Free or Affordable
Obama has proposed a $60 billio...
... middle of paper ...
...get an education and if they fail or drop out then they are not out a ton of money. College weaves out the students that do not belong there or want to be there, so forcing them to go with the intentions of telling them it is free is not helping anyone or anything, but only wasting money because they just truly do not want to go out and get it. If something is not important to someone, then forcing them to do it does not change their thoughts about it. That is something that Obama should just be okay with and leave it alone. There are plenty of other ways to help the financially disabled. Obama feels like students are prohibited to going to college if they come from a poorly income family, but he should be really looking at whether they have fully applied themselves to high school and have tried working for money to go to college. That is what it all comes down to.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Why Community Colleges Should be free Community colleges have been tool used by many American students and families as a means of affordable education for better life for themselves and their children. Community colleges has played a big role in helping middle and lower income families who can 't afford to go to 4 years colleges ,the chance to educate themselves and their children. Community college was created in order to give basic liberal , technical and vocational education to all willing to be educated.... [tags: Higher education, College, School, High school]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- In our American society it is the role of the president to devise plans that will benefit our society as a whole. He might suggest that he has this plan to solve global warming our maybe he has concerns with the way a certain policy should be. Like presidents of the past president Obama has concerns and changes of his own he would like to put into place. Community colleges offer a wide range of degrees for cutting edge technical careers in today 's industries that help bridge opportunities to higher economic class.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Free public college education is college education funded by charitable organizations and tax payer’s money as opposed to payment of tuition fee. In the United States of America college education is controlled by the states and they some are offering free public college while others are not. America has been in the debate of whether to make college education free in all the States or let it remain as it is currently whereby students fund themselves or get loans from the government to pay for tuition.... [tags: administrators, community colleges]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Is Free Community College Really the Answer. Growing up we were forced to go to a small building filled with the same hundreds of people we have encountered day after day for years, high school. Whether students were from a small town or a large city there is a large chance that they did not exactly appreciate going to the same classes every day for numerous weeks. In the article, “Why All Public Higher Education Should Be Free,” Bob Samuels discusses why he believes that all public colleges should be free.... [tags: College, University, Higher education, High school]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Over the past few years, a debate has emerged on whether or not the United States of America should provide free college education for its citizens. This topic is very controversial; however, the issues that some people see in free higher education actually have solutions, and the benefits of free college clearly outweigh its risks. If college became fee, an economic class gap would be closed in education. In other words, free college would promote equality between the poor and the wealthy. This statement seems unreasonable, but there is logic behind it.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Going to college and getting a degree is a very important factor in succeeding in the 21st century competitive world. Nonetheless, many people do not go to college because of how expensive col-lege has become and the fear of being in debt. Sometimes college does not work out for every-one. President Barack Obama has proposed a plan to make the first two years of community col-lege free to encourage people to go to college, get a degree, and make the United States the most educated country or at least catch up to the rest of the countries like Russia and Canada.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- The costs of a college education have been soaring at a faster rate than the costs of healthcare in the past few decades. These rising costs have negatively impacted our national debt and student loan debt currently sits at over 1 trillion dollars. The solution to this growing problem is to make all public higher education free. Student goals of developing their minds and learning for the sake of being educated are being undermined by high costs of tuition. It is important for our nation to be educated, and a compromise is not hard to find to allow as many students as possible to reach their goals of higher education.... [tags: making public higher education free]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- When hearing the words “free” and “college” in the same sentence, that is exciting to anyone who is interested in not paying those thousands of dollars for their pursued education. However, when it comes to Obama’s free community college idea, for the first two years, many people skip over the many factors that go into this issue. Some may agree with President Obama’s plan fighting for a fair chance for all student to get a degree and not go into debt receiving an education, and others argue that community college already being inexpensive will only make the system difficult to work with.... [tags: Higher education, University, Academic degree]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- BA’s Coming to your Local Community College Community college is referred to as the 2-year college because its main focus is to get students into the workforce. However, offering a Bachelor degree at a community college can be beneficial. There are several reasons why community colleges should start offering Bachelor Degrees. According to the Community College Baccalaureate Association they intend to, “Promote the development and acceptance of the community college baccalaureate degree as a means of addressing the national problems of student access, demand, and cost.” Plus, this has been brought up for a few years now.... [tags: Associate's degree, Academic degree]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- Is college a beautiful illusion of that if we go then all our problems in life won’t be so hard or is it actually is a place people go to shape and mold themselves into better people. Andrew Hacker and Claudia Dreifus, in their essay, Are Colleges Worth the price of Admission. Says that whether or not you go to a public or private institution, the cost of attending college has doubled, compared to when our parents and every other generation before us went to college. They went on and made a few good point by saying how schools should engage the students more, also how they should replace tenure with multiyear contracts, but their arguments about postgraduate training and spreading donations... [tags: College, University, School, Education]
867 words (2.5 pages)