What would happen if prostitution were to become legal in the United States? There have been many debates of whether that prostitution should be legalized in the U.S. since some countries have allowed it. With that said, prostitution should be able to help further us in the U.S such as life improvement, economic advantage, and decrease in sexual transmitted diseases. Legalizing prostitution in this world will solve problems that it has been given throughout its time in history.
Prostitution is the act or practice of engaging in sexual intercourse for money. Sexual Transmitted Diseases (or formerly known as STDs) are infections that someone may receive from having sex with someone who has the infection. Legalizing is the act of making it legal. Our scope is women between the ages of twenty-two and forty.
Again, prostitution has been around the ages and one of the world’s oldest profession "The Sumerian word for female prostitute, kar.kid, occurs in the earliest lists of professions dating back to ca. 2400 B.C.”(ProCon.org,1) This illustrates that back in 2400 B.C. it was one of the professions recorded. Clearly making it a job of sorts during that era of history. “Six of Hammurabi’s 282 codes specifically mentioned the rights of a prostitute or child of a prostitute.”(ProCon.org,1) Dating back to 1780 B.C nearly as old the original date. This is an example of why prostitution should be legalized showing prostitutes did have certain rights in the old ages. “Rent from a brothel was a legitimate source of income....” (ProCon.org,1) This dating back from Rome in 180B.C. to showing of how it could be legalized.
Firstly, if prostitution were to be legalized their life should drastically improve for themselves or their families. Refuge ...
... middle of paper ...
...roper business in the country. The economic advantage it holds can easily turn from a in debt country to hopefully a better country. Thus showing these reasons why prostitution should be legalized.
The country will benefit from the legalizing of prostitution because of life improvement, decrease of sexual transmitted diseases, and the economic advantage. It is most useful to hopefully better the country with these and to make people of the country happy due to these reasons. All in all prostitution should be legalized because many of these reasons could help so many people without even realizing. First from going from city to city to spread the word, from there, from state to state, then the countries to get this information to everyone in the world. From this hopefully people should understand that it would more of a majority benefit rather than it being a defect.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Prostitution should not be ‘Legalized’ Sexual objectification of women is viewing them solely as de-personalized objects of desire instead of as individuals of complex personalities, which is done by speaking or thinking of women solely by their physical attributes. Sexuality has been a controversial topic for a long time, and there have been many thinkers pondering on its effects on societies and cultures all over the world. The physical expression of sexuality is fundamental and universal. What differs is how cultures, religions and societies construe and influence both the setting in which sexual intercourse between men and women occurs and the type of relationships in which pregnancy is... [tags: Sex Crimes]
1400 words (4 pages)
- Legalizing Prostitution When it comes to the topic of legalizing prostitution, most of us will readily, agree that prostitution is a human right. Where this agreement usually ends, however, in on the question of prostitution being legalized. Whereas some are convinced that it should be legalized, others maintain that it should remain illegal. I agree that prostitution should be legalized. A point that needs emphasizing since so many people still believe that the government should not interfere with their life choices.... [tags: Prostitution, Human trafficking]
1697 words (4.8 pages)
- What would happen if prostitution were to become legal in the United States. There have been many debates of whether that prostitution should be legalized in the U.S. since some countries have allowed it. With that said, prostitution should be able to help further us in the U.S such as life improvement, economic advantage, and decrease in sexual transmitted diseases. Legalizing prostitution in this world will solve problems that it has been given throughout its time in history. Prostitution is the act or practice of engaging in sexual intercourse for money.... [tags: Prostitution, Sexual intercourse, Rape]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- The practice or occupation of engaging in sexual activity with someone for payment is the actual definition of prostitution. The word prostitution comes in a variety of different labels, for example, whoring, sex trade, or dated whoredom; nevertheless, prostitution is very well known as well as extremely controversial. The question is, should prostitution be legalized. By examining the topic of prostitution, we will be analyzing examples that are associated such as health, crime, human trafficking, the economy, as well as whether prostitution is demeaning or not; hence, helping clear whether or not prostitution should be considered a legitimate business.... [tags: Prostitution, Human trafficking, Rape]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- “I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome things that money can buy.” I am a strong believer that each and every person should have the right to his/her own body and therefore have done extensive and authentic research, to prove the opinion and theories stated by me today to be true and coherent. Prostitution should be legalized simply because it would reduce violence against women and it’s just a job. All jobs in America should have labor rights. Legalizing prostitution, could help fight against human trafficking, make sex safer, and save other hard workers money.... [tags: Prostitution, Human trafficking, Rape]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Prostitution should not be legalizing because it is one of the social immoral problems. This issue should be banned because it violates human rights, and the true equality of women. Prostitution, drug (including cocaine and cannabis), and pornography are headache problems within human society. Especially, prostitution against good human values. Most sociologists and philosophers confirm that when society is growing, people increasingly promote their good values. For instance, we are living in the modern time, where people act on high technology, smart devices.... [tags: Prostitution, Human trafficking, Sex industry]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- Abstract - Prostitution is a worldwide controversial matter, which has been around for many years. Over recent years, prostitution has been becoming more complicated with sophisticated forms and growing size. In 2014, Vietnam has 32,700 prostitutes, up 9.3% compared with the year 2012, whereas, the number of people recorded to manage is only 8000. Since around 3 years lately, the question “Should prostitution be legalized?” has become one of the most controversial issues in Viet Nam. There were numerous mixed opinions on this issue.... [tags: Prostitution, Human sexuality, Sexual intercourse]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- The word “prostitute” comes from the “Latin term meaning 'to set forth in public ' or 'to be exposed for sale’” (Carrasquillo, 2014, p 701). “Prostitute” today, refers to someone who participates in sexual acts in exchange for money. Prostitution has been labeled as the “world 's oldest profession” but, where exactly did it originate. There have been several studies that indicate prostitution to predate humans. Tesla Carrasquillo noted that “primates have been observed offering sexual services in exchange for food or to avoid an attack” (as cited in Carrasquillo, 2014, p.... [tags: Prostitution, Sex industry, Human trafficking]
1763 words (5 pages)
- Prostitution Should be Legalized I think that prostitution should be legalized because it is no different than any other service that we pay to receive. Besides, there are far more serious crimes that require the full attention of our police force than prostitution; therefore, policing it is a costly waste of time and police resources. Furthermore, prostitution is already legal in Singapore, Denmark, and a part of the United States as well. In this Essay, I will discuss these ideas; thereby, proving why prostitution should be legalized.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
554 words (1.6 pages)
- Prostitution Should be Legalized Prostitution is known as the oldest profession in the world, however, many states in the U.S. outlaw it. The textbook definition of prostitution is the "act or practice of engaging in sexual acts for money" ("Prostitution," Macmillan 805). Nevada is the first in the United States to legalize prostitution. Although the long term effects of legalized prostitution is uncertain, the short term effects have been economically beneficial. Prostitution should be legalized because not only could it financially benefit the country, but it could also reduce crime.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Prostitutes Essays]
1770 words (5.1 pages)