There are many reasons why abortion should be a choice left to the mother. Abortions are becoming harder and harder to get because of laws that are supposedly put in place to protect women 's health and wellbeing. First, according to the Deputy Director at the National Abortion Federation, abortions do not increase the amount of danger for women 's health any more than pregnancy, childbirth, and other smaller medical procedures can (Susan Dudley). Legally induced abortions have a mortality rate of 0.000073% nearly ten times less than what a study by the CDC found what was the risk of dying through a colonoscopy which is at 0.007% (Oliver). A study published by Obstetrics & Gynaecology in January of 2015 reported that 0.004% of abortions lead to major health complications and complications that did occur were more ...
... middle of paper ...
..., she 'll have to go all the way to Mexico to do so. Which will never happen because she doesn 't have the means to go there. As we turned her away all I could think of is that we 're sentencing this child into motherhood. Imagine if that was your child and you couldn 't do anything to help her" (Oliver).
Abortion is now a problem that is no longer now ignorable and something has to be done to create change.
Abortion should be a choice woman are able to make for themselves. Being able to get an abortion empowers women by giving them control over their reproductive choices. While some might disagree with abortion and claim it’s wrong the benefits greatly out way the disadvantages.
This author believes that abortions should not only be legal but be accessible to everyone.
Woman should be able to get abortion and be able to make their own personal reproductive choices.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Half of pregnancies among American women are unintended, four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion.” “In 2011, 1.06 million abortions were performed, down 13% from 1.21 million in 2008. From 1973 through 2011, nearly 53 million legal abortions occurred.” “At least half of American women will experience an unintended pregnancy by age 45, and at 2008 abortion rates, one in 10 women will have an abortion by age 20, one in four by age 30 and three in 10 by age 45.” (Gutmacher, Induced Abortion) These sad but very true facts are why this issue needs to be brought to the attention of everyone once again.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Uterus]
1716 words (4.9 pages)
- From a young age, children are taught that they are able to make choice for themselves. Throughout life they are given more choices like what to wear and what to do. They are able to make those decisions without others taking those decisions away from them. Something woman are not able to take control of is their bodies, yet people still want to take away the right to take care of their bodies. Today teen pregnancy in the United states has dropped to a historic low. In 2014 only 249.078 babies were born to women ages fifteen to nineteen years of age (CDC) .... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Reproduction, Human]
1801 words (5.1 pages)
- Abortion. “An abortion is the premature exit of the products of conception (the fetus, fetal membranes, and placenta) from the uterus” (medicinenet.com). We hear that abortion should be a women’s choice, or that it should be illegal. My thought on the entire situation is that it shouldn’t be illegal but it also shouldn’t be legal. The term “Abortion” means to literally kill the fetus or embryo that is inside of you at that very moment. According to the “Planned Parenthood” website, there are two ways to get rid of said fetus.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Uterus]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- The issue of abortion is a controversial one; there are arguments on both sides of the debate. In 1973 the national case of Roe v. Wade, sparked political decisions that created a national right to abortion. Further, "Roe v. Wade declared that unborn children are not `persons' nor are they entitled to the same constitutional protection as `born children'" (Baird, Rosenbaum, 2001). However, Roe v. Wade did not end the debate, nor, did it stop both sides for continuing the fight for their individual beliefs.... [tags: argumentative, persuasive]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- ... Last year, Mitt Romney endorsed Richard Murdock’s debate that rape is a blessing from God, by pointing out that he has “struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, which it is something that God intended to happen.” (“Mitt Romney…”) This quote also mentions that since this is a gift of God, aborting the child would be an abomination. If these impregnated rape victims cannot abort, it could lead to many psychological and mental anguish, and just depletes the child’s rate of being healthy.... [tags: pro choice, abortion should be allowed]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- An abortion is the process of ending a pregnancy by a medical or surgical procedure. (“Abortion” par. 1). Abortion was legalized in 1973 (“Abortion” par. 19). Abortions affect every person involved. The main people it affects is the mother and the baby (fetus). There are many issues involved in getting an abortion like; The medical issues the mother and baby could go through, The moral issue of when life really begins, and the issue of should it be a choice for the mother to make. When getting an abortion the women should realize that it can cause many medical issues.... [tags: Argument For Abortion, Pro Choice]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- In this state, country, and all over the world, there are a number of controversial topics, and there are always going to be. These topics range from debating on whether to legalize certain drugs, gun control, the death penalty, and the list goes on. One very popular topic that involves potential life and death, and constantly gets debated about is abortion. The topic of whether or not abortion should be legal has been around for years, and it isn’t going away any time soon. If someone hasn 't asked , “Are you pro life or are you pro choice?”, more than likely it will.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Pro-choice, Fetus]
2015 words (5.8 pages)
- Abort Mission About 47,000 women die from unsafe abortions in a year and many of these are young children or teenagers. The abortion issue has become a bigger and bigger matter with both sides of the argument growing stronger. Pro-Life, Pro-choice, and No-choice are some ways people are divided on the abortion-rights movement. In 2016, there were 30 anti-abortion laws passed in 14 states, not only making it harder for women to get an abortion but also increase the amount of unsafe abortions. Even though abortion is the necessary evil in some cases, it is inhumane to let the embryo start developing into a fetus before deciding on abortion.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Pro-choice, Fetus]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- How would you feel if you took away someone’s ability to live. All humans have the right to live in this world. Abortion causes death to one’s pregnancy. Many people think abortion is harmless; others believe it’s immoral. Many women decide to have an abortion because they are scared to raise a baby, and scared of the future of the child. Some women want to abort because they get raped and they don’t want to have such a large responsibility without the available support. But whatever reason it is, it is never acceptable to kill an innocent pre born child.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Pro-choice, Fetus]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- The Mother Should Have the Choice When abortion is being discussed in any case, there is one common question to be answered; does the mother or the fetus have the rights. Aborting pregnancies has been around for centuries, and so has all of the controversy around abortions, dealing with religious beliefs and morals. After all sides are looked at women, the mother should have the right to decide what she wants to be done with her unborn child. This essay will support the idea that women have the right to choose what is to be done with there unborn child only in the first trimester of their pregnancy.... [tags: Abortion, Argumentative, Pro-Choice]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- Carcinoma ( Hcc ) Is A Primary Malignancy Of The Liver
- The Effects Of Colorism On Skin Color Selection System
- The Profession Of Teaching Is Composed Of High And Rigorous Standards
- Community Involvement And Restorative Justice
- Is There A Power Struggle Between Amy And Her Husband?
- I Read Two Articles By Peggy Mcintosh And Judith Lorber