Essay PreviewMore ↓
The feeling of competitiveness natural, but the level or intensity of it depends on the upbringing of the man or women. If the parents are more competitive then the children will inherit that trait for everything that comes their way. Regardless, everyone is in competition with each other because they are all part of the same dating game and who will end up with whom? Men are naturally more competitive than women and tend to go for the more appealing women. On the other hand, women do look at appearance; they are more focused on the attributes of the person. Men want to show their spouse or girlfriend off to make other guys jealous of what he “scored” when women want to brag about the nice things her spouse or boyfriend said or did for her. They are in the same competition, but it is viewed differently.
In this game of competition in dating, it truly relies on the sex of the person. A popular question is, “Is there a first move advantage?” The answer to that is yes. If women make the first move they are more likely to get their first choice of a guy rather than having to settle as a boy might have to do. Guys have the advantage because women think that guys are supposed to make the first move no matter what, but their advantage goes away when the competition rises and all the guys are going after the same ‘hot’ girl.
How to Cite this Page
"Should You Date Out of Your League?." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Nov 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Competition is everywhere in America, in education, jobs, and even families; but what about dating. Dating is one of the most competitive “games” in most cultures. Dr. Tomas Cvreck spoke about competition and how it affects everything we have ever known. Something as simple as who makes the first move can determine the outcome of the whole relationship and the future. Homogamy is everything is a relationship; how old the person is, the education level, the religion, and how much money is being made.... [tags: human competitiveness]
535 words (1.5 pages)
- Contents Cover 1 1 Are you ready for some football? 3 Supplies 4 Computer with a stable Internet Connection 4 Email Address 4 Getting Started 5 Choose a Website 5 Register 6 Types of Fantasy Leagues 7 Roster 8 Positions 8 Draft Day 9 Team Pick Order 9 Position Priority 9 Rules 11 Scoring 11 Managing your Roster 12 Free Agency 12 Trades 12 Playoffs 14 Summary 15 Sources Cited 16 Index 17 Are you ready for some football. Fantasy football is a rapidly growing online game played by those who share a love of professional football.... [tags: National Football League, American football]
2678 words (7.7 pages)
- Fear is a feeling one cannot describe; some say that it is an emotional response. I thought fear came from watching a horror film like Paranormal Activity or The Conjuring. Then later I found myself being afraid to ask a girl out on a date. But I never knew one could be frightened from failing. One defines fear as “being afraid of failing, at least some of the time. But fear of failure also called atychiphobia is when we allow that fear to stop us doing the things that can move us forward to achieve our goals” (Mind Tools).... [tags: National Football League, American football]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Rohypnol is a very strong benzodiazepine. It is ten times more powerful then any other benzodiazepine valium, the effects are felt very fast by any user. The drug usually works on the body for up to eighteen hours or (sometimes longer). Also during that time the user will feel many symptoms and some are: Drowsiness, disoriented, and they can loss consciousness. Most people when they take Rohypnol will suffer from a form of amnesia that prohibits memory formation for as long as they have the drug in the body.... [tags: Date Rape Essays]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- DATE RAPE Introduction I’m assuming that you 've all heard of date rape. Apart from knowing what the physical side of rape is, there are many students who aren 't aware of the facts in depth of what really happens in these circumstances. So today I’m going to briefly talk about this. I‘m sure you’ll all agree with me that it’s quite scary at any time learning about date rape, but so much worse if you become a victim. No one wants to be a victim, so it’s important that we know about the drugs used and furthermore, what to do if you become a victim.... [tags: Rape, Date rape drug, Sexual intercourse]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- ... You Do Not Go Somewhere Special Non-dates happen spontaneously without the need to plan it meticulously. He just invites you to hang out with him to the usual spot where you and your other friends go out for food and drinks. The main difference between a non-date and a romantic date is that romantic dates are usually carefully planned by the person who invites you out. Moreover, a romantic date usually takes place somewhere special like a formal diner, a concert of your favorite artist, or a new cool cafe that targets couples.... [tags: disappointment, confusion and embarrassment]
594 words (1.7 pages)
- "You lookin for a date?" she asks as a man begins walking towards the door,. The man ignores her and continues on his way inside, she looks to me. "Why did you do this to me Alan?" she asks her hand still remaining on the wall her fingers tracing the brick wall behind her. "I 'm not Alan, Alan died of a drug overdose four years ago." I say in a harsh and direct tone. "Do you know what they did to me. What I had to do. For what?. Pills. For fucking pills." she shouts trying to lunge at me I step back as she crashes to the cold wet ground.... [tags: 2007 singles, English-language films]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Date rape happens a lot when people are in college, more women than men but it’s still something that happens more than it should and I ask what are the colleges doing on campus to prevent this from happening to more college students. I think that colleges are trying to stop date rape from happening as best as they can but I also believe there is a lot more they could be doing to try and stop date rape. College students shouldn’t have to worry about going out on a date, party, or just to a bar for drinks with their friends.... [tags: Date Rape Essays]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Rape defined is forcing sexual intercourse upon someone without his or her consent. This isn’t just a girls’ problem, boys have to deal with this too. According to the American Psychological Association, nearly one in ten girls and one in twenty boys say they have been raped or experienced some form of sexual assault (Atlanta Journal, 1). Almost more than half of rape victims know their attacker; they don’t report it or tell anybody. In most date rape cases, the attacker and victim have known each other for at least a year or even longer.... [tags: Date Rape Essays]
1750 words (5 pages)
- Date rape is not a rare incident. Surveys indicate that in 84% of rape cases, the victim knows the attacker, and 57% of rapes occur on dates (Warshaw 11). However, what is even more surprising than these high statistics is that most incidents of date rape go unreported. Several theories exist that try to explain this phenomenon. For example, many women may refuse to believe that their “friend” raped them. In fact, they could eventually convince themselves that it never happened. Additionally, there is confusion following the attack in which memory and emotions become mixed up.... [tags: The Tragedy of Date Rape]
2293 words (6.6 pages)
The dating game is not random, it is predictable. People want to stay in their comfort zones. The dating game is a positive-sum game but can turn negative is someone is at the bottom of the competition and have to settle. Relationships form voluntarily and require a division of labor; their needs to be a healthy balance of communication and working to make a relationship work. People are more competitive than others but it is part of human nature and the outcomes depend on the sex of the individual. Everyone wants to be happy in the end, and the recurring point in Dr. Cvreck lecture is to not to date out of a person’s league, which is not true. Everyone has a chance, even if the competition is harder and the relationship more complicated, it can work. All in all, dating is a competition that we are all a part of.