Sadly, there are many people who consider the rest as something detrimental as not productive and spend the time that would otherwise be used for work.
There is one story of a carpenter who was sawing a large tree. It’s been hours he was busy sawing large trees and seems to have been very tired. There is a passing and try to provide solutions, “why do not you just rest and relax while you can sharpen a saw blade?”. The carpenter replied “I have no time to rest, let alone saw blade sharpening”.
It was ironic, a that seeks to more productive, but in fact are doing stuff that makes him much less productive.
So now people, actually to be more productive, they need quality rest. To rest well someone had to lose the tempo of activities in advance and take enough time to rest. Unfortunately, not many people are willing to do so because they do not have time for it.
Various forms of break
Sleep – daily rest.
Weekly rest, rest one day a week of daily activities.
Recreation – switching from job stress and mental tension.
Meditation – is a daily activity that should be done at least once a day.
>> Sleep – daily rest
Research shows that the optimum sleep time is seven to eight hours per day. This figure refers to a study of those who lived the longest in the US.
Enough sleep is different for each person, depending on age and genetic of someone. If at the time we wak...
... middle of paper ...
...tion. By reading His Word, we can reflect on his will and guidance in our lives.
In relation to health, we have often seen or even experienced, filed with the prayer really really bring healing any illness.
The Principle of Rest
1 . Sleeping 7-8 hours a day, try to not less than that.
2 . Try to sleep early and also wake up early. On the morning fresh air is not polluted and briefly basking in the sun.
3 . Do not sleep on when stomach is full of food, so try to eat last at least 3 hours before bedtime.
4 . Room to sleep as much as possible to have good air circulation, so as to have sufficient oxygen.
5 . Should be a balanced and orderly time between when to work, when to rest, when the current recreation and pray and meditate.
6 . Try some quality time with family, mutually reinforcing each other.
7 . Occasionally held in a year vacation to enjoy God’s creation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- We all have some bad habits that we find difficult to break. These problems eventually have a major impact on our lives and health. Bad habits are unwanted behaviour, which take time to break or change depending on the severity of the obsession. Common examples include: overeating, smoking, and a lazy life style. This leaflet aims to help you address these habits, understand them and hopefully, overcome them. Smoking Quitting smoking can be very challenging and it is never easy to quit, but if you use a calm persuasion and not demanding or criticising yourself, slowly you will get rid of smoking.... [tags: bad habits, smoking, diet]
625 words (1.8 pages)
- Almost everybody knows the negative effects bad cholesterol has on the body. Bad cholesterol has to do with low-density lipoprotein’s molecular transport deposits that thicken in the walls of the arteries hindering the flawless passage of blood affecting the atherogenic status of the arterial walls. But not everybody fully appreciates the important role cholesterol plays in the body. This non-soluble, waxy substance is essential to aid in the building of membranes, the manufacture of bile, strengthening of cell walls and nerve sheaths, and in the production of hormones.... [tags: healthy eating habits and excercise routines]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- The 3 Deadly Habits Many people are trapped in a bad habit that they wish they never had. Unfortunately, bad habits are formed more easily than good habits, and are usually the hardest to get rid of. Littering, smoking and texting while driving are all deadly bad habits. Since so many Americans possess these habits, the government enforces laws in attempt to counteract the effects of these bad habits. These habits need to be broken one way or another because they not only affect the person, but it can affect the ones close to them or even a whole nation.... [tags: Cigarette, Smoking, Tobacco smoking, Asthma]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Mastering Good Habits and Bad Habits: 4 Cool Tactics As I 've mentioned before, self-improvement really comes down to daily habits and the compounding effects of them. But how do we make sure we do our good habits and avoid the bad ones. I 'm sure you 've heard this a million times before, but according to the book, The Power of Habit, habits follow the same pattern: Trigger Action Reward While this isn 't new news, here are some great tactics that plan around this that can really help you out.... [tags: English-language films, American films]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Badass U Articles Summary Mastering Good Habits and Bad Habits: 4 Cool Tactics As I 've mentioned before, self-improvement really comes down to daily habits and the compounding effects of them. But how do we make sure we do our good habits and avoid the bad. I 'm sure you 've heard this a million times before, but according to the book, The Power of Habit, habits follow the same pattern: Trigger Action Reward While this isn 't new news, here are some great tactics that plan around this that can really help you out.... [tags: English-language films, American films]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Bad eating habits and education. The Government, the media, newspapers and magazines play a very important role reporting how to prevent obesity and overweight. An Alarming increase of obesity in the population, and mostly in children under 5 years, from 1980 to date, is almost unbelievable, the obesity has doubled in the world. The sedentary lifestyle, poor feeding, the increase of the sugar in the diet in adults, but mainly in children and the lack of information about eating healthy and balanced are some of the causes that lead to obesity.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Overweight, Eating]
709 words (2 pages)
- These days, almost everyone will eventually cross paths with reckless drivers who have dangerous habits while behind the wheel. For many of these drivers, the car continues to serve as a social hobby. They can range from texting and talking, to applying makeup, to failing to use turn signals, etc... Also there is a responsibility that is mutually present and shared amongst all those individuals who come out on the road and drive. However, most modern day drivers have developed dangerous habits that tend to jeopardize lives and properties.... [tags: dangerous, live, properities, cell, phones]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- The Impact of Bad Habits on My Life It is very hard for people to accept their mistakes, but the hardest part is to correct them since no one is perfect and it might take some time as well. Some people think they are too perfect in life; unfortunately, I am one of those who believe it. However, thinking that I am a perfect person does not make any harm to people, but, when I come back to reality and see things around me from a different point of view, I realize that are my bad habits the ones hurting my family and friends.... [tags: essays research papers]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- My Good and Bad Habits A habit can be many things, some good, some not so good. Everyone has habits that they would like to change and maybe improve upon. I believe the majority of habits I have are good ones but some are not. These bad habits are the ones I will talk about. Smoking is a bad habit that is not only harmful to myself, but also to the people around me, namely my wife and children. They are the ones that receive the most harmful and the most concentrated amounts of smoke.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
429 words (1.2 pages)
- Bad Dietary Habits of Americans You are what you eat", goes a famous saying. If that's truly the case, then a lot of Americans would appear to be unhealthy, chemically treated, commercially raised slabs of animal flesh. While that is not a particularly pleasant thought, it is nonetheless a description of the typical American omnivore who survives on the consumption of big macs and greasy french fries. It's true, and what have the average Americans done about this problem. Asked for seconds and tell themselves that they won't eat much for tomorrow's meal.... [tags: Papers]
1834 words (5.2 pages)