The cases of air pollutions can be reduced by introducing nuclear power station. In Malaysia, the main power sources for generating electricity is the combustion of fossil fuels, which produces several air pollutants such as Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, and Sulfur Dioxide; that ar...
... middle of paper ...
...n exchange with the high price of health influence, environmental pollution and nuclear outbreak which must be considerate before jumping into conclusion. Nuclear energy may be useful to be introduced in Malaysia, except that Malaysia might not be prepared with the technology needed for the practice, which is decisive in effectively handling the nuclear energy. Thus, instead of using dangerous nuclear energy as power source, certain alternative renewable source of energy such as biomass, solar energy, waves, wind, tides or geothermal energy can be introduced in Malaysia, which are environmental friendly, and serves the purpose of producing extra energy for the country as well. A choice or decision should only be made after going through layers of rational reflection as every single choice of the moment serves as the main puzzle piece to complete the image of future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Should nuclear power be used as the main source of energy. This is a very controversial topic that will be discussed here. People from both sides of this issue all care about the environment, but have different opinions on nuclear energy. Before getting into the debate, it is important to know how nuclear power plants work. The nuclear reactor, which is usually twelve meters tall, is enclosed in a dome like building made up of meter thick reinforced concrete walls. Nuclear fission produces heat which is used to heat up water which then turns into steam.... [tags: nuclear waste, nuclear reactor, clean energy]
1615 words (4.6 pages)
- The concept of power is present within various realms of all organizations. Power, however, is not something that should necessarily be looked at negatively. There are justifiable types of power that may be important to criminal justice organizations. The main role of power in criminal justice administration should be to gain compliance from subordinates of all types, and turn that power over time into acceptable forms of authority (Stojkovic et al., 2008). It is for this reason that power is an important attribute in criminal justice agencies.... [tags: Politics, Criminal Justice, Power, Authority]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- Death and the Maiden and Punishment are literatures that are about woman that have suffered in their life`s, but at the end they make choices that made them happy. These two literatures explain the power women can contribute through control. Paulina and Chandara are from two different countries and backgrounds, but very similar when it comes to completing a goal in their life`s they have to fulfill. Chandara and Paulina are two woman that seem weak at the beginning of the story and play, but as they set on a target they become strong and wise on the decisions they make.... [tags: power, control, character analysis]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- “Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” (John Dalberg-Acton, 1st Baron Acton) It is in human nature that the more power one desires the more corrupt actions one must do to attain it. In Shakespeare’s tragedy of Macbeth, a Scottish noble's craving for power leads him to do terrible deeds that leads to his demise. Shakespeare shows that power corrupts by using Macbeth who corrupts under the thought of have power over others. Macbeth becomes corrupt under the thought of becoming king and gaining almost complete control over the people that he rules.... [tags: Macbeth, power, Shakespeare, ]
2635 words (7.5 pages)
- Nuclear Power Nuclear power is known to us as a source of energy and not much more than that. We do not consider the risks of this power source in which we use. Using nuclear power plants hurts our planet by producing harmful fumes and radioactive wastes. Nuclear power plants produce radioactive waste that has to be disposed properly but even with precautions the waste stays dangerously radioactive for several years with nothing we can do about it. It is not only dangerous because of life of the radioactive waste but also the consideration that it might be spilled in an area in which can harm our planet even more and/or people and animals.... [tags: radioactive, energy, power]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- The Main Theory Of Power A broad distinction can be made between two types of power: 1. Authority is power that is accepted as legitimate - e.g. the power of Parliament to pass laws in a society where citizens accept the political system. 2. Coercion is based upon the imposition of power using force, or the threat of force, against people who do not accept it as legitimate. Weber defines power as the ability of people to get their own way despite the opposition of others.... [tags: Papers]
1670 words (4.8 pages)
- The development of science and technology has led to people considering using alternative fuels to generate electricity. There are many alternative fuels that can generate electricity, such as natural gas, nuclear energy, wind energy, hydraulic power and so on (Fossil Fuels Used to Generate Electricity Power Plant Emissions of North America). According to the statistics by the U.S. Energy Information Administration in 2009, the usage of coal was still the largest source to generate the power. Sources of electricity in the United States were generated by 44.9% of coal, 20.3% of nuclear, 23.4% of natural gas, 1% of petroleum, 6.9% of hydroelectric conventional and 3.6% of others (Electric Po... [tags: Coal, Energy Generation]
1962 words (5.6 pages)
- Wind Power- the Future Energy Source Abstract: We are facing an energy crisis on Earth. Burning fossil fuels are harming the atmosphere; this global warming and affects produces chemicals that hurt our body. People are starting to think about using alternative energy. Wind power would be our first choice, because it’s clean, inexhaustible and renewable. Today, wind power is mainly used in Europe. We believed wind power would be the main source of alternative energy for world use. Introduction: Since 400-500A.D, people used windmill energy in farms for grain grinding and water pumping.... [tags: Energy Power Global Warming]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- The Main Reason for Hitler and the Nazis Coming to Power The economic problems helped Hitler come to power because in the USA in 1929 the Wall Street crashed. This plummeted the USA into depression and the effects were felt worldwide. This meant Germany had to repay the money they owed which they didnÂ’t have which lead to economic collapse in Germany. Businesses went bankrupt, workers were laid off and unemployment rocketed were just a few of the problems the Weimar government had to face.... [tags: Papers]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- Saving Private Ryan - Captain Miller Displays the Five Types of Power Many people in this world have power and influence. Yet, there are few who have the traits needed to be an incredible leader. These people who are positive leaders tend to leave strong impressions in our minds for years or maybe even a lifetime. In choosing a movie with a character that portrayed a strong sense of power and influence, and possessed the traits of a good leader, I remembered a character that left an admirable impression in my mind.... [tags: Leadership Five Types Power]
1419 words (4.1 pages)