It is often said that no one should take their own life. While they rarely admit as much, that suicide is no big deal, many take for granted that an innocent person took their own life because someone thought they were superior to them. My whole life I’ve been hearing cases about bullies taking their victims to an extreme level, causing them to take their own lives. I firmly believe the bullies of victims that commit suicide should be charged with murder and manslaughter.
Bullying is the act of aggression, or intimidation to harm another person, whether it is on the internet, physically, or verbally. Most kids or adults end up being the bullies because they were victims of bullying. Some do it because they want to feel as if they have power, and some do it to draw attention. Bullying can be name calling, neglecting others from being in social group, hitting, shoving, and pushing. Bullying can happen at any age, from adulthood down to preschool. Usually kids that are bullied are kids that seem unable to defend themselves. Other characteristics can be their weight for example, if they are overweight or underweight. Children and adults who get bullied have a higher chance of going through depression, or have a lower self-esteem. Children who get bullied also tend to have more trouble in school academic wise therefore, they have a hard time focusing in school.
There are a variety of ways to tell when children or adults are also likely to bully others. Both groups may like to be in charge of others, or in other words be dominate. Another way is by their friends, if they bully others then they will most likely bully others as well. Also if they have a low self-esteem and feel dominate towards ...
... middle of paper ...
...hat it was wrong. Instead of graduating middle school that week, he will be in jail paying for his crime.
Bullying has become is huge issue throughout the years, and should be dealt with. Some people ignore it, others try to make a difference by spreading the word. Others say it’s no big deal, but when it’ someone’s life on the line, it’s the biggest deal ever. Bullying is always going to be around, but we too should stand up. If it was the other way around I’m sure we would want justice for those who hurt our children or family members. Bullies need to face consequences, and know that what they did is wrong. No one should feel that taking their life would be the best option. After going through all this research, I still believe the bullies should be charged with murder. At the end, pulling someone down, is never going to help us pull ourselves to the top.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bullying has become a major deal worldwide, with numerous cases of bullying leading to suicide. It is a tragic event when someone takes their own life from the torment of a bully, but a bully should not be charged with manslaughter, because it is not the bullies’ fault that the individual decided to commit suicide. However the bully should be charged with harassment and have to spend a jail sentence, also including a bullying fine. The concern is if bullies should be charged with manslaughter, but there are multiple cases of bullies happening every day.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Suicide, Verbal abuse]
1055 words (3 pages)
- ... Teenagers should learn from mistakes that they might see around, wether it comes from family members or others. There is no excuse to committing these crimes because in my behalf I know committing is an insane thought. All crimes should be treated in the same regard, whether they are teenagers or adults. A crime is a crime, when teenagers commit a murder or rape, that is a crime that adult would most likely do. If teenagers have the capability to commit a crime they should have the same capability to be responsible for their actions.... [tags: crime, parents, actions, behaviors]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- In this scenario, it seems as if John will be charged with Statutory rape. The young lady that came out the bar and was going back to his dorm said she was 16. Statutory rape is sexual intercourse with a minor. Even though she said she was 16, she was really 19. So the girl was not underage and could in fact consent for herself. His defense will be she is not underage. As goes for John, the female who was 19 and the 250 pound baby tiger that walked out of the improperly latched cage nothing happened.... [tags: Tort, Tort law, Negligence, Law]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- In my opinion I believe that Smallweed should be charged with first degree murder (section 231), theft. While, I also believe that Lillyvick should be charged with aiding (section 21,(1)(b)) a criminal act of theft. Let one begin with a brief synopsis of the crime. Lillyvick and Smallweed both in desperation decided to rob Mantalini’s café. Smallweed carrying a gun and knife entered the café, and threatened Mantalini with both objects (gun and knife), but when Mantalini refused to succumb to the pressures of the robbery, Smallweed shot Mantalini dead.... [tags: Crime, Murder, Criminal law, Assault]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- We as a country do not want to be looked at as someone who just loves to kill anybody for any little thing. We do what 's justice and giving minors the option with death penalty is just wrong. Minors should not be charged with the death penalty because it would not be justified to be kill that young. It would be a cruel and unusual punishment and that goes against what the constitution stands for. You would have to change the law in some states in order for this to happen and that would be a long process to deal with.... [tags: Capital punishment]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Nearly two- thirds of the 321 million people in the United States own and use a smart phone every day, and 90% of the people have only 2GB data plans. The other 32 million people can be thrown into the heavy data users category, and the people in this category can be subject to bandwidth throttling from their carrier. Bandwidth throttling is when cell phone companies intentionally slow down your internet speeds if they feel like you are using an excessive amount of data. The users that are throttled first are the ones with the “unlimited data” plans since they have no limits.... [tags: Mobile phone, Internet, Smartphone]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Ernest Hemingway once said, “All things truly wicked start from innocence.” This quote is relevant to the story, The Outsiders, because sixteen year old Johnny Cade is considered innocent. Johnny is still considered innocent because he is not yet an adult. Another reason he might be believed innocent is because he is quiet, small for his age, and the pet of a group called ‘The Greasers’. However, his conceived innocence is soon diluted not by adulthood, but the truly wicked act of murder. He and Ponyboy Curtis were running away when some guys from another group called ‘The Socs’ stopped them and were going to beat them up.... [tags: the outsiders, teen murder, novel]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- In William Goldings, The Lord of the Flies, an illegal killing took place. Unlawful homicides vary from First degree murder to Manslaughter. Second Degree, murder is a killing which is deliberate and planned in combination with felonies. When Piggy had gone to Castle Rock to retrieve his glasses, he ended fighting Jack. While the boys were disputing a rock was thrown at Piggy subsequently making him fall and die. Jack then proceeded to scream to Ralph that that’s what he deserved, approving Piggy’s murder.... [tags: essays research papers]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- Bullies Upon reading last Sunday’s issue of the newspaper, then scanning the Editorial Pages my eyes were drawn to thick black letters entitling a column “Time to pick on bullies”. This editorial of Bill Thompson immediately laid claim that after a school shooting, news follows that the shooter was “bullied” by fellow students. Seeing where this topic was headed, I was intrigued to read on. After a short reminiscent review of how kids used to either tolerate the ridiculer, or as Mr. Thompson wrote, resort to an “old fashioned schoolyard fist fight.” He then began fortifying his stand on the issue.... [tags: Free Essay Writer]
546 words (1.6 pages)
- Murder Murder is the most vindictive crime society can commit. Society often wonders, what makes an individual want to commit such a crime. As individuals in society, the belief of being born a murderer is false. No one is born a murderer; society gives birth to that murderer. In Ted Bundy’s case the lack of parental guidance and constant rejection of women contributed to him evolving into a vicious serial killer. Bundy was a man who let his fantasies run his life, he believed that life was a game.... [tags: Papers]
1948 words (5.6 pages)