Not only would students possibly cheat, but smart phone usage is also so incredibly distracting. You can play a game or access an app anytime you want, anywhere you want. You can make phone calls or send text messages. You can tweet, log on to Facebook, SnapChat friends, and post photos to Instagram. There is no way that a student would not get distracted, even if it is only for a moment, with all of the things that they could do on their cell phone. Even my father, whom is fifty four years old, recognizes this as an issue. When I asked him how he thinks smart phones would affect a student’s concentration, he said, “They would be tempted to play on their phones or text each other.” If someone who has been out of school for thirty six years even sees this as an issue, then these options of distractions are just something that does not need to be readily available for students to access while they are trying to learn. This means that if a student uses their cell phone during class often, it could be very detrimental to their over all academic success. In 2014, in an article contained in the International Journal ...
... middle of paper ...
...n, can lead to students being dishonest, or students not learning any of the material from the class, as they did not have to think and learn the information for themselves, since the answers were already provided to them without them having to provide any effort.
Though smart phones have both their advantages and their disadvantages, it is probably a good solution for smart phones to be banned from classrooms over all. They are far too distracting of objects and they have simply way too much access to any information a student could ever want. I believe it is highly unlikely that a student would use their cell phone just “as a calculator,” an excuse I have heard many of my peers use when caught by a teacher. No one knows what a student is up to when they are on their phones during class and this is just not a risk that teachers and schools should be willing to take.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Smart phones are a common technology used by most students, therefore many schools have banned the use of smart phones. Instead of banning smart phones, these can be used for good purposes using them for educational purposes allowing students to use the web to search for information and apps. Because smart phones are used by most students the education system has set up a program called “Bring Your Own Device (B.Y.O.D.).” This allows students to use their own devices at school. Also when emergencies occur smart phones can be used to call for help immediately.... [tags: emergency, distraction, resource]
535 words (1.5 pages)
- Distracted Driving Distracted driving is described as “the practice of driving a motor vehicle while engaged in another activity, typically one that involves the use of a cellular phone or other electronic device” (Roadway Insurance ). Cell-phone use interferes with a person’s ability to make sound decisions by taking away the attention from what you are doing. Distracted driving is a topic that has garnered much interest over the years because of the shocking amount of teens getting into accidents.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- 6:00-7:50 Abrielle Cruz Should Cell Phones Be Allowed In School. It has become a very frequent issue with cell phones in the classroom. Cell phones are technology of this century, with new responsibilities that are tested throughout the education atmosphere. The economy is becoming more advanced in technology with an increase in mobile phone users that keep growing. Most mobile phone users have smart phones that can be useful throughout the class, instead of only considered as a disruption. A number of sociologists have researched and explained how the advancement of technology is increasing, and so does our time using it.... [tags: Mobile phone, Personal digital assistant, Motorola]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- With the blooming development of science and technology, mobile phones have become an indispensable part of life. The increasing number of teenagers who use a cell phone in schools which disrupts classrooms orders has become a major concern. However, mobile phones should not be banned in schools. Actually, it is not necessary to ban mobile phones in schools. Additionally, using mobile phones in schools has some positive influences. Furthermore, it is likewise a human right for students. Firstly, through implementing some campus rules and some technological means, the negative impresses of using mobile phones will be eliminated properly.... [tags: mobile phones, banned, schools, education,]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- There has always been controversy as to whether texting and cell phone use can cause young people to be less likely to be able to concentrate and focus. As young citizens we have the right to be able to own a cell phone and not be criticized using it for educational reasons. Phones give you access to the internet, teach responsibility, and is an emergency access to contact parents; however it can cause cheating in class room areas by sharing answers, it can distract people from doing work in class, and can lead to online predators harming someone.... [tags: online predators, emergency ]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Cell phone use must be banned for all drivers under any circumstances. I have seen a disturbance driver who had his phone out while stopping in a red lights, and drove into sidewalk and injured couple bikers. Even though many argue that today 's drivers do not cause any disturbance using phone while driving, we must eliminate cell phone use for all drivers; after all, they risk their life, kill innocent citizens and sadden others and their family members. Cell phone use must be forbidden for all drivers because risking their life is worthless when not making a smart choice.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- There is no doubt that almost all people in developed country using mobile phones, from teen until old peoples. They are using mobile phones for business communication, keeping contact with family and friends, and even just followed the trends. This essay will focus on using mobile phones in elementary and high schools. There are many disadvantages of using mobile phones in school such as, students use mobile phones for cheating, as well as that can destroy concentration while study in classroom.... [tags: mobile phones, schools,]
539 words (1.5 pages)
- In my opinion students should not be allowed to use or have any type of electronic communication device during school hours. Technical devices that students have now are not being used properly or to the function that they were intended for. Many of the students in America that are in high school and middle school have or use a type of electronic device that is used and intended for communication. Adults and educators believe that students and teenagers are not using these devices for the use in which they are meant to be used.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- Cell phones are in no doubt a good way to calculate, research, and also cheat. Many students are in a debate with their teachers and school board about whether or not their phone should be banned from their classroom or if they should be allowed to use it during school hours. Cell phones should not be banned in the classroom, but teachers should put some guidelines on when students should use them and not use them, like prohibiting the use of cellphones during tests and lectures but allowed during independent work times.... [tags: Mobile phone, Education, Cellular network, School]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- SHOULD CELL PHONES BE BANNED. What is a cell phone. When did the cell phone come out. Cell phones are electronic devices used for communicating. Engineer Martin Cooper was the first individual who made the first public cell phone in 1973 (Browning). Later on, the cell phone became the most important tool for our daily life in the modern world. Today society is a cell phone-controlled world, to some degree. Even though it is true that cell phones bring countless conveniences to people, the use of cell phones should be restricted.... [tags: Mobile phone, Mobile phone radiation and health]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- Why Students Should Not Qualify For An Iep But Still Needs Some Accommodations
- The Court System And The Criminal Justice System
- The Common Misconception Of Gender Roles
- The Hero With A Thousand Faces
- The Portrait Of Monsieur Lavoisier And His Wife Of 1788
- World Class Security : Customer 's Data Is Protected From Multidimensional Security