The bond between a mother and child is made by something more than just DNA. The love that a parent gives their child makes their connection closer than other. However, abortion allows the deliberate decision of murdering your own child. How can we, not as americans but as humans, approve of a society where the killing of the innocent is acceptable? Abortion is, as Mother Teresa claimed, “ a war against the child... a direct killing of the innocent child, ‘murder’ by the mother herself”. If we can frown upon the existence of capital punishment, should we not be outraged by abortion. Compared to inmates and anyone else, these babies are pure and sinless; however, unlike the worst of our society, which plead the right to live, this being’s life is being demolished and their future shattering into pieces as their mother makes the decision. There are multiple reasons that abortion should be legal, but ask yourself, when did the size and age of the a human being justify their untimely death? Abortion must be put to an end because it is morally wrong, the “right to life” as the American Constitution states, and the multiple other alternatives to this hideous procedure.
Abortion is morally wrong and inhumane. The human life begins at the point of conception. Therefore abortion is killing a innocent human who has the right to life just as much as the rest of us. A foetus has a unique genetic code, unlike any other person on Earth. It is a unique individual with its own unique DNA. Every human life deserves a chance to live and become what it will. Whether it becomes a “good person” or a “bad person” it deserves a chance.By having an abortion the mother is stripping her child’s chance of life away. What kind of mother...
... middle of paper ...
...nctively know to kill for sustenance and protection, but where does abortion come into play? An abortion puts a woman into even more danger than a pregnancy according to birthmothers.org “Women with no prior history of substance abuse are 5 times more likely to abuse drugs and/or alcohol after an abortion than those who give birth... A study reported post-abortive women were six to seven times more likely to commit suicide in the following year than were women who gave birth.” Abortion only leads to a darker turn in life if one acknowledges the better opportunities with their new child. Life is precious and one needs to cherish it, whether it be miniscule or grand. The best way to simplify this idea is with a quote. In his famous novel, he writes of his character realizes the importance of life. “A person’s a person, matter how small” (Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears a Who)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ever since 1973, when the court case Roe v. Wade came about, there has been a debate on abortion. The first side to this case, the liberal side, believes that women have the right to control their own bodies. Then, the conservative side believes that every life should be protected and human life begins at the moment of conception. Along with having two totally different viewpoints there are also some gray areas in which both sides aren't really sure of such as- the use of birth control pills, morning after pills, private-abortion pills, and educated abortions.... [tags: Argument Against Abortion]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Every year, 98 million people die, and about 42 million are children. These children did nothing wrong to deserve death. Chopped up into pieces or drowned in saline solution, they need our help. Why not help them. Women’s rights are something that the world has struggled with for ages and one thing that people are advocating around the world for is abortion. According to The British Pregnancy Advisory Service, abortion is either a procedure that stops a fetus 's heart. Abortion should not be legal because life beings at creation, abortions are a direct violation of the 14th amendment, and thousands of people would love to adopt a child: handicapped or otherwise.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Human rights]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- In 2011, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 730,322 legal abortions were performed in 49 reporting areas. That means that nearly three-quarters of a million women were granted the right to make decisions about their own bodies. Abortion should be legal because a woman 's decisions about her life, body, and health are unequivocally hers to make. There are many legal cases, such as Roe vs. Wade that provide examples in which the merits of having the choice of abortion can be understood.... [tags: Roe v. Wade, Abortion]
2455 words (7 pages)
- People have their own beliefs on certain topics like abortion, right to die assisted-suicide, and the stand your ground laws. These beliefs are either conservative or liberal. Liberal thinkers believe that a woman has the right to do whatever she wants to do with her body and that a person has the right to die if they want to. Conservative thinkers believe that a baby is a human being and that a loved one or doctor should not help a loved one kill itself. I am on the conservative side for these different types of murders:abortion,right to die assisted-suicide,and stand your ground laws.... [tags: Conservatism, Liberalism, Human rights, Pregnancy]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- Abortion is a technique that has been used for thousands of years to terminate unwanted pregnancies. There are many different types of abortions, including medicinal termination to surgical termination. “Abortion is the ending of pregnancy by removing a fetus or embryo before it can survive outside the uterus (Abortion topic overview).” Although this act has been done for so many years, there is a lot of controversy on whether it should be legal and if it is moral or not. The difficulty comes when decided whether the fetus is a life or not.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Human rights, Pro-choice]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- "I am 17. One month ago, I had an abortion. My story is not tragic. No one made me get the abortion. It’s only my mother and me in the house. My father has never been in the picture. I broke the news to my mom, and she gave me every option and said whatever I chose, she would support me” (“Abortion Story”). October 3, 1973 was when abortion was legalized in all 50 states. Studies show that the abortion rate has dropped to the lowest point since becoming legal (Sandhya). That is a great statistic, but unfortunately, there are still women who continue to have abortions.... [tags: Pro-Life Essays]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- Abortion Abortion is actually one of the hotly debated, as well as, politically divisive issues of the day. Loaded words together with imagery are constantly utilized tactics of persuading, dissuading and defending positions on abortion. Abortion cannot be considered as an issue which grew overnight. This is due to the fact that it has a considerably rich history within this country. It is outright that legal and illegal abortions existed even before the 20th Century. Within most of the Western history, abortion was not classified as a criminal act provided it was carried out before “quickening” (the premier detectable fetus movement, which usually occurs within the thirteenth and twenty fi... [tags: Abortion, Roe v. Wade, Pregnancy]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Arguably reminiscent of the dreaded extermination camps of the second world war, deciding the death of millions has become a matter of routine in the world today. Abortion is the rationalized removal of a human life from existence. Though wrong, it has ceased to be considered so by many who deem it necessary for a modern lifestyle. In the words of Thoreau, “After the first blush of sin comes its indifference; and from immoral it becomes [simply] unmoral, and not quite unnecessary to that life which we have made" (Paragraph 14, line 20).... [tags: Argument Against Abortion]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Through every choice in life, there is a decision that must follow. Abortion is a woman’s individual choice; therefore, must be a legal part in todays society. Individual rights have an outstanding role in the controversial topic, on whether abortion should become legal in the United States . The individual rights for abortion show rights of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. As well, women should be able to have the choice to choose to have an abortion for several important reasons. The right to make these decisions should lie in the hands of the “mother” to make decisions concerning their own to make decisions concerning their own bodies.... [tags: Pro-Choice Essays]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Abortion not only ends the life of the child before it has a chance but has health-related issues such as sterility and premature births. Life begins at the moment of conception, and an innocent life shouldn’t be ended due to parent’s lack of financial stability. This problem can be fixed by outlawing abortion. Abortion by definition is the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus. Abortion ends life, and causes many health related issues for the mother.... [tags: Argument Against Abortion]
904 words (2.6 pages)