When it comes to the topic of gay marriage and creating a family, most of us will readily agree that it is a controversial issue. Where this agreement usually ends, however, is on the question of whether it should be legalized or not. Whereas some are convinced that homosexuals should be allowed to get marriage, others maintain that marriage should only be between a male and female. I am of two minds about gay marriage claim that I agree with the topic, but I also disagree with it. On the one hand, I agree that they should be allow to get married and that they should accept how they are. On the other hand, I don’t agree with homosexual couples raising a child.
Many people argue that gay marriage should not be allowed because is wrong in many ways. What people don’t seem to know is that by not wanting to legalize gay marriage it can have consequences on homosexuals. People are not aware that by denying homosexuals their right to marriage; they are hurting their feelings. In the article ‘Psychology’s Case for Same-sex Marriage the author Christopher Munsey says “Laws that exclude lesbian, gay and bisexual people from marriage causes stress, and that stress negatively impacts physical and mental health”. Rejecting homosexuals from their important rights of marriage can have negative effects on the life of homosexuals. Not all homosexuals react the same way as others, some homosexuals don’t seem to care what they say, while other do. Some homosexuals can’t take that don’t accept them so they get sad, depressed or mad. They feel reject even by their families, so they sometimes think about suicide. People should not push homosexuals to think about suicide. Homosexuals do not deserve to feel this way. We are all equal and we s...
... middle of paper ...
...ith Tracy two homosexuals, whether they are female or male cannot properly raise a child. As we grow up most of us get more attached to our mothers. That’s why we need the most important female figure which is a mother. Two homosexual guy cannot raise a girl. For example, a girl has a lot of developmental stages, a lot of changes in her life in which only a mother can understand and help her get through because she may have gone through something similar when she was younger. Although we do agree that a female needs a mother figure but that does not mean that she can be raise by two homosexual females. They also need a male figure in their life. Same thing when raising a boy, when they are small they will need a mother figure the most but once they get older they will need a male figure. A homosexual parent cannot play both a mother and father role in a child’s life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- On June 26, 2015, the US Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution guarantees the right for same-sex couples to marry. Should gay marriages really be allowed. Has the Supreme Court ruled in error. In our society today, homosexuals are treated unconstitutionally, they are forced to live a secret life, they are forbidden to adopt and raise children and unable to marry the person that they love. This is just a few to the many inequalities that homosexuals face in everyday life. The constitution guarantees the right to free speech and the right to pursue happiness to everyone, although homosexuals do not get to live their life by their choice.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Gay Marriage Same sex relationships occur when men and women are attracted to someone of the same gender as themselves. Same sex marriage is an argument issue that a lot of people have heard, and most of the people have strong opinions on. Why should gay marriage be illegal. Gay marriage should not be allowed because it is not considered as a marriage, it violates natural law, it always denies a child either a father or a mother, it validates and promotes the homosexual lifestyle, it turns a moral wrong into a civil right, it does not create a family but a naturally sterile union, it imposes its acceptance on all society, and it offends God.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- In today’s news and media, it seems that the topic of homosexuality and whether it is morally acceptable or unacceptable is brought up on a daily occurrence. Many individuals believe that homosexuality is a problem and ceremonies such as gay marriage should not be allowed. However, what is it that makes homosexuality considered wrong. Critics argue that homosexuality goes against the Bible—the word of God—and is immoral. The issue of homosexuality, however, is argued further when considering the topic of sexual ethics; homosexuality is not the only aspect of sexual ethics but also what is good and what is the purpose of sex and taboo situations such as incest, rape, pre-marriageable sex, mon... [tags: news, media, morality, homosexuality]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- "The freedom to marry is a basic human right that belongs to each individual--not the state. The government should not be in the position of arranging our marriages,"(Matt Coles). Gay marriages are presently illegal in the United States. This prohibition is a blatant form of discrimination, carried forth through our legal system. No government should be able to prohibit anyone from legally declaring his or her love. Discrimination against a particular group of people because of race, color or religion is prohibited by our nation's constitution.... [tags: Gay Marriage Essays]
1869 words (5.3 pages)
- Marriage is legally defined as, a contract made in due form of law, by which a free man and a free woman reciprocally engage to live with each other during their joint lives, in the union which ought to exist between husband and wife. Many liberals argue that gay marriage should be legal in the United States. In the following essay I will attempt to argue why marriage between the same sexes is immoral and unjust. The first point I will talk about is how marriage is a traditional bond between a man and a woman.... [tags: Essays on Gay Marriage]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- There are numerous opinions and standing views on gay marriage. The argument regarding gay marriage should be legalized or not is extremely controversial. According to an article from the Human Rights Campaign, there is nothing wrong with allowing homosexuals to have the same rights as those who are heterosexual. Every individual person should be granted equal rights, regardless of sexuality. Gay marriage should be legalized in all states and countries, it has been held off for too long. Moreover, there are several reasons why homosexuals feel strongly about wanting to be legally married.... [tags: Legal Issues, Gay Marriage]
1694 words (4.8 pages)
- Gay marriage is one of the most debated and controversial issues in today’s society. Everyone has his or her opinions on gay marriage whether it is acceptable or should not be allowed. According to The Washington post, “59 percent say they support same-sex marriage while 34 percent are opposed”( Craighil, P., & Clement). While 59% of the supporting gay is a high number, however that number is skewed. There is a difference between tolerance and acceptance, but the 59% is the total of the both. People have different perspectives on gay marriage.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Free Argumentative Essays - Homosexuals Should be Allowed to Marry A gay California man, whose partner died in the September 11 terrorist attacks has become "legally vulnerable in ways (he) could never imagine"(Urges 1). Keith Brodowski lost his life partner, Jeff Coleman, to American Airlines flight 11, which was the first plane to hit the World Trade Center. Coleman was a flight attendant. Brodowski is now battling the state and the nation for survivors' benefits, granted to the widows of those who died.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
706 words (2 pages)
- On June 26, 2015, the US Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution guarantees the right for same-sex couples to marry. Should gay marriages really be allowed. Has the Supreme Court ruled in error. In our society today, homosexuals are treated unconstitutionally, they are forced to live a secret life, they are forbidden to adopt and raise children and unable to marry the person they love. This is just a few to the many inequalities that homosexuals face in everyday life. The constitution guarantees the right to free speech and the right to pursue happiness to everyone, although homosexuals do not get to live their life by their choice.... [tags: Same-Sex Marriage Essays]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- When a person thinks about marriage, they usually think of a man and a woman. With more and more people getting married, it is all opening the door to gay marriage. No matter whom the person is, or what sex they chose to marry they should be treated the same. If a man and man want to unite in marriage and announce their love to each other, they should be able to and it should be accept in our society. If a female and another female are inmate it is considered arousing however, if those same woman want to make a commitment to each other it is then deemed unacceptable.... [tags: marriage, love, sexuality, family, adoption]
920 words (2.6 pages)