Many people share the belief that accountants, both external and internal are only used for companies or businesses but they also provide services to individuals. Accountants are perhaps the best tools a person can go to for aid in their finances. Accountants assist in a person’s use of money, giving advice, preparing tax information and overall handling a person’s accounts. There are several benefits in hiring an accountant to assist in one’s personal finances. Though people are able to file their taxes on their taxes on their own, they aren’t necessarily going to get the outmost refund or pay less than they could. Even more, tax laws change on a consistent basis and most people aren’t as in touch with tax laws than accountants. Having a CPA file your taxes ensures that you are not breaking any tax law and you are receiving the optimal refund. Next, an accountant has the ability to help you improve your overall financial situation. An account can advise you on ways to save your money, ways to increase your credit score, educate you the financial world and even more, be honest about your financial situation without sugar coating anything. Many people think that accountants are far too expense to hire but an accountant is a form of investment. You are going to receive far more in the long run from the use of an accountant that the price you pay for an accountant you pay in the short run.
Filing Taxes (Body)
The most common reason people consider hiring an accountant is because of the assistance they can receive in filing their taxes. Accountants are in fact the most knowledgeable source for taxes. Hiring an accountant for your taxes increases your chances of getting the largest refund or payi...
... middle of paper ...
...an guide an individual down the best financial path. They help one save money, file accurate taxes with the optimal refund, advise and aid in budget planning, forecast and lastly, ensure that you or your business is completely accurate and valid with all that they report. It is crucial that everyone consider the advantages and benefits one can receive from hiring an accountant.
I. Desfosse, Rebecca. "5 Reasons You Should Hire an Accountant." Angieslist. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2014
II. Gran, Ben. "Why Hiring an Accountant Is One of the Best Things to Do for Your Business." Corpnet The Startup Starting Line. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2014
III. Peden, Chris. "What Do Accountants Do? (Besides Taxes)." The Bottom Line. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2014
IV. Ib. "Wahm Articles." 5 Reasons to Hire a Small Business Accountant. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2014`
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Occupation Description Requirements and Education There is not one set path to become a forensic accountant. There are however, two main certifications most forensic accountants hold; the CFE and the CPA. Having one or both of these certifications is the best way to find work in forensic accounting. CPA Many forensic accountants are Certified Public Accountants. It is the most well-known accounting credential and having those three letters after one’s name tells the world you know what you’re doing.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- When deciding what you want to be when you “grow-up” one should consider becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). A CPA is an Accountant trained in industry, the public service, or in the offices of practicing accountants and is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Certified Public Accountant, 2007). Public accountants can offer services in the fields of accounting, auditing, taxes and consulting (Institute for Career, 2006). Accounting professionals should become a CPA because it helps with career security, career development and an increase in pay.... [tags: career, security, development, pay]
637 words (1.8 pages)
- The career that I am interested in pursuing is accounting. This career interests me because accountants perform duties that I feel would be enjoyable. Such duties include examining financial statements, inspecting account books, and organizing financial documents. These particular duties tie in to my personal interests which are; examining and inspecting items of interest, analyzing problems, problem solving, and organizing various things such as files and papers. The experiences that have influenced my interest in this career are my everyday experiences.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- RECRUITMENT OF TRAINEE ACCOUNTANTS Finding ways to support improvements on traditional approaches is a constant challenge to any field and control professionals, who must be open and receptive to change. Not being afraid of change isn't enough, however; accountants must be excited and motivated about new ways of doing things. With the introduction of Human Resources, people in an organization have taken a new role. Long gone were the days when an accountant is a clerk. In today’s day and age, an employee is an asset for that company.... [tags: Essays Papers]
2595 words (7.4 pages)
- I have taken a lot of time this semester to think about and focus on a career path. After much consideration, I am now planning a path to become a licensed accountant. Certified Public Accountants oversee financial operations and examine and make sure financial records are correct. Many people call accounting the “language of business”, because many of the decisions made by companies are not made without looking at an accountant’s report. This job is appealing to me because it is a job that has a routine, I would get to work with numbers, and it is a respectable job that not everyone can do.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- First things first, we will address your comments regarding the requirement that accountants hold an ACL before they could provide an accountant’s letter or capacity to repay certificate to Bluestone, then with that out of the way, we will comment on what’s the best foot forward for Bluestone regarding using an accountant’s letter to verify an applicant 's financial situation. CPA Australia’s position The NCCP Act requires those involved in consumers obtaining credit contracts or consumer leases to have a credit licence (or have an authorisation from a credit licensee) and to comply with responsible lending requirements.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant, Credit]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- Accountants work in a high stress environment where it is vital to remain detailed, honest, and most importantly organized. Accountants must thrive and be responsible as they play role in their client’s financial future. At a younger age, I developed a quality known as organization; I can now say it is a successful element in my field. An accountant should be a very organized person who is also comfortable working in structured environments. This quality makes me unique because organization sets patterns and routines; it reflects how I portray myself and what kind of work I am capable of doing for myself and for my future employer.... [tags: Management, High school, Accountant, Subroutine]
706 words (2 pages)
- Steps 5: Promotion Opportunities Senior Accountant: Becoming a senior accountant is a promising step in the promotional ladder. Senior accountants have more responsibilities than staff or junior level accountants. Senior accountants are responsible for preparing financial documents, assisting with monthly reconciliations, and assisting with audits. Accounting Supervisors: The next level up from senior accountants are the accounting supervisors. Accounting supervisors are in charge of the staff and senior accountants.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant, Finance]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- All of my life, I have loved numbers. No matter what subject I was studying, I would try to incorporate numbers in school. My mom has told me that I would always know how much change I would be getting back after buying something when I was really young. Now, my mom has me take care of much of the financials in our family and I love doing it. These many things have led me to wanting to become an accountant. The amount of time and effort I put into math and accounting classes shows just how much I love the two subjects.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Need]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- The Requirements to be A Successful Accountant Accounting, which has been called the "language of business", includes different types of economic activities like preparing and checking the records that are related to finance. An accountant’s task is to make sure that the records are written accurately and the taxes are paid timely. Furthermore, the job is to examine the accounting books and accounting systems officially to keep them up to date. Nowadays, accounting is known as a popular business-related major.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant]
1609 words (4.6 pages)