There are many children in foster care. As the years pass, the numbers of children without parents have raised. Many same-sex couples would be more than glad to adopt one of these children. Society has not found a way to accept this kind of relationships completely and less accepts the idea of them parenting. It seems that as close as homosexual couples get to have equal rights as everyone else the more scared society becomes. There are many questions when it comes to gays and lesbians adopting. Why is Christian religion against same-sex parenting? Would a same-sex couple be bad for parenting? In other words, should homosexual couples be able to adopt a child? Even do Christian religion oppose to the idea of gays and lesbian adopting, psychologist have found evidence that being raise by a same-sex couple has no significant impact in the development of a child.
For many years, Christianity has not accepted homosexuality, proof of that is the support they have for the book of Patricia Morgan, Children as Trophies? Examining the Evidence on Same-Sex Parenting a book in which the author claim that same-sex parenting is bad for the children (Hicks, 2003). “Many conservative Christians believe that homosexuality is a chosen lifestyle, an unnatural and deviant behavior, and changeable. . . Conservatives [Christians] also generally believe that homosexual behavior is hated by God and condemned by the Bible.”(Robinson, 2002) Christians strongly believe that homosexuality is something that people learned and, for instance, is not natural, and they refuse to accept an unnatural couple to raise a child. It is unclear whether his description of a "non-traditional environment" includes both same-sex co...
... middle of paper ...
...nts in emotional health, parenting skills, and attitudes toward parenting. No data have pointed to any risk to children as a result of growing up in a family with 1 or more gay parents. Some among the vast variety of family forms, histories, and relationships may prove more conducive to healthy psychosexual and emotional development than others.”(Perrin 2002)
In conclusion, Christianity had fair point to believe and disapproved homosexual parenting. The testimony of the representative of God in earth, Pope Francis has shown concern about being parent by homosexuals. Even do there is a big concern in the Christian church, psychologist have proof that the children are develop correctly and that there is no difference shown in children with heterosexual parents and those being raised by homosexual parents. I strongly encourage people to accept homosexual parenting.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The girl took a toy away from the boy and he began crying. The mother became annoyed by his crying and yelled at him “STOP CRYING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!” The little boy became sadder but stopped crying shortly after. By the mother making that comment to her son she took away his opportunity to be himself and express his emotions as a human being. Society has been determined crying as an act for girls and discourage it in boys because it makes them “weak.” A homosexual parent would be less likely to make their child repress emotions and would have allowed the boy to cry even if it is seen as something that girls do, because homosexuals believe in expressing themselves and not falling in to s... [tags: homosexual parents adopting]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- There are critics who feel that the stigma in our society toward gays being accepted is a conflict of issues. This form of relation may affect the welfare of a child’s upbringing. The prospect of a nontraditional upbringing in a same-sex partnership, or marriage ought to be a problem when raising children. Some feel that there is no real negative influence that this form of parenting has on a child. Politics has raised concern, but there is a limited amount of research in this area to corroborate this concern.... [tags: Homosexuality, argumentative, persuasive]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- The Controversy of Gay Parenting Gay parenting is an issue that affects a great number of people worldwide. Although the number is a minority, the issue still causes heated debate. People who are in favor of Gay, Lesbian, and Bi-Sexual parenting rights claim that as long as there is a commitment to parenthood then successful parenting is achievable as a homosexual or bi-sexual. Since within a gay couple there is no chance for accidental pregnancy, the couple must make a conscious decision to become a parent.... [tags: Papers]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- Gay Parenting Steve Lofton and his partner, Roger Croteau live in fear each day of having their foster-son, Bert, taken away from them and placed with another family. Steve and Roger can not adopt Bert, who is 10 years old, because a Florida law banning gays from adopting prohibits it. Bert, along with four other children, has been in the care of Steve and Roger since he was an infant. If he is taken away from them, he will lose the only family he has ever known. Since June 1977, Florida has denied gays and lesbians from adopting children on the basis of morality and the supposed danger to the children (“Suit”).... [tags: Expository Adoption Gay Adopting Essays]
1792 words (5.1 pages)
- In today’s social order, we confront numerous challenges in addressing, conforming to, and adapting to changes in ethnic and societal norms. What some allude to as ordinary human conduct in one society, can typically be viewed as taboo in another. One of the most controversial topics facing today’s society is the subject of homosexuality. There are over four-hundred and forty species that engage in homosexuality; only one is homophobic. Homosexuality is not an infection; individuals do not call in sick because they are feeling “gay”.... [tags: homosexual, marriage, rights]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- The Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the Constitution guarantees a right to same-sex marriage. Yet, same-sex marriage continues to be a highly debated issue that leaves our society searching for answers. Now that the Supreme Court has made same-sex marriage legal, we will observe the impact upon parents, children, same sex couples, families, and the social and political world. The arguments surrounding the issue though confrontational nonetheless are easily seen from a wide array of perspectives.... [tags: Homosexual Lesbian Legal Marry]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- Over the years, gay marriage has become a worldwide known issue, and in Texas it is still a debate whether it should still be legalized. At the moment, it is not legal or illegal in the state. It is in the state of “anti-relationship recognition constitutional amendment; a federal judge has ruled that the amendment is unconstitutional, and the decision is now on appeal to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, with the ruling stayed” (Freedom to Marry, Inc, 2013-2014). “As of May 21, 2014, gay marriage has been legalized in 19 US states (CA, CT, DE, HI, IA, IL, MA, MD, ME, MN, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, and WA) and the District of Columbia” (Gay Marriage, 2014).... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Gay men and women have always adopted children, however in the past they would mostly hide the fact that they were gay. These days it has become more socially acceptable for gays to step out of the closet and have been welcomed into society. However it is still easier for a single parent to adopt than a gay couple. Now positive studies coming out on children who have been raised by gay parents either by adoption or biological homosexual parents in the United States. It is now up to us to realize that with the amount of children that still might never find permeant homes in the United States.... [tags: homosexuality, adopted children]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- The topic of gay marriage is an issue that our nation is undecided upon. While several states including the state of Vermont have passed laws allowing homosexual couples to marry, most of the U.S. is against these rights and consider them immoral. Many believe that gay and lesbians deserve no rights at all and should never be allowed to marry. On the other hand, others believe that these individuals deserve all rights just as everyone else and should have the same privileges as heterosexual couples do.... [tags: Marital Issues]
2488 words (7.1 pages)
- ... Having homosexual parents does mean that a child will be gay. The chances of a child of homosexuals becoming gay is the same as a heterosexual couple’s child. Having gay parents does not make a person gay, just like having straight parents does not make a person straight. If having heterosexual parents makes you straight, Magic Johnson’s son would be straight. Someone’s sexual orientation is already encoded somewhere deep inside them once they come into this world, they just do not know what that is until they start to experience feelings for whatever sex they choose.... [tags: controversial topics]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- John Locke 's Views On The State Of Consciousness
- War Dance By Sherman Alexie
- The Model Is Characterized By Six Assumptions That Have Emerged From Research
- Ethical Practice Of Health Care Brings Trustworthy Work Environment
- Autism Spectrum Disorder ( Asd ) And Autism
- Illegal Immigration And The United States