The advent of mobile phones has squeezed this large world and brought it into the palm of a human being. People can use their smartphone for many purposes such as business, communication, and entertainment. However, people have always been debating about a smartphone’s disadvantages. Many people disagree with using a smartphone today because it will interrupt their job, studying, and life. But they do not know that a smartphone helps them a lot in their life. Sometimes, people cannot do anything without a smartphone. Smartphone sometimes has many disadvantages for people, but it is still the most important little thing in human life.
First of all, people can use a smartphone to communicate with family or friends who are living far away. According to the article, “A Survey of Mobile Phone,” by Lane, Miluzzo et al., “The main feature of mobile phones is ‘instant access ' which makes them the most exclusive devices for communication. Now people can make voice or VDO call or send text messages to anyone anytime from almost anywhere at a cheap rate using mobile phones. Besides this, with the aid of the latest WAP technology users can surf the internet, send emails and chat with other people at a low cost”(140). Several years ago, if people wanted to contact friends or someone, they had to write a letter and mail them. Now, this service still exists, but it is being replaced by smartphones. People can use a smartphone to send a message or send emails to their friends or family easily without sitting for hours to write a letter. Moreover, there are many online services for talking with another person that people can buy or download to their phone on the Internet with a low price such as Facebook, Viber, T...
... middle of paper ...
..., but they want to talk as in real life. Therefore, a smartphone can fill the people’s need. With a smartphone, students can talk with their family reality. They can see their parents without going home. They can use many apps for communicating or video calling such as Viber, Skype, Tango, or Facetime. Thus, students can see their family whenever they miss home. If people know these advantages of a smartphone, people will stop thinking that smartphones is not good, and they should accept it as a part of their life.
Knowing these advantages of a smartphone, people will think about a smartphone in a different way. A smartphone is not bad like people thinking. Sometimes it is very helpful. A smartphone helps people to do many things, and it can improve people’s knowledge in many ways. It is true that everyone should have a smartphone, and their life will change quickly.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Smartphone Communication across the globe has recently changed since the invention of the smartphone. This high tech tool has many features that can help to make someone’s life a little bit easier. It has improved ways of thinking as well as the way people go about their daily activities. The smartphones capability of searching things quicker and making communication easier allows people around the globe to stay connected at faster speeds than ever before. Before the smartphone was ever created, there were other phones, as well as computers, that allowed people to keep in touch with each other and be aware of what was going on around them.... [tags: Mobile phone, IPhone, Smartphone]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Today we live in a world where everything is practically automatic. We can refer to today’s society as the “technologically civilized” society. There’s been a drastic change from the older days till now. As an example, in the past people had to wash and dry dirty dishes by hand, or write a letter to get in contact with someone. Nowadays, we can push a simple button to start the dishwasher, or give that certain someone a phone call or send an email. Technology can provide the benefit of giving us a simpler, stress-free life or it can become a misfortune we face everyday.... [tags: Facebook, Twitter, Social network service]
1702 words (4.9 pages)
- Technology has, since the primitive years, always been used to invent tools in order to solve problems. This would, in turn, simplify and make man’s life easier. Through advancements in the field, man has become more efficient on both the macro- and microscopic level. Anything nowadays can be attained with either the flip of a switch or a click of a mouse. One particular technology that came about in this time was the smartphone. Since 2008, the smartphone, a device that combines a normal cell phone with a computer, typically offering Internet access, data storage, e-mail capability, etc.... [tags: technology, connected but alone]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Most adults and teenagers in today’s age own a smartphone. Smartphone’s are recent products of modern day technological advancement. Before smartphones were cell phones which quickly gained popularity in the several years fallowing the new millennium. They unfortunately were extremely limited to low quality calls and texting. This was a huge milestone when it comes to technology but within a decade these phones began to be choked out of existence to be replaced with smartphones. These new devices commonly feature touch screens, voice controls, texting, calling, GPS systems, internet connectivity, and so much more.... [tags: devices, social, individual, screen]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- The smartphone, that keeps changing the game. If you don 't own an iPhone, drop everything you are doing and run to the store because you are missing out, on the most innovative phone of this generation. The iPhone is the best selling smartphone, around the globe, and it is very user friendly. I’m dying to tell you why, this is the only smartphone starting from the iPhone 4 to the present iPhone with a built into feature that grants you the ability to video call. In fact, this phone is a must in your life is because when you purchase an iPhone or any Apple product, you can also buy AppleCare which is coverage for your phone.... [tags: IPhone, App Store, Apple Inc., Mobile phone]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- If you don 't have an iPhone, drop everything you are doing and run to the store because you are missing out, on the most innovative phone of this generation. The iPhone is the best selling smartphone, around the world and it is very user friendly. I’m going to tell you why, first of all this is the only smartphone starting from the iPhone 4 to the present iPhone with a built in feature that gives you the ability to video call. In fact, this phone is a must in your life is because when you purchase an iPhone or any Apple product, you can buy Apple care which is coverage for your phone.... [tags: IPhone, App Store, Apple Inc., Mobile phone]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Nowadays, we are living in the digital age that we can connect with hundreds of millions of people and an unlimited source of information around the world via mobile devices such as smart phone, tablet, and laptop. But especially to cell phone, the world is on your fingertips. The mean is that you can find out everything just by swiping your fingers on the screen. Because of their usefulness and convenience, students more and more bring them go to class to study and do something else which make them not to be attention on lesson.... [tags: Mobile phone, Laptop, Smartphone, Text messaging]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Summary The case “Should You Use Your iPhone for Work” is about how millions of people use their devices for their personal life as well as at work. With everyone having access to their own smartphones it can save companies their own money but IT departments have to spend a lot of time configuring the devices. The use of personal devices can pose difficult problems for the companies such as security, inventory management, support and more. Furthermore, a lot of IT resources go into managing and maintaining a large number of devices within an organization.... [tags: Smartphone, Windows Mobile, Information appliance]
707 words (2 pages)
- How Smartphone Has Affected to Children “How has smartphone affected to children?” Since the smartphone has become indispensable in our daily lives, apart of our bodies, this kind of question has been asked for last few years and till this moment. We do know that everything has two sides, which are negative and positive, and we try to deal with the negative side by balancing both of them so that we can get more benefits from it. However, children, they are still too young to perceive the potential hazard of using smartphone.... [tags: Communication, Mobile phone, Personal life]
1386 words (4 pages)
- With all the new mobile devices coming out, I thought it would be useful to give an overview of the market for mobile data. I covered some of this information in a post written about a year ago, but this one has a lot of new information, plus diagrams. I believe the market for mobile data devices (smartphones, PDAs, mobile game machines, iPods, etc) is not structured the way most people think it is. A lot of new mobile products fail because they're not designed for the real market, or because they target imagined customers who don't really exist in large numbers.... [tags: Business Market Analysis]
2231 words (6.4 pages)
- George Orwell 's Dystopian Vision Of The Future
- Cultural Values On Oil Production
- Ethics And Social Responsibility : A Good Performance Evaluation System
- Pedagogical And Instructional Decisions Are Made Using District Curriculum Maps That Align With Common Core Standards
- The Most Controversial Albums By Paul Simon
- College Is An Opportunity Up A Good Job