For thousands of years human beings have attempted to find ways to get passed the struggles of their lives. With the pain of the world stopping people from enjoying simple pleasures, sometimes there is a need for help. Marijuana brings millions of people relief from the pain they feel on a day-to-day basis. This completely natural plant which helped so many people has puzzled the leaders of our nation for a long time. The THC in marijuana causes its users to experience a mild-huluciginic or high. The effect that marijuana has on a person has prevented the product from being legalized. Many other details about the plant, like the speculation of it being a gateway drug, have put another blockage on its legalization. Even though there are speculations about the plant, the benefit that it brings to the table most definitely out way its disadvantages. The plants help benefit by supplying us as a natural ingredient for medicine; however, nowadays, some people have been using it wrongly. Should marijuana be legalized? Many Americans have this question roaming through their heads. Marijuana is an illegal drug in the U.S. and many other countries; it comes from dried flowers and leaves of the hemp plant. It has been available since the 1960s, but is 20 times more potent than before. Many youngsters believe that marijuana should be illegalized. However, they fail to know its many long term side effects. In the long run marijuana usage has a very high effect on the person’s body. Also, it’s known for a fact that marijuana has a high rate for addiction. Some people also believe that marijuana is accepted as medical use; however this is not true. In my eyes, marijuana is illegal for extremely powerful reasons, and it should stay that way. As...
... middle of paper ...
...ere is a side affect of this individual drug. As stated before, marijuana affect our health, such as short term memory and our logical thinking. Teens who have used marijuana, their health may have been affected by these illness. And it can’t easily be cure, because once you are addicted to marijuana it is very difficult for one to detach him or her self from the drug without any medical profession.
To prevent unnecessary use of marijuana, the drug shouldn’t be used because can be very dangerous to the body and health. Beside from using such drug, it is better if we were to use a different one, not marijuana alone. Pain killer may relieve the pain of each individual, but there might be some side affect to it as well. Exercise, be active, and communicate can also solve unwanted problem, too. Not just the drugs alone.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Should marijuana be legalized. Many Americans have this question roaming through their heads. Marijuana is an illegal drug in the U.S. and many other countries; it comes from dried flowers and leaves of the hemp plant. It has been available since the 1960s, but is 20 times more potent than before. Many youngsters believe that marijuana should be illegalized. However, they fail to know its many long term side effects. In the long run marijuana usage has a very high effect on the person’s body. Also, it’s known for a fact that marijuana has a high rate for addiction.... [tags: marijuana, drugs,]
645 words (1.8 pages)
- For thousands of years human beings have attempted to find ways to get passed the struggles of their lives. With the pain of the world stopping people from enjoying simple pleasures, sometimes there is a need for help. Marijuana brings millions of people relief from the pain they feel on a day-to-day basis. This completely natural plant which helped so many people has puzzled the leaders of our nation for a long time. The THC in marijuana causes its users to experience a mild-huluciginic or high.... [tags: Legalization of Marijuana]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- JJ is a 7 year old boy. He has post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder and impulse control disorder. He has been thrown out of numerous preschools and admitted to several hospitals for psychiatric issues. His mother has pursued all forms of medical and behavioral help for her son’s hyperactivity and aggressiveness. She came across medical marijuana while trying to research JJ’s problems and after discussing it with his doctors decided to give it a try. She took him off all his medications and put the marijuana in a muffin in amounts prescribed and monitored by the doctor.... [tags: Pro Legalized Marijuana Essays]
1731 words (4.9 pages)
- Marijuana war Marijuana has been used since ancient times. The Chinese were the first to mention about marijuana use as a medical purpose in 2737 BC. It was then spread to India, African then later on Europe. Along with tobacco and marijuana the British made a lot of profit from marijuana crop ever since the Spanish brought cannabis to the North and South America in 1545. In the 1890, marijuana crop was so profitable that some state grew more marijuana than cotton. It was in the 1920’s that marijuana is available in stores and club.... [tags: Cannabis, Hashish, Global Marijuana March]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Should Marijuana be legalized. “Why is marijuana against the law. It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn’t the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?”― Bill Hicks Marijuana was naturally grown on the earth, so don’t you think that should be legal to use. If your thinking no then there are some reason that will help you change your mind. Most people think Marijuana is just used to get high and do stupid stuff, but really Marijuana back in the day was used to make fabrics and fiber, it wasn’t just used for getting high.... [tags: law, deceases, conditions, medicinal marijuana]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- Government prohibition on marijuana has been a back and forth debate. U.S citizens have been protesting the legalization of marijuana since the 1960’s, but it has become a bigger issue in the last five years. Ending prohibition on marijuana would be very beneficial decision to the U.S citizens and the government. Marijuana should be legalized for economic, illness treatment, and healthy recreational choices in the U.S. These are the main reasons why marijuana should be legalized. Marijuana should be legalized because it brings in a lot of extra tax and revenue income to the state.... [tags: Cannabis, Hashish, Cancer, Global Marijuana March]
1217 words (3.5 pages)
- Have you ever had a problem where there was a solution but it was out of reach. Many people suffer from illnesses that can be cured by marijuana. For a “drug” cannabis has many benefits from life-changing to small day-to-day benefits. Strokes, cancer, stress, arthritis, depression, and anxiety are just a few examples. Marijuana can also help control the abuse on pills and other prescription medicine which are addictive and potentially fatal. Marijuana has been suffering from propaganda and bias opinions for many years.... [tags: medical marijuana]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Most Americans are indoctrinated to believe that marijuana is harmful for you; however, upon closer inspection we see that marijuana has more positives than negative outcomes. Marijuana has been around since ancient times. It was first grown as a crop in colonial North America as a source of fiber. Marijuana has the most impact on certain parts of the brain, such as the hippocampus, the cerebellum, the basal ganglia and the cerebral cortex. Studies have shown that the high THC found in marijuana that effect these areas only provide therapeutic benefit that gives an individual a “high”.... [tags: medical marijuana, therapeutic drug]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- What is hemp. People often say and hear this word, but chances are they might not even know the true meaning of it. Hemp is a plant that produces cannabis and happens to be the most durable natural soft fiber on the face of the planet (The Union). Now, you might ask yourself how, such a useful plant can be illegal. My answer to you is marijuana. Marijuana or cannabis is produced from the hemp plants, and contains a chemical known as THC. This chemical plant gets you “high” when you smoke or ingest it properly, but there is so much more to marijuana than what meets the eye.... [tags: Pro Legalizing Marijuana]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- George Washington once said, “make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere”. Hemp or marijuana is a plant, also called “weed”,”grass”, “herb”, “dope” ,“reefer”, and many other names, hat have been a major part in the United States history. In the 1800's, laws like the Vaccine Act of 1813 and the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 labeled plants that contain THC a narcotic and even label recreation cannabis as a poison. Medical cannabis is now legal in six states and another six are pending.... [tags: canabis, medicinal marijuana, laws]
1963 words (5.6 pages)