was built, the interaction among those element, also the pattern that guides the system composition and finally the constraint on t... [tags: Database, SQL, Application software]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- “Computers themselves, and software yet to be developed, will revolutionize the way we learn” (Jobs). Every day billions of people use technology in their lives. Whether it is a notebook, a tablet, or a smart phone these devices have helped our lives. The people responsible for these devices are known as software developers. Software developers (or software engineers) develop new forms of technology to enhance our everyday activities. Activities like communication, research, and entertainment are made convenient by developers.... [tags: html, operating systems, apps]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Software Piracy in India and the Developed World Introduction: Software Piracy in India Software is one of the easiest and a very lucrative medium to steal. The copies made are as good as the original software and can be made quickly in large quantities. This makes it very difficult to effectively enforce anti-piracy laws, as the officials cannot raid each and every home in search of illegal copies of copyrighted software. In India, with a population of over 1 billion, effective enforcement of anti-piracy laws is a ponderous task.... [tags: Software Computers Technology Essays]
4934 words (14.1 pages)