One of the main contrasts of form in this piece is the shot type. Shot types are important to the composition of the video because they give the work a sense of variety. This piece uses extreme close up, wide shot, medium shot, two shot, as well as multiple camera angles. Extreme close ups are used in this piece to focus on an important aspect of the video. Close up shots fill the entire composition in order to focus on one main scene intensely. A wide shot is used when the piece is either transitioning into a new scene, or foreshadowing what is to come in an upcoming scene. Medium shots are closer than a wide shot, and is used to help the viewer become part of the action. An example of a two shot would be used when the shot has two people side by side or if the scene has dialogue. Finally, different camera angles are used at high, low and eye level depending on the scene.
Another main contrast of form is lighting. Three light sources were used in this piece, each with varying levels of brightness. The lights illuminate the set around the scene. In some scenes the lighting is dulled down, other times the light is closer to the camera which makes the scene brighter. Lighting is also used to put emphasis on depth and also to enhance focal points. Lighting not only helps to make important parts of the piece stand out it also enhances the composition.
In addition to camera angles and light, another prominent visual characteristic of this piece is the focus of lens. Some shots in the piece are intentionally focused and other parts are intentionally blurred, broken and are not focused. When the video goes from focused to blur it depicts a scene of sleeping and/or sickness. The use of focus of ...
... middle of paper ...
... vibrant color, then it would create a higher contrast. Overall, making the images stand out from the font. On the contrary, the font size in the video was very different, and in order to catch the viewers eye there needed to be more consistency with font and color. When the viewer cannot read the information, it is useless and becomes a negative ascent to the entire project. To modify these scenes I could work more on verbal communication. There are no words being spoken to help drive home meaning. The viewer has to interpret from actions alone. The last change I would make is to not over complicate the video. The video has to many angles that become unimportant and confusing. For the next project I will simplify camera angles and lighting. I need to take a step back from this project, learn from it, and make stronger work that has more positives than negatives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One shot: All 's Fair in Love - Written 9/4/16 Summary: Stephanie Patrick is busy helping with Matthew Patrick (MatPat) with research for the latest Film Theory video they were producing. But when Matthew tells her about a possible challenge that they could do on the livestream, known as the Pocky Game, she 's intrigued. A/N: Based on this prompt (http://otpprompts.tumblr.com/post/149173861835/your-otp-playing-the-pocky-game-person-b-thinks) from http://otpprompts.tumblr.com/. Your OTP playing the Pocky Game.... [tags: Chocolate, Types of chocolate, Breathing]
1315 words (3.8 pages)
- Some of the reasons why people don’t get the flu shot is one they don’t feel the need for them. They think because they don’t get sick then one will never get the flu. Vaccines can do more harm then good most say about this type of shots. Many don’t understand that it may not be the beneficial for you but will be beneficial to the ones who can’t get the shot. There are a couple of age groups that are strongly suggested about to get the shot, but to the ones that should get one can be religious about the shot, what if it can cause my family member to get sick or if worse it causes something that can’t be irreversible.... [tags: Influenza, Influenza vaccine, Vaccine]
1977 words (5.6 pages)
- ... Have you ever wondered how the vaccine is made. There are two parts to making a flu shot: First, scientist experts around the world decide what types of flu will be included in the flu shot for each year. Then, vaccine manufacturers start making the flu shots so that by the time the next flu season starts, millions of doses are already available. How do they decide what goes into a flu shot. Every year, in more than 100 countries around the world, health workers and expert scientists collect samples from people who are sick with the flu.... [tags: vaccine, effectiveness, purpose, protect]
1575 words (4.5 pages)
- When you play the game of basketball, you are not aware of at the time some of the physics that are going on all around you. For example, you have all the players using force to accelerate and go to top speed. You have the jump shot which uses vertical and horizontal forces. The spin of the ball affects its place once it hits the rim or the backboard. Dribbling comes into major play because of all the different types of forces and actions going on around it. There is two different types of shots that you do in basketball, first being a jump shot, and the second being a layup.... [tags: shot, stop, spin]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- The article “Family Says Man Shot by Officers was Mentally Ill” discusses an incident where Kody Conley, an African-American male experiencing schizophrenia, was shot by two police officers in Omaha, Nebraska. The incident took place after Conly fired a stolen gun near Creighton University campus. After the incident took place near the campus, Conley was taken to CHI-Creighton (Creighton University Medical Center), and is said to be alive. Although he is alive, his family expresses that he is in serious condition and is in a medically induced coma.... [tags: Police, Sociology, Constable, Institution]
711 words (2 pages)
- Steven Spielberg’s summer blockbuster Jaws from 1975 is a dramatic thriller that has audiences afraid to go in the water. Dealing with the terror of the unknown is the major theme in Jaws (Goodykoontz, B., & Jacobs, C. P. 2014). In this film Spielberg uses many different techniques to draw in the suspense of the audience and to capture their imagination. This essay will analyze how the theme of the film is established by the use of cinematic techniques such as camera shots, sound, and camera edits/movements.... [tags: Film techniques, Long shot, Jaws, Fear]
1506 words (4.3 pages)
- Multiple characters in the novel To Kill A Mockingbird display courage in many different ways. Harper Lee has a great way of expressing different types of courage through several characters throughout the novel. The characters that show physical courage physically do something that brings out their personality and how brave of a person they are. Several characters experience mental courage where they mature as a character and challenge a personal fear. Harper Lee displays physical and mental courage through her characters Atticus Finch, Tom Robinson, Arthur Radley, And Jem Finch in the novel To Kill A Mockingbird.... [tags: negro, shot, courtroom]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- One of the most important part of the Star Wars movies is the lightsabers. Every lightsaber is different from the next because the lightsaber is made for the owner. A good description of what a lightsaber can do came from the Star War website and the article “Lightsaber – Info” “In the hands of a Jedi, a lightsaber is almost unstoppable. It can be used to cut through blast doors or enemies alike. Using the Force, a Jedi can predict and deflect incoming blaster bolts, and reflect them back at the firer” (Lightsaber- Info).... [tags: jedi, star wars, light saber]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you felt like you were over or under reacting. Have you ever been accused of being a fish out of its water. Have you had a phase in your life where you looked to someone around you and wished to be like them, more compatible to life. Most people have been there, and to that, the MBTI, the Myer Briggs Types Indicator: a website(1) representing an elaborate encyclopedia for all sixteen types of personality, provides and suggests an online free test to help the user get in touch with his/her personality and with the people surrounding them.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Hunting Bang. The adrenaline is flowing now. You see the biggest buck you have ever seen laying there on the ground. All the things you’ve worked for this whole past year has finally come together. Allowing you to make that kill of a lifetime. What I just described to you is exactly what happened to me November the 12th,2015, but to reach that amazing adventure there were many things I had to do to achieve my goal. With hunting, a lot of things play into factor such as the time of year to hunt/scouting, types of hunting, and also meal prep.... [tags: Hunting, Deer, White-tailed deer, Game]
966 words (2.8 pages)